E3-2000 Tsubasa New Color seats?

KomachiMaster427

KomachiMaster427

Okay, so I have purchased the Kato version of the train in the title, and have plans on super detailing it from defining the exterior features and details to adding lights, adding figures, and painting the interior seats the proper colors. I can't seem to find the colors of the seats for the Green Car accomodations. If anyone has any information, photos, or reference of any kind regarding both the standard seating and Green car seating, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Matt H.

KomachiMaster427
21 minutes ago, Socimi said:

Thank you, Socimi. From what I understand by looking at the photographs  standard class has black and red seating, while the Green Car, car 11, has black and grey seating? Please correct me if I am wrong on which car has which color seats, as well as correct seat color.

-Matt H.

5 hours ago, KomachiMaster427 said:

Thank you, Socimi. From what I understand by looking at the photographs  standard class has black and red seating, while the Green Car, car 11, has black and grey seating? Please correct me if I am wrong on which car has which color seats, as well as correct seat color.

-Matt H.

Are you referring to this picture?

http://www.trainfrontview.net/hensei/e3la.jpg

Then, top left is the E3 (plus an E4 Max) at Omiya station, top right is the green car reserved seating with grey/yellow seats, bottom left is a non reserved seating car on an E3-1000 series and bottom right is a non reserved seating car on an E3-2000 series.

KomachiMaster427
38 minutes ago, Socimi said:

Then, top left is the E3 (plus an E4 Max) at Omiya station, top right is the green car reserved seating with grey/yellow seats, bottom left is a non reserved seating car on an E3-1000 series and bottom right is a non reserved seating car on an E3-2000 series.

Socimi,

Yes, that was the right one I was referring to. My understanding now is that E3-1000 standard seating is the same as E3-2000 Green Car seating, with the only difference being the color dust covers on the headrests. Is that correct?

-Matt H.

4 hours ago, KomachiMaster427 said:

Socimi,

Yes, that was the right one I was referring to. My understanding now is that E3-1000 standard seating is the same as E3-2000 Green Car seating, with the only difference being the color dust covers on the headrests. Is that correct?

-Matt H.

No, it's the green car seating that's identical in the two trains. The standard seating differs in the shape and colors of seats.

See also:

Standard seating for an E3-1000 series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JReastE3-1000_inside.jpg

Standard seating for an E3-2000 series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JReastE3-2000_inside.jpg