Tenshodo 500 series Nozomi/Kato E5 series Hayabusa HO scale

Need for High Speed

Nice! Did you use one decoder for both motors or one per motor? 

Edited by Densha
Staff Comment: Removed Unnecessary Quote
Need for High Speed
19 hours ago, James Davies said:

Nice! Did you use one decoder for both motors or one per motor? 

I soldered both motors to one decoder I used a TCS T1 decoder but I had to build wire extensions from the studs at the end of the motors and no insulation required because the power trucks are already insulated their are also copper strips running along the  sides I used as the feeders. I also cut holes in the frame to feed the wires from the motors through. so you need two three way solder and wrap it in electrical tape also Keep in mind both motors face away from each other so if you don't wire them correctly they will spin in opposite directions and your train will not be moving any ware. I will take a picture of what I did tonight, when I get a chance.

here we go I don't like having to open it up too much, the more I do it the higher the likely hood I will brake the snaps. but I took a bunch of photos but this silly website wont let me upload more then 1 or 2 and shrinking the file size is annoying.

20181026_161702.jpg

20181026_161734.jpg

20181026_161828.jpg

20181026_161933.jpg

Edited by Need for High Speed
  • Like 1
  • Need for High Speed changed the title to Tenshodo 500 series Nozomi/Kato E5 series Hayabusa HO scale

Great thanks. I have two spare Lenz silvers so I’ll be giving this a go this weekend. 

Edited by Densha
Staff Comment: Removed Unnecessary Quote
Need for High Speed

Its finally here! The JR 500 series and I love it!  I will say, now that I can see it with the naked eye, it's so big and it looks sort of cheapish well the paint does it just does not have that same glossy metal sheen to it like the Hayabusa does but on the other hand its was made in 2001 so... anyways I am going to open it up soon to install DCC.  The motor car is very heavy but its really fast I also really like the head lights and the tail lights are cool to. it seems to be more stable than the Hayabusa on sharp curves. but That could just be the track or maybe with the rounder fuselage its better balanced. IDK, that's just a guess I have not run it enough yet to judge fully on that theory.

I'll post better pictures tomorrow when I have more time.,

20181028_184410.jpg

20181028_192124.jpg

20181028_195125.jpg

20181028_201513.jpg

20181028_211305.jpg

20181028_200327.jpg

• Like 3
Need for High Speed
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, James Davies said:

Sadly this is the closest thing Singapore will get to a high speed train for a while! 

3D1EFCD9-D9C1-401E-AB12-DCD7F2F09DEE.jpeg

Nice view you got their, I hope your Hayabusa is enjoying it to. LOL unless its afraid of heights I'll check with mine to see if they are or not.

7 hours ago, James Davies said:

As promised here’s the videos of the JR500 and the E5 running. 

(I’ve also now fixed the disco lighting in car 10!) 

Wow amazing! That's really nice! Nice place you got too by the way! My place would never have the space luxury for HO scale... 

I do hope the Hayabusa and 500 series are not on the balcony for long... cause they don't really like rain nor shine ~  😛

• Like 1
Need for High Speed
9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I do hope the Hayabusa and 500 series are not on the balcony for long... cause they don't really like rain nor shine

Well I think he has a very cool view and I am guessing his trains enjoy the view to. lol

but I assume he only keeps them their for a little bit to take the picture I don't really know.

I remember setting up one of my train sets out side on the patio once maybe like 3 years ago.

9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow amazing! That's really nice! Nice place you got too by the way! My place would never have the space luxury for HO scale... 

What kind of apartment you live in?   My room is small and has a ton of crap in it and I can still fit a small double loop in their about the same size as the loop in James' video maybe slightly wider turns but for the most part...  a small room is different for every person. He has an apartment in Singapore and a house in Britain sounds like he does a lot of traveling around the world because he has ridden on like every single high speed train I own.

Need for High Speed

E5 and 500 fresh off the plane. papers please.(lol) Don't worry they got through NMRA screening, they also got new passports (lol) and their order forums had to be checked to. LOL My Acela is really jealous of them because later it had its doors blown off in a race. (lol) and like Cteno4 says they will race all other trains for pink slips. Except for the Renfe who gave them a harder time and barely beat the 500 series although the E5 out paced it by a long shot before flying off a curve(oops).

(not sure what you meant by pink slips Cteno4? I don't know what you were referring to.)

20181102_173816.jpg

20181102_173249.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Need for High Speed

The jokes just keep going. go ahead and laugh, yeah, I'm a funny guy. lol

Getting used to a new way of life is a little difficult. They think of my Acela as an un cultured slop and the E5 can't decide between the hotdog or the noodles. But they get along with their American friends quite well because all my trains know very well if they get into any squabbles I will be upset. Although that doesn't stop them from revolting against me. LOL OK enough of the jokes.

20181102_172302.jpg

20181102_175505.jpg

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Need for High Speed said:

Except for the Renfe who gave them a harder time and barely beat the 500 series although the E5 out paced it by a long shot before flying off a curve(oops).

Get out the safety blankets!

59 minutes ago, Need for High Speed said:

(not sure what you meant by pink slips Cteno4? I don't know what you were referring to.)

In the 50s and 60s kids would drag race their hot rods doe pink slips. The vehicle owner certificate for most states was a small slip of pink paper, hence pink slips. Winner of the race wins the competitor’s car. That’s serious racing!

jeff

Need for High Speed
36 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

In the 50s and 60s kids would drag race their hot rods doe pink slips. The vehicle owner certificate for most states was a small slip of pink paper, hence pink slips. Winner of the race wins the competitor’s car. That’s serious racing!

Now your giving me an idea I cut up some pink paper and wright "loser" on it and who ever my E5 beats in a race I will give them it. so I race to give them away. hmm...

I also nicknamed my Hayabusa  Okina Hana San which translates to Mr. Bignose. lol