EU manufacturers N Gauge new Releases & Product Announcements

Yavianice

I just checked the Lemke page as the Kato/Lemke ICE-4 wasn’t announced for the December release as promised (end of 2018). Lemke are now giving August 2019 as a release date.

This thread should probably be stickied btw!

• cteno4 pinned this topic
On 7/5/2018 at 4:42 AM, gavino200 said:

I guess my question should be rather, when will European suppliers start taking pre-orders for these new Arnold goodies? They don't seem to be yet.

Generally, they take pre-orders as soon as products are announced. As was the case with ICE 3 models. But I never pre-order european models (except cheap fleischmann cars) as it can be cheaper to wait and compare store prices.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:09 AM, gavino200 said:

Taking orders now at Eurolokshop.com. Just ordered mine. Odd that there are three options for the Renfe version - DC, DCC, and DCC with sound - but only two options for the German and Dutch versions.

Probably because people in Germany/Netherlands are more interested in having DCC with sound? Or perhaps decoders are easier to get in Netherlands and Germany compared to Spain? I think it is quite easy to equip a decoder in the analogue version.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1

Arnold announced the following cancellations due to the closure of the model train manufacturer in China:

* HN6388/HN6389 (Herbst-/Winterneuheiten '18, Seite 12)
* HN6390/HN6391 (Herbst-/Winterneuheiten '18, Seite 13
* HN6392 (Herbst-/Winterneuheiten '18, Seite 14)
* HN6393 (Herbst-/Winterneuheiten '18, Seite 23)
* HN6394/HN6395/HN6396 (Frühjahr-/Sommerneuheiten '18, Seite 17)
* HN6397 (Frühjahr-/Sommerneuheiten '18, Seite 18)

These are all goods cars, by the way.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Arnold announced the following cancellations due to the closure of the model train manufacturer in China:

But isn't all of Arnold's stuff produced in China?

Just now, Suica said:

But isn't all of Arnold's stuff produced in China?

I think so. But there are multiple model train manufacturers in China that produce model trains for a variety of brands. One major one closed recently quite abruptly, which caused a lot of turmoil for US brands that use it; many US brand trains have cancelled models. I was hoping that european brands were not affected, which seems to be the case, except for Arnold who just announced this yesterday. There are other factories in China which are expected to take over the manufacturing of these models, but it cannot be done without severe delays, necessitating some brands to just cancel their models and focus on popular ones.

• Like 1

In other news, Minitrix has announced its Q1 releases for 2019:

- Blue Rheingold 5 part set at 239 euro, the same Arnold has released it last year for 200 euro but with closing lights

- Blue Rheingold locomotive BR E10 for 289 euro (DCC+Sound)

- Brown BRV100 DCC+Sound for 260 euro

- Green BRV41 DCC+Sound for 289 euro

- Metronom double decker middle car in christmas livery with interior light for 100 euro

All due around Q1 2019

https://www.trix.de/fileadmin/media/trix/produkte/produktinformationen/Herbst-Neuheiten_2018/DE_Trix_henh2018.pdf

Edited by Yavianice
now with PDF link

LEMKE annouced new stuff today as "Autumn Highlights 2018". So we can expect them in 2020 or so? Who knows.

Anyway

- LEMKE LC95001 FLIXTRAIN Lok BR182/2x Bom/Bomz (also available in digital version + sound)

- LEMKE LC95002 FLIXTRAIN 3x Bomz/Bomz /Bom additional car set

- Hobbytrain 3106 DB Vectron Diesel BR247 IC2 design (also available in digital version + sound)

- Hobbytrain 2997 Siemens Smarttron (demonstration livery) (also available in digital version + sound)

- Hobbytrain 2996 DB Vectron Electroloc BR193 "Das Ist Grun" livery (also available in digital version + sound)

- Hobbytrain 2993 Locomotion Vectron "150 Jahre Brennerbahn" livery (also available in digital version + sound)

- Hobbytrain 23484 SBB Silowagen "HOLCIM" 

- Hobbytrain 23483 SBB Silowagen 2 part Uacs

Personally looking forward to the 150 Jahre Brennerbahn zebra locomotive, already saw it in HO (in a Youtube video) and I think it looks amazing. 

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1

Funny to see that Fleischmann will now also release the CD Vectron. I guess they got too many complaints that releasing the CD cars with a CD Railjet Taurus makes no sense at all (it only ran a handful of times as a replacement locomotive)

1 hour ago, Waisneed said:

Fleischmann also has released their winteer 2018 catalogue:

http://www.bahnorama.ch/data/downloads/Fleischmann/Fleischmann_Winterneuheiten_2018.pdf

My Highlight is of course the Re 450 with a complete S-Bahn Zürich consist. In the inbetween livery (engine with blue door and no stripes, wagons with red doors)

I'm quite surprised that they decided to release the National Express 110+the train set for it, I hope it won't be too expensive. Been seeing and riding on this set regularly in the recent time.

Edit: The models are already up on the Fleischmann website, including prices and release dates, in the products section:
https://www.fleischmann.de/de/home/index.html

Edited by Gryphr

Hmm, interesting to see that the new CD Railjet seems to have a more white color than unrealistic silver color (at least on the website)

I wonder what "white" color the Fleischmann CD Vectron and cars will have, and how they compare with the Hobbytrain versions.

EDIT: It seems, that Fleischmann did correct the CD colors on the new Taurus, versus the old version. LEFT: Old CD Taurus from Fleischmann. MIDDLE: New CD Taurus from Fleischmann. RIGHT: Hobbytrain CD Taurus. Picture courtesy of N-SpoorStore

IMG_2386.thumb.jpg.e1f6c84c4150eece07a533972087d0f7.jpg

Edited by Yavianice
new picture comparing CD Taurus versions
14 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

The ICE-1 is tempting. That was the first high speed train I every saw. It's a bit pricey though.

It is still a whopping 269 euro cheaper than the minitrix version that's coming out (full set price). Though the minitrix version does have interior lighting built in and a name. 

Edited by Yavianice
28 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

It is still a whopping 269 euro cheaper than the minitrix version that's coming out (full set price). Though the minitrix version does have interior lighting built in and a name. 

I don't see the minitrix ICE on their website. Do you have a link. With four companies (allegedly, yes I mean Lemke/Kato) coming out with ICE versions, I'll have to be careful or I'll end up going from zero to four ICE trains in the span of one year.

8 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I don't see the minitrix ICE on their website. Do you have a link. With four companies (allegedly, yes I mean Lemke/Kato) coming out with ICE versions, I'll have to be careful or I'll end up going from zero to four ICE trains in the span of one year.

(mini)Trix 16941 (base set) and 15941 (expansion set). Prototypical combination is 14 cars (powercars included). Due to go on shelves any day now, according to retailers. But (mini)Trix is very good at announcing stuff rather than actually releasing stuff.

On other related news, Minitrix Rheingold BR101 exclusive edition 16082 is also about to be released any day now (my vendor said this week, even).

Edited by Yavianice
typo in product number
42 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

(mini)Trix 16941 (base set) and 15941 (expansion set). Prototypical combination is 14 cars (powercars included). Due to go on shelves any day now, according to retailers. But (mini)Trix is very good at announcing stuff rather than actually releasing stuff.

On other related news, Minitrix Rheingold BR101 exclusive edition 16082 is also about to be released any day now (my vendor said this week, even).

Thanks for the info Yavianice. Both the miniTrix and Fleischmann sets are nice. I wish that they didn't come with DCC already installed. I've had bad experiences with Fleischmann decoders on a Digitrax system. I don't know what decoders Trix use but I don't really care too much about sound in general. Fleischmann usually sells a separate options for with/without DCC. Pity they don't seem to be doing that here.

The Rheingold is beautiful, I agree. 

11 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Thanks for the info Yavianice. Both the miniTrix and Fleischmann sets are nice. I wish that they didn't come with DCC already installed. I've had bad experiences with Fleischmann decoders on a Digitrax system. I don't know what decoders Trix use but I don't really care too much about sound in general. Fleischmann usually sells a separate options for with/without DCC.

Minitrix nowadays only sells DCC, since they are part of Marklin, and therefore assume everyone has (or should have) DCC. But all new releases come with a proprietary analogue bridge, which, depending on which way you insert it, allows you to turn specific functions (mostly lights, though) on or off. It's just a bummer that if you want the DC version, you pay the DCC premium anyway.

7 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Minitrix nowadays only sells DCC, since they are part of Marklin, and therefore assume everyone has (or should have) DCC. But all new releases come with a proprietary analogue bridge, which, depending on which way you insert it, allows you to turn specific functions (mostly lights, though) on or off. It's just a bummer that if you want the DC version, you pay the DCC premium anyway.

I actually want DCC. But Fleischmann decoders don't work well with many non-European DCC systems. So, unfortunately I'd be buying the motor and function decoders (at inflated prices) then removing them and replacing them with different decoders. 

Edited by gavino200

Oh sorry, I misread your comment. I should stop posting in the middle of the night. While I should be working.

Just curious, which DCC decoders do you switch to? And I think that modern Fleischmann models are just the digital versions with an analogue bridge, which you can remove and then replace with a decoder. That was at least the case with my BR 120 (which is undergoing top secret modifications).

• Haha 1
Just now, Yavianice said:

Oh sorry, I misread your comment. I should stop posting in the middle of the night. While I should be working.

Just curious, which DCC decoders do you switch to? And I think that modern Fleischmann models are just the digital versions with an analogue bridge, which you can remove and then replace with a decoder. That was at least the case with my BR 120 (which is undergoing top secret modifications).

I'd have to check, but I think I changed to some Digitrax decoders. 

The Fleischmann decoders won't work on a Digitrax system at the regular N-scale voltage. They only work on HO voltage. I had a thread about it open for a while. It was believed (explanation from kvp that I can't do justice to) that the problem was caused by the Fleischmann decoders feature that allows it to run on either DC or DCC. The low US nscale voltage confuses it. You're supposed to be able to turn this feature off by changing the CVs. However, the decoder won't accept the change. So the choice was to run it at high voltage or change the decoders. I chose the latter. 

I don't know about all the Trix decoders in their N-Scale, but at least some of them are D&H DH14 decoders with custom firmware.    Trix has their "own" 14 pin interface they use and D&H makes decoders with that interface and I have used many of the standard (non custom firmware) 14 pin ones in various Trix locomotives.

I have a couple from Trix that came with DCC installed from the factory and had no issues with my NCE Power Cab.

Newer Trix 14 pin decoders made by D&H can be reprogrammed with the standard firmware, but then you lose any custom functions that Trix added (to control special lighting etc).

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1

The Novegro Hobby Model Expo (commonly shortened to HME), is Italy's largest and most important yearly (evry last weekend of september) model exibition & marketplace and the second biggest in Europe, behind Nuremberg's Toy Fair.  I went there with a few friends on their last day, september the 29th.

The day starts at my local station, as we're greeted by italy's most common locomotive, the E464 hauling the boring Vivalto double-decker IR coaches (photo taken at Lambrate station), here in Trenord colors as it's Lombardy's regional railway company.

(full flickr album here)

Here are the highlights:

Right after the entrance, there was the Honrby stand, with it's acquired brands: Electrotren (Spanish H0), Lima (resonably priced Italian H0), Rivarossi (less reasonably-priced italian H0) here with UIC type Y coaches and E656 and E645 electric locomotives and Arnold (German and elsewhere N, here with a DR V60 shunter, a BR 187 loco and the Italy-Switzerland Cisalpino train).

The Piko stand had quite the variety of things from the G-scale DB cargo BR 232 "Ludmilla" and bundesbahn V60 shunter to the N scale DB Regio Stadler electric GTW-2/6 and MaK G1206(not exactly) local stuff in H0 such as the Iseo line ATR 125 (wich is a Stadler GTW) and the Ferrovie Padane (Padanian Railways) D220 and D221 (bought second-hand from DB in the 1980s).

The LGB stand with the obligatory Rhaetian Railways stock, Ge 4/4 and Tm III and a snowy display layout, again, with RhB models.

Marklin had a demonstrator layout for their mobile-station system and a "MyWorld" toy layout.

The Roco stand with an impressive lineup of recent and not-so recent Italian locomotives (you can also spot a fleischmann box as the two companys are owned by the same one, modelleinsebahn)

The ACME stand. After the demise of the Rivarossi and Lima brands in the early '2000s, ACME quickly rose to be one of the three new leading italian model train makers.

Displayed were E633, E656E403 and E402B (in frecciabianca colors) electric locomotives.

Another of the three is Vitrains, wich is known abroad for it's British railway models. It's the only italian industrial model brand to entirely design, produce and test it's models in a single factory locaded in Vicenza. It was present with the regional MDVE and MDVC "flat" cab cars both in Trenord and 1980's Navetta (shuttle) colors  and the Vivalto double-decker IR coaches, in Trenord colors (for Lombardy) and "white+XMPR lines" (for evrywhere else)

Os.Kar is a sardinian-based model train maufacturer (and the last of the three), known for it's nice models of 1960's diesel locos and DMUs.

The absolute surprise of this year was a long "hoped" model, the ALe 642 of the G.A.I. family of EMUs (Ale 724, ALe 582, ALe 642), wich were immediatly being sold for quite a lot: 318€ the 3-car set, 375€ the 4-car set.

Halling, austrian maufacturer, was present with quite a good display of it's tram and narrow gauge models

The "Jelly Models" stand, they are an extremely recent company (been around for a couple years or so) that specializes in commercializing H0e/H0m narrow gauge models, based on Tomytec's Hakotetsu chassis. Some are even very distinctive Japanese-looking (that's Tomix finetrack under there!) running on weird, tortuous and extremely compact layouts (the "one" on the left uses a single Kato flexible track, whose lenght is exactly 808mm).

N3C is another artisanal manufacturer, specialized in busses, trolleyubsses and trams of Milan's municipal transportation company (ATM). 

Their Milan Metro Line 1 200 series (4th batch - 1976) is the first ever commercially avaible italian subway train.

UTECA-Mfal is a manufacturer known for it's extremely detailed (and expensive) brass models. They were present with a selection of 1920's passenger coaches and 1950's freight carsALe 841 regional trains (rebuilt in the 1980s from ALe 601 express EMUs), the Breda TEE DMU and the FNM (Ferrovie Nord Milano - Northern Milan Railways, merged with Trenitalia to form Trenord in 2011) EB730 EMUs from the late 1940s.

Now for the N-scale:

Pi.Ra.Ta. "graduated" a couple of years ago from artisanal to semi-industrial model manufacturing with it's TEE Gran Confort coaches and nowdays they offer also the 1980's "Bandiera" cream-black with red lines colors and the early-2000s XMPR liviery. They've also started making the UIC type Z coaches in "Euro" C1 orange.

Hobbytrain (european Kato distributor) was also present inside the Pi.Ra.Ta. stand, with quite a vast selection of unitrak and unitram, altough there was absolutely no Japanese rolling stock (except for the snowplough DD16 set hidden in a corner, wich sold for double it's price at HobbySearch).

The only Kato trains present were the Rhaetian railway Allegra and the TGV Résau.

LoCo, these are artisanal-made italian N gauge models. Each car sells for around 150€.  Then if you'd like to make a real-lenght train with these Trenord rebuilt "piano ribassato" coaches (7/8 coaches + loco per train) be prepared to save a lot!

Fratrix stand, these are also artisanal-made N gauge models but way more expensive than LoCo (around 200€).

Many individual sellers were also present, some had also american models on display such as the massive Union Pacific Gas Turbine loco and the Metroliner in Amtrak's phase 1 colors.

The 2nd batch of the Pendolino is coming soon with the following liveries

390.107   11-Car Pendolino - Virgin White Livery

390.130   11-Car Pendolino - City of Edinburgh - Original Virgin Livery - Grey Doors

390.152   11-Car Pendolino - Virgin Knight - Original Virgin Livery - Grey Doors 

390.005     9-Car Pendolino - City of Wolverhampton - Virgin White Livery

390.010     9-Car Pendolino - Cumbrian Spirit - Virgin White Livery

390.045     9-Car Pendolino - Virgin Pride - Virgin White/Rainbow Livery

390.049     9-Car Pendolino - Virgin Express - Original Virgin Livery

I already ordered my next Pendolino.