People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

gavino200

serotta1972
On 4/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Kiha66 said:

Welcome to the forum QZ!  I've been waiting on the release of a DF11z for a while, glad to know its finally coming.  It looks beautiful, I cant wait to get my hands on one.

Let me know when you get one, maybe I'll piggyback on your order and we can split the shipping. 

• Like 2
On 4/25/2019 at 6:16 AM, QZinBJ said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and is based in Beijing, China.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1
On 4/26/2019 at 1:42 AM, Kiha66 said:

Welcome to the forum QZ!  I've been waiting on the release of a DF11z for a while, glad to know its finally coming.  It looks beautiful, I cant wait to get my hands on one.

3 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Guys! Will see if I can take some more detail pics this week to share.

• Like 3

Problem solved, I can post more photo now. Here is the instruction.

2019-04-28_222617.jpg

2019-04-28_222623.jpg

Edited by QZinBJ
I have fixed the problem so need to re-edit post to make it relevant to the topic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kunter CHR380AL

I hope it'll be possible to buy Chinese models through much less annoying ways until this one is out...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
gavino200
17 hours ago, Suica said:

Kunter CHR380AL

I hope it'll be possible to buy Chinese models through much less annoying ways until this one is out...

Is that the final appearance of the train? Silver? Or is this an "in production" picture?

Yavianice
On 5/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, Suica said:

Kunter CHR380AL

It is presented at the Shizuoka model train show in the Popondetta booth, to be released this summer. Maybe it will be as easy as purchasing it in any Popondetta store? I wonder if they are going to make the whole train, because it seems only the 3 part train is presented. Maybe Kunter is testing the waters first and see if anyone might be interested.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
gavino200
7 hours ago, Yavianice said:

It is presented at the Shizuoka model train show in the Popondetta booth, to be released this summer. Maybe it will be as easy as purchasing it in any Popondetta store? I wonder if they are going to make the whole train, because it seems only the 3 part train is presented. Maybe Kunter is testing the waters first and see if anyone might be interested.

Popondetta?

Yavianice
Just now, gavino200 said:

Popondetta?

Yes, Popondetta. I find it curious myself, too.

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to a Chinese HST model for a while. I seen that Nariichi is taking pre-orders for the Kunther CRH. 

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/pre-order-kunter-10-301-crh380al-3-car-basic-set

I'm a bit puzzled though.

1. This all silver paint job doesn't seem to match any prototype I can find. Is it a work-in-progress photo? Will the final model be silver nose/white sides?

2. The price for a 3 car starter set seems a bit steep. Especially for a first-of-a-kind for a relatively unproven company. Anyone else surprised by the price?

• Like 1

Chinese models seem to vary widely in price.  Kunther has made some very nice coaches in the past that are also pricey, so I guess its just following on with what they know.  The trucks seem to be copying tomix design, which is an interesting choice.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I've been looking forward to a Chinese HST model for a while. I seen that Nariichi is taking pre-orders for the Kunther CRH. 

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/pre-order-kunter-10-301-crh380al-3-car-basic-set

I'm a bit puzzled though.

1. This all silver paint job doesn't seem to match any prototype I can find. Is it a work-in-progress photo? Will the final model be silver nose/white sides?

2. The price for a 3 car starter set seems a bit steep. Especially for a first-of-a-kind for a relatively unproven company. Anyone else surprised by the price?

1. Pretty sure those are prototype pictures. These are the exact same pictures teased on twitter way before the official announcement in Japan.

2. Since they are the only (?) company so far that has ever done N scale CRH bullet train trains, I'm pretty sure they are first testing the waters to see how many people actually want the thing. That would explain the expansion sets coming a year later than the base set. Probably if not too many people purchase the base set, they will "forget" about doing the expansion sets. In that sense I kind of see it as a bit of Kickstarter type thing.

Also, nice to see Nariichi taking orders for it after me asking him to specifically look at these Kunter-CRH trains when he was at the fair some time ago. Though I don't like the potential prospect of owning a 3 car set and then "hoping" they will produce the expansion sets next year. Besides me having spent way too much money on model trains already so far this year. I'll give it a miss this time although I am very interested what the eventual product will look like / perform.

• Thanks 1

But some limitations perhaps. Popondetta lights?

[specification]
-Minimum curve radius R 315 mm or more
-In the case of a S-shaped curved rail, derailment may occur.
-Room light can be attached (Popon detta C type)

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10619114

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

My DF11z was supposed to come today but got delayed till tomorrow, but tomorrow I have a 5am flight and then I'll be away for the next two weeks.  I suppose its something to look forward to when I get back, but I was hoping to get a look before I left.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Kunter HST has a painted preproduction model now.  Still a few changes comming but it looks good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like that it is compatible with the popondetta KATO interior lighting. I wonder if with a bit of modification the normal KATO interior lighting also fits (since it's thicker)

serotta1972

The Minitown and Kunter N scale locos that I’ve seen are really nice, with separately applied details and run well too. 

It was interesting to see that both Minitown and Kunter have booths at this year's JAM exhibition, first time I recall seeing those.

• Like 2