People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

gavino200

On 7/1/2019 at 3:11 PM, Kiha66 said:

The Kunter HST has a painted preproduction model now.  Still a few changes comming but it looks good!

I just pre-ordered it from Serotta's Hong Kong supplier. I'm betting that these will sell like cake in China. I think the add on set will follow.

• Like 1

As announced the two addon sets will follow next year. 

Also the Hong Kong supplier is much cheaper than buying it through Japan. Guess I know where to order the expansion sets now.

• Like 3

Kunter 10-017 and 10-18 YW25K Passenger Car Set - they are exactly the same except for the color.  Great looking cars, crisp paint and legible markings.  Nice car end detail with diaphragms and closed doors.  It has nice roof detail, has full interior and which lights can be fitted.  There's no underbody detailing though there's a small bag full of little bits and bobs which can be added on to the underbody as there are some holes.  The other bits in the bag are Shibata coupler assemblies but don't know how it would be installed.  The manual is but one page and is all Chinese with some drawings.  The trucks are very similar to Tomix as they have adopted the power pickup assembly.  It has body mounted Rapido coupler and has a Kine-matic mechanism.  The coupler assembly is mounted to the chassis again similar to Tomix TN couplers that snaps on.  It runs smoothly and free rolling.  I'm quite impress by them.  A little pricey compared to what we are used to with Kato and Tomix for a 6 car passenger set but less than comparable North American and European passenger cars.  

IMG_1460.thumb.jpg.bf3bb512202729139ceae3f7ae814d6d.jpgIMG_1465.thumb.jpg.b881f73a2c744d3d6b984b66af84a5e3.jpg

IMG_1461.thumb.jpg.f001285dbc830f2a2f3a01f45e53fb95.jpgIMG_1462.thumb.jpg.d9cf6710368bd50177d334c5e9efe0ae.jpg

• Like 2

Additional pics of the truck and coupler assembly, underbody, those little parts bits and 1 page instruction sheet.

IMG_1463.thumb.jpg.b19af56ea17d24d1684faa6e91784da0.jpgIMG_1464.thumb.jpg.f5dc440c16834694b64dde4d9e9bc2b5.jpgIMG_1466.thumb.jpg.5fd45e104149488d228c97530c34220e.jpgIMG_1468.thumb.jpg.e9fc54ac213223c8201c3e9f2e60cf6a.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Additional pics of the truck and coupler assembly, underbody, those little parts bits and 1 page instruction sheet.

IMG_1468.thumb.jpg.e9fc54ac213223c8201c3e9f2e60cf6a.jpg

Thanks for the review Serotta. If you need part or all of the manual translated, I have a friend who could help.

I have the boxcars, flatcars and gondolas.  They're amazing models and I very much recommend them.  I'm still missing a DF11, I'm hoping to get one sooner or later to correct that omission. 

I've just had so much difficulty buying the things! EZTRANSCOM seem to have the most random web shop I've ever seen. Wrong photos, things listed as in stock when they're out of stock, maybe wrong descriptions or model numbers, weird drop down menus to select options (sometimes).... it's quite off-putting. But I really like the look of a coal train consisting of 4 gloss black, 4 faded black, and 8 rusty black cars. And yes, the DF11 would be perfect to pull such a train.

But before I can do that, I need four passenger coaches to go with my existing DF11Z's, and eztranscom doesn't seem to want to get them in stock for me.

ALSO, the recommended retail price of 8 gondolas is RMB 688, which is about $96. But eztranscom is charging $125. Hmm

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

Ouch!  Yeah eztranscom hasnt been my favorite shop to buy from, but they sometimes have things in stock that mainland chinese shops dont.  Are you looking to get some of the YZ22 coaches?

Just now, Kiha66 said:

Ouch!  Yeah eztranscom hasnt been my favorite shop to buy from, but they sometimes have things in stock that mainland chinese shops dont.  Are you looking to get some of the YZ22 coaches?

Yes, I think a set of 4 would suit my needs perfectly

Ouch, I didnt realize he was sold out, I was looking at his site earlier and planning to buy more for myself.  Thats a bummer.

I have emailed Hobby Search support to ask if they will be able to sell Minitown trains. I hope they do decide to. 

Im not suggesting that anyone else should spam them with requests. But I do hope there’s enough interest in Chinese trains for HS to start selling them. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sheffie said:

I have emailed Hobby Search support to ask if they will be able to sell Minitown trains. I hope they do decide to. 

Im not suggesting that anyone else should spam them with requests. But I do hope there’s enough interest in Chinese trains for HS to start selling them. 

Did you check with nariichi San? He’s been doing odder stuff at times. Japanese shops don’t like to order from China as much apparently as when Eishindo moved to China from japan, Hs and other shops dropped them. I think t gauge still needs to be imported into japan from England.

The upcomming DF11G model is looking good, it'll go nicely with the modern chinese passenger coaches from kunter.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Nariichi San .... is that the guy who runs modeltrainplus?

Yep. Very nice chap and looks for niches.

jeff

I guess I phrased my questions badly. Both HS and MTP replied to my enquiries with variations of “we don’t have that”. 

Question for those who have bought these trains. What did you do for couplers? Were you able to replace the proprietary couplers, and if so, what did you use?

I can ask Nariichi San. It may be a difficult thing to try to import and markups ending up more than buying directly from China.

jeff

Nariichi San answered and it looks like there maybe some import channels opening. He now has a preorder up for the CRH380AL 3 car set out early next year.

jeff

• Like 1

Thanks, Jeff. It seems that the CRH380AL is appearing on various Japanese hobby sites now. I’m sure Kunter is very happy about this. I just hope that it acts as a wedge and provides access to the Minitown products too. 

Sigh. 

After getting used to the japanese model train buying philosophy—if you want it, and it’s available, you need to buy it NOW!!11–it’s quite difficult to be patient with these Chinese models. 

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Nariichi San answered and it looks like there maybe some import channels opening. He now has a preorder up for the CRH380AL 3 car set out early next year.

I don't see it on his website. I only see the basic set that was just released. Do you have a link to the expansion set?