Jump to content
gavino200

German Intercity (IC) trains models.

Recommended Posts

chadbag

Does that have the old DB logo or the new one?  Hard to tell in the image for me.    I have the Fleischmann BR120 in Orientrot with old logo and it could be bought pretty cheaply as it was part of a starter set.  DM-Toys no longer has it listed, which is where I got mine, but you might be able to find one broken out from the set for sale.

 

I also got lucky and got a Fleischmann BR120 in Traffic Red and new logo for a cheap price on eBay.  But I have not seen it since for a good price.

 

Good luck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Yavianice
5 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Does that have the old DB logo or the new one?  Hard to tell in the image for me.   

 

Old logo.

 

I have the one with the new logo. I got mine as part of the Minitrix 11636 TALGO set with the Baden Württemberg ads. The one without ads is Minitrix 11416. I personally don't like the old logo on anything but TEE/Rheingold colors so all my collections (Interregio, Intercity orient red, traffic red, stripe) are all with new logo, so are the loco's.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Suica

I think epoch V is a super fun theme as you can go quite crazy with colours.

There are four IC colour schemes present during this era.

 

1974 - 1986 Purpurrot/Elfenbein (used until ca. 1995)

1986 - 1996 Orientrot (used until ca. 2004)

1996 - 2000 Verkehrsrot (used until ca. 2005)

2000 - ????  ICE colour

 

Occasionally you also got one or two D-Zug (Ozeanblau/Elfenbein) or IR (Fernblau) coaches, and until 1993 even East-German DR coaches, mixed into a consist as well.

Here are some nice examples:

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/1096283/einen-bunten-ic-hat-103109-am.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-101/1128189/101057-faehrt-hier-am-2342001-um.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/2775/br-103-unplanmaessiger-stopp-kurz-nach.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/5918/db-br-103-148-3-am-020103.html

Sorry for the BR 103 bias.😘 

I especially love the time around 2000 - 2004 when you could occasionally see three IC colour schemes in a single train.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There are three locos for 200 km/h trains you wanna look out for:

 

BR 120.1 - Orientrot & Verkehrsrot + certain ad-wraps (from 1990)

BR 103 - any colour (from 1990 until 2005) No push-pull operation!

BR 101 - Orientrot & Verkehrsrot + certain ad-wraps (from 1996)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Another thing you want to pay attention to are the logos on coaches and locos.

 

until Dec. 31st 1993: Bundesbahn logo (West) & Deutsche Reichsbahn logo (East)

from Jan. 1st 1994: DB AG logo

 

There was a period after Jan. 1994 when all three logos could be seen but this period was fairly brief as applying some logo stickers was probably not such a hard task back then.

Edited by Suica
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
4 hours ago, chadbag said:

Btw.  This is the start set that has that Orientrot / old logo DB BR 120 in it:

 

https://www.eurotrainhobby.com/fleischmann-analogue-starter-set-interc/p15068c217

 

This site has a slightly better picture. And some German for you to practice on. You can just make out the serif type face in the logo.

 

http://mobadaten.org/wiki/FLM_7351_(6)_DB_IV_BR_120.1_Elektrolokomotive

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

 

I have the one with the new logo.

 

Interesting. Is yours Orientrot with new logo? They really were switching things up like crazy there for a while. I generally like san serif typeface better myself. But I love to see the gradual transition, through the Eras. It's like watching a train evolve. First color change/logo same then slight color change/ new logo.  I think I'll hunt down a BR120 in Orientrot with new old logo.

Edited by gavino200

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
1 hour ago, Suica said:

 

1996 - 2000 Verkehrsrot (used until ca. 2005)

2000 - ????  ICE colour

 

You mean the ICE colors on IC locos? I was in Germany last year and I saw few if any of those. Most IC locos were Verkehrsrot.

 

1 hour ago, Suica said:

 

Occasionally you also got one or two D-Zug (Ozeanblau/Elfenbein) or IR (Fernblau) coaches, and until 1993 even East-German DR coaches, mixed into a consist as well.

Here are some nice examples:

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/1096283/einen-bunten-ic-hat-103109-am.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-101/1128189/101057-faehrt-hier-am-2342001-um.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/2775/br-103-unplanmaessiger-stopp-kurz-nach.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~e-loks~br-103/5918/db-br-103-148-3-am-020103.html

Sorry for the BR 103 bias.😘 

I especially love the time around 2000 - 2004 when you could occasionally see three IC colour schemes in a single train.

 

I LOVE these ragamuffin trains. I'll be sure to run a few of them. I'll probably pick up a few IR coaches for just this purpose!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Suica
1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

 

You mean the ICE colors on IC locos? I was in Germany last year and I saw few if any of those. Most IC locos were Verkehrsrot.

Oh no, those colours mentioned above are for coaches. Those ICE colour locos are BR 146 used for IC2 trains.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Misha_K
5 hours ago, Suica said:

Oh no, those colours mentioned above are for coaches. Those ICE colour locos are BR 146 used for IC2 trains.

And the new Br 147 (Bombardier Traxx P160 AC3).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Yavianice
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

 

Interesting. Is yours Orientrot with new logo?

Yes. If you look up the minitrix loco I mentioned you will see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200

So I've ordered most of the Era V IC train. Including a new BR120, and second hand Steuer wagon, two 1st class coaches (one compartment, one open plan), a restaurant car with pantograph, and three 2nd coaches (2 open plan and one compartment). I just need one more 2nd class compartment coach and  a decoder. 

 

Unfortunately, I had to buy a second restaurant car as I could only find a well priced steuerwagon as part of a set of 4 cars. I'll have to sell the extra one.

 

I'm now feeling an urge to get an Era V interregio train with an Orientrot BR 103. But I think I'll put that off for a while. Before that I'll probably have to get a new purpurrot/elfenbeim BR 103 to pull my Era IV IC train. The one I have now is old and a bit too slow for my liking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200

I'm finding this database to be very helpful for making sense of  various German old and new releases. I couldn't help ordering an Orientrot BR 103 from the most recent Fleischmann release for a future Era V IR train. It'll sit without wagons for a while though. 

 

https://www.spur-n-datenbank.de/

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200

I need help with calculating the postage costs for a single n scale passenger wagon from Europe to the US.

 

I was able to find my final epoch V IC car in an Austrian classified ad. Unfortunately, the seller isn't super enthusiastic about selling to the US as she doesn't know how to calculate postage costs from Austria to the US. Anyone know how I could calculate that?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×