Kato platform signs

gavino200

I love the Kato platforms. Except for the little signs that slot into the curved platform end pieces. The base is very prominent and makes the whole platform look cheap and fake (I think). I'd like to replace these or get rid of them and fill in the holes. Anyone know of a good replacement that fits in the same footprine (ie, the holes) or a good inconspicuous way of filling the holes?

m1YjD1i.jpg

3qDOo2E.jpg

Personally I'd find some platform furniture (vending machines, bins, seats etc.) to cover the holes with; cut the sign off the base and drill appropriately sized holes with a pin vise for it. Might need a dab of glue to hold in place

• Like 1

I've seen some JNR stations with the signs actually standing in a planter of flowers, seems like a good option to hide the base without extensive modification. 

• Like 2

I would suggest using plastic putty to fill them in, then painting the whole platform surface. Faller road paints work nicely for this. Also possible is to just touch the fills up with matching paint.

Also i think there are some manhole covers in the sticker sheet to cover any remaining holes.

Personally, i just cut off the side stripes and kept the center pin, painted the base  concrete and then installed some of the single hole platform furniture into the two side holes.

Edited by kvp

Thanks guys. After rummaging through a ton of random bags and boxes, I found these. The seats line up perfectly with two of the holes. I can put a vending machine in the third hole. Fortunately I picked up the habit of never throwing away anything train related from folks here.  It's starting to pay off.

DCCzpiN.jpg

• Like 2