JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

Pauljag900

10D01647-5BB2-456B-B16E-FC6C20032383.thumb.jpeg.e13025b94027ac46df2dc5836f7f9c45.jpeg

On the left is the updated list as far as I can make out,but it’s not final so anyone wanting to join can just let me know and I ll add them on.

on the right is just a list of who’s had it so far,this can also serve as an indication as to where it as at that given time,I ll update this as soon as the person who has it lets me know by posting on the forum.

for the purpose of tracking the car can people please let me know the city and country where they are please? 

Cheers everyone,

regards,

Paul

• Thanks 2
maihama eki

Can I be included?  It would be yet another U.S. stop.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Edited by maihama eki

Thanks for the hard work Jeff and Paul! It will be so interesting to log this!  🙂

Yes my city is Singapore and country Singapore ~  😛

• Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work paul!  I just got word from Jeff and will be sending it on to Junior tomorrow after work.  My location is Los Angeles for your list.

Pauljag900
3 hours ago, maihama eki said:

Can I be included?  It would be yet another U.S. stop.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

No problem buddy,I ll add you to the list later.👍👍😀

2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Thanks for all your hard work paul!  I just got word from Jeff and will be sending it on to Junior tomorrow after work.  My location is Los Angeles for your list.

Cheers sam👍😀

Hi everyone,

i ve updated the list to include people who have asked to join.

please shout if you want to take part and do nt see your name,

many thanks,

paul

C6E4D16C-8880-4E61-9268-01B155DAB614.thumb.jpeg.9c0171b48b49fb2626282683bbbcd719.jpeg

• Like 2

I just primed my two green containers. My first ever airbrush project!  White paint tomorrow. Then decals when the packet comes in the mail. Airbrushing was much more intuitive and fun than I expected. I'm looking forward to learning how to really use this thing! 

The picture makes it look overpainted. It's not. If anything it's underdone, but based on what my YouTube videos tell me, that should be right for a priming layer. 

Question: Can someone tell me what "clear coat" is? When you you apply it? Where do you get it?

I can't wait for the real wagon to arrive!!

jIGwoLF.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I just primed my two green containers. My first ever airbrush project!  White paint tomorrow. Then decals when the packet comes in the mail. Airbrushing was much more intuitive and fun than I expected. I'm looking forward to learning how to really use this thing! 

The picture makes it look overpainted. It's not. If anything it's underdone, but based on what my YouTube videos tell me, that should be right for a priming layer. 

Question: Can someone tell me what "clear coat" is? When you you apply it? Where do you get it?

I can't wait for the real wagon to arrive!!

jIGwoLF.jpg

Clear coat is basically a clear varnish that you paint over the transfers with to protect them.👍😀

It should be available alongsidethe modelling paints.

Edited by Pauljag900
7 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Clear coat is basically a clear varnish that you paint over the transfers with to protect them.👍😀

It should be available alongsidethe modelling paints.

So you don’t use it on everything you paint? Just over decals?

I guess you could use it as a protective coat on anything you paint but it’s basically a clear varnish.The modelling paints do nt really need a protective covering but the decals will just to stop them getting rubbed off when handling the car.👍😀

• Like 1

Clear coat also smooths the surface before you add decals, ideally you should clear coat first and then either matte or clear coat after to get the desired finish.  Clear coating before ensures minimal tiny airbubbles trapped under the surface (which is responsible for the "silvery" look poorly applied decals sometimes get).  The coat after applying decals protects the artwork, as well as ensuring the car is evenly shiny or dull as desired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Clear coat also smooths the surface before you add decals, ideally you should clear coat first and then either matte or clear coat after to get the desired finish.  Clear coating before ensures minimal tiny airbubbles trapped under the surface (which is responsible for the "silvery" look poorly applied decals sometimes get).  The coat after applying decals protects the artwork, as well as ensuring the car is evenly shiny or dull as desired.

Matt ?

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Matt-Model-Color-Varnish/dp/B000PH9JPA

or 

Satin?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PHBESK?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1&pf_rd_p=5707046144712701809&pf_rd_r=aa7c44ef-964b-41a0-b022-4eac3aaaea58&pd_rd_wg=VUOUj&pf_rd_s=desktop-huc-carousels&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_i=B000PHBESK&pd_rd_w=rA3GO&pf_rd_i=desktop-huc-carousels&pd_rd_r=aa7c44ef-964b-41a0-b022-4eac3aaaea58&ref_=pd_luc_rh_crh_rh_sbs_01_02_t_img_lh

Edited by gavino200

Matt gives a flat finish,satin gives a slightly shiny finish and gloss gives a shiny finish.Matt would probably be best for this task.

Just now, Pauljag900 said:

Matt gives a flat finish,satin gives a slightly shiny finish and gloss gives a shiny finish.Matt would probably be best for this task.

I guess the containers are essentially matt. Locos are more satin though, right? 

serotta1972

Who and where is the next destination? I will send to the next person next week.

Edited by serotta1972
On 7/20/2018 at 8:30 AM, serotta1972 said:

Who and where is the next destination? I will send to the next person next week.

How is the route determined, actually? Or where can I see who is next? I'm a bit confused. 

Just bear with me buddy,I m in the process of doing it now but just need some confirmation of a couple of things.

What I can tell you is that it will travel USA,Europe then Asia.

👍😀

paul

• Like 2

Hi gents,

i ve managed to organise the route for the USA. Below is a map of its journey so far and the route for it to take.

As far as I can tell we have 8 members from the USA taking part,illustrated below is the route I think is best,bearing in mind that Gavino200 has kindly agreed to fund the more expensive postage to Europe and therefore needs to recieve it last.

At the moment it’s made its stop to Cteno4,Khia66 and serotta1972,it’s now on its way to Chadbag.so from here the route should be,

Chadbag

Maihama Eki

Defor

MRY1210

Gavino200

Gavin will then post it  to Europe.

just an idea,but if you can look who is sending it to you and pm them your address in preparation for them sending it on.

Again,not set in stone so if anyone wants to do it differently then that’s fine,I m not the best at geography but have used google and this seems the best route.

Also it’s not too late to join in,anyone wishing to do so please pm me with your state so I can alter the route and map to suit.

Hope this is all ok,

thanks everyone for taking part,

Paul👍😀😀

45D9CC57-5667-4B23-93B0-B93DD429EED5.thumb.jpeg.f17eaccd753e25fb1b7a84ffb0a81638.jpeg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi gents,

i ve managed to organise the route for the USA. Below is a map of its journey so far and the route for it to take.

As far as I can tell we have 8 members from the USA taking part,illustrated below is the route I think is best,bearing in mind that Gavino200 has kindly agreed to fund the more expensive postage to Europe and therefore needs to recieve it last.

At the moment it’s made its stop to Cteno4,Khia66 and serotta1972,it’s now on its way to Chadbag.so from here the route should be,

Chadbag

Maihama Eki

Defor

MRY1210

Gavino200

Gavin will then post it  to Europe.

just an idea,but if you can look who is sending it to you and pm them your address in preparation for them sending it on.

Again,not set in stone so if anyone wants to do it differently then that’s fine,I m not the best at geography but have used google and this seems the best route.

Also it’s not too late to join in,anyone wishing to do so please pm me with your state so I can alter the route and map to suit.

Hope this is all ok,

thanks everyone for taking part,

Paul👍😀😀

E0F3716D-7C10-4CDC-B309-550E47B9F10B.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong Washington for Cteno. But it's not a big deal. It makes the map look better.

Edited by gavino200
13 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong Washington for Cteno. But it's not a big deal. It makes the map look better.

No, you re right mate,it s Washington DC,I ll check it out and correct it ,cheers buddy.

5 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

No, you re right mate,it s Washington DC,I ll check it out and correct it ,cheers buddy.

No! Really, don't. It really does look better this way. You can tell Jeff that he's so important you need more space on the map to represent him! He'll buy it. 

Edited by gavino200
  • Haha 1

I ve done it now Gavin but I ll email it to you before I post it,any more mistakes let me know,I did say I was bad at geograghy😂😂😂

Edited by Pauljag900

Gents,

how do I search for members?

i need to know where Ian law lives so I can plan the route,does anyone know?