Moving Hamaderakoen Station

bill937ca

Interesting, I'm glad they are saving the old station.  I was disappointed when JR Kyushu decided to tear down Haiki Station.

I've actually been like 100 meters away from this station building last year at the terminal of the Hankai Tramway. Didn't know there was a such an old station building to be seen there. I like how Nankai still has quite some really old station buildings and canopies left.

Is it for a new station? Or just making space for turning platforms 3 + 4 into a island platform like platforms 1 + 2?

Edited by katoftw

Video by DR YELLOW video by chronzoom.

It is the last day of the construction of the tower house of the Nankai Electric Railway Hamaji Park Old station building carried out on 18th December. Movement to the foundation of the relocation destination was completed in this construction work. This former station building was built in 1907 by a building designed by the office of Katsuro Tatsuno who worked at Tokyo station building. In 1998 it was designated as a registered tangible cultural asset of the country. Hamadera Koen Station is scheduled to be elevated in 2028 and was concerned that it will be dismantled along with it, but the old station building with the history of 110 years is newly used for the entrance part of the elevated station It was decided. We planned to move about 30 meters to the newly created basic part in the construction of the tower house, the first time on November 28th and the second time on December 1st. Because we are carefully moving slowly in the tower house, some of the images are high speed. ▶ ︎ 0:00 Takehouse preparation / 2:34 Take house panoramic view ① / 4:21 Take house ① / 5:40 Take house panorama ② / 6:30 From Take house side / 7:35 Take house ② / 8:18 Last 100 mm / 10:30 Former station building after the tower work

As the station once appeared with train traffic.

• Like 1