N scale Japanese Lanterns

TCC Railroad

Does anybody know a source for N scale Japanese lanterns? I want to incorporate a garden in my NTRAK module, but I can't find any lanterns. There was one included in a Tomytec onsen kit, but that isn't enough. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Kurt

On 2/6/2018 at 5:42 PM, bill937ca said:

Thanks for the links, Bill. What I am really looking for are stone lanterns that would be found throughout a Japanese garden. I will keep looking.

Greenmax 2162 has some small Shrine items.  See the photo below. Unfortunately only available in small quantities.  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10190747

Kabuto Models on Shapeways run by list member  tonibabelony has a type of Shrine  light  but not a lantern.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7EFXZ75JM/toro-shrine-lights-32x-n-gauge?optionId=57351957

IMG_5533.JPG

Edited by bill937ca

When toni gets less busy perfect thing to add to his shapeways shop! Actually something that the printing roughness would be nice for the stone texture and shape.

jeff

14 hours ago, cteno4 said:

When toni gets less busy perfect thing to add to his shapeways shop! Actually something that the printing roughness would be nice for the stone texture and shape.

jeff

Oh, yea. I am such a fan of Japanese gardens I built a Northwest/Japanese garden in by back yard. Finding good lanterns is difficult. I think I should take some photos for Toni and beg really softly for help. 

Kurt

Couldn’t hurt, he’s been really busy of late and not aroundnthe Forum much. I don’t think the 3d printing biz gets him a lot or revenue, but he’s a great artist and loves this stuff and also uses it on his own stuff so hopefully it ends paying for his stuff!

luckily the lanterns are pretty simple.

i am surprised more has not been done of stuff like this. I would have expected Tomytec to do a set of toriis and lanterns by now, the garden set is pretty minimal.

jeff