EU manufacturers N Gauge new Releases & Product Announcements

Yavianice

Lemke has released a video of their new product presentation (and due to some recording error is now a "hear what you will see on the screen in about 60 seconds video") which shows the ICE 4 close up (at around 23:11). They say that this prototype already has a working engine and that the only thing remaining is getting the livery correct. Unfortunately they don't show more, such as couplers or whatever, in this video.

• Like 1

For anyone who's interested in the Minitrix 15887 set, it seems like the sets are being shipped out. DM-Toys posted first actual model photos yesterday and OOPS! From those photos it seems like MTX made a huge mistake and put a round Bundesbahn roof on the ex-DR Bimz 256.

https://www.en.dm-toys.de/produktdetails/items/Minitrix_15887.html 

vs. prototype photo on MTX website:

https://www.trix.de/de/produkte/details/article/15887/

If this really is the case, it's very annoying to me as I was looking forward to this set and even had it pre-ordered.

Edited by Suica
23 minutes ago, Suica said:

If this really is the case, it's very annoying to me as I was looking forward to this set and even had it pre-ordered.

Just as annoying as the incorrect NS1800 from Minitrix? Or the Hobbytrain CD Railjet loco with incorrect logo's? Let's face it, we are spoiled by japanese manufacturers that organize a recall or ship a replacement item when the car numbers are incorrectly placed....

• Like 2
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Suica said:

For anyone who's interested in the Minitrix 15887 set, it seems like the sets are being shipped out. DM-Toys posted first actual model photos yesterday and OOPS! From those photos it seems like MTX made a huge mistake and put a round Bundesbahn roof on the ex-DR Bimz 256.

https://www.en.dm-toys.de/produktdetails/items/Minitrix_15887.html 

vs. prototype photo on MTX website:

https://www.trix.de/de/produkte/details/article/15887/

As per this thread on 1zu160, Trix is aware of the problem and has stopped deliveries of this set and will fix the roof, according to info from DM-Toys. Owners of sets that have already been delivered can exchanged them but Trix says they don't know yet when the correct roof will be available. The wrong roof appears to not only be a simple generic Bundesbahn roof, but specifically appears to be the roof from Minitrix' BordBistro coach.

https://www.1zu160.net/scripte/forum/forum_show.php?id=1093967&sb1=15887

The bigger issue for me would be that the WRmz 135 in that set is Minitrix' older version which is too short, which definitely won't be fixed.

• Like 1
On 1/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, Yavianice said:

More ICE news:

• Arnold pushed back their release of the ICE-3, ICE-3M, Renfe Velaro from March 2019 to July 2019.

but for the Velaro version is better to wait the release, from catalog photos I see a "reNfritos" train again ....  (money saved for something other)

57 minutes ago, jappomania said:

but for the Velaro version is better to wait the release, from catalog photos I see a "reNfritos" train again ....  (money saved for something other)

As in, it is incorrect? I hope the Arnold catalogue pictures are just placeholders, since the Dutch version has incorrect doors.

The old Arnold Renfe Velaro was a fake, was simply the german version repainted, a commercial operation like the fake Kato 500 EVA or E3-700 (I bought them just because I collect all the Shinkansen but spanish trains aren't my focus), the new one appear the same.

The real one have different and biggest air cooler units on the rooftop over the doors (much bigger and whit different fan/air intake), has been changed during the trial run because the ICE3 original was too small for the climatic condition in Spain, and also the pantograph shield (the hump) is different and not limited to the pantograph car, continue whit similar cover to the near car (search on youtube velaro renfe, you can find some views of the complete rooftop during departure from train station)

ops.. don't forget the windows on the bar coach, different arrangement of the interior=different windows size/dispositions

(some other minor difference, but are just painted and not molded on the model, simple to correct)

I hope only the new one don't present also the same engine defect like the previous release (well the shitty plastic gears on the axle are normal but is not so hard to change whit brass spare parts, do it on a brand new train paid whit good euros isn't the best for my healt...)

I'm curios to the real see it when released... (too much photoshop on web)

1 hour ago, jappomania said:

The old Arnold Renfe Velaro was a fake, was simply the german version repainted, a commercial operation like the fake Kato 500 EVA or E3-700 (I bought them just because I collect all the Shinkansen but spanish trains aren't my focus), the new one appear the same.

Don't expect this one to be different. I think it will be exactly the same as the previous release.

Update regarding KATO ICE 4:

It won't have electric couplers (I've seen some prototype pictures on facebook). Instead it will have couplers which seem very similar to the older style shinkansen couplers from KATO (i.e. like the E1/E4/500 series couplers not the E3/E5/E6/E7 variety).

• Like 1

New announcements from LS Models for 2019:

Austrian EC cars in Green/Red

77121 (1st class 2x)

77127 (2nd class 2x)

77701 (2nd class 2x, luggage car/2nd class hybrid 1x)

Austrian EC cars in Gray/Red

77131 (1st class 2x)

77137 (2nd class 2x)

77141 (1st class 2x)

77703 (2nd class 2x, luggage car/2nd class hybrid 1x)

On 2/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, Yavianice said:

For those that have endless patience and money to burn, here are the new "releases" for 2019 by Pirata.

https://www.lemkecollection.de/media/files_public/hdiwegfkh/PIRATA Scala N 2019.pdf

Let's face it though, they will probably be released closer to 2119 than 2019...

I don't understand the country designations (flags). There are some DB wagons with double and triple flags. Is that just because they serve international routes between these countries?

24 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I don't understand the country designations (flags). There are some DB wagons with double and triple flags. Is that just because they serve international routes between these countries?

Yup.

They also added the German flag to a Belgian car because they look the same anyway. 😉 

• Haha 1
On 2/1/2019 at 1:54 AM, Misha_K said:

Re: the other announced ICE models - not sure what Fleischmann is thinking as neither the ICE2 as offered nor the new ICE1 produce prototypical sets. In the case of the latter you end up with too many 1st class coaches and not enough 2nd class coaches.

If you pretend that the service car is actually a 2nd class car, then it may become prototypical as DB is considering to shorten ICE 1 trains from 12 to 9 middle cars.

Martijn Meerts

Noticed Minitrix is doing a BR103 with fitting set of cars.. However, the locomotive and 7 cars would be around 700-750 euro, that's a bit over the top. Also saw they're doing a run of the Swiss crocodile loco, for 400 euro ...

Granted, they're DCC and have sound, but I don't want sound, and I don't want Minitrix's decoders ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Granted, they're DCC and have sound, but I don't want sound, and I don't want Minitrix's decoders ...

AMEN!

I don't think Trix's new sudden no-more-DC policy is helping the weakening state of this hobby in Europe. 

I don't want DCC which automatically makes me not want Trix locos anymore. It's even worse with their H0 lineup. Those prices are just bananas.

Well, I guess their price policy is generally running out of control. Not much longer and their coaches (which are based on 20+ year old molds) will cost as much as LS Model releases.

Though parent company Märklin should be used to near bancruptcy situations and owner changes by now. Time for the next one.

Edited by Suica
Martijn Meerts

Yeah, there’s several European trains I really want, like a br103 with full set of coaches, and a full length ICE, but they’re just too expensive these days. Even without sound and factory installed decoder they’re expensive. 

• Thanks 1

I don't get why they don't offer these releases in DC and DCC. I want DCC but I want to choose my decoder and I don't want to pay a premium for installation that I do myself for free. Also after finding that Fleishmann decoders don't work on a digitrax system, I'm reluctant to take a chance on other proprietary decoders. On top of the minitrix price I have to figure in also a possible replacement decoder and the hassle of converting.  

Really, what on earth are these guys thinking!

Edited by gavino200

Perhaps they’re hoping people will buy everything from the same company, just to avoid compatibility issues 

4 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Perhaps they’re hoping people will buy everything from the same company, just to avoid compatibility issues 

Ha, I hear that hope is a great business strategy. Do you know who makes their decoders anyway? For some locos I'd overlook the premium if I had confidence it would even work on my system.

Edited by gavino200
1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

Ha, I hear that hope is a great business strategy. Do you know who makes their decoders anyway? 

No idea. Hopefully not Fleischmann

• Like 1