Yokkaichi

yakumo381

A few pictures from a day I had recently in Yokkaichi photographing the DD51 in action - a now rare breed facing extinction. Was also incredibly wet which made telephoto shots interesting as difficult to stop the camera autofocusing on the sheets of rain coming down.

Y5.jpg

Y6.jpg

Y1.JPG

Y2.JPG

Y3.JPG

Y4.jpg

Edited by yakumo381
  • Like 12

Depends where you are coming from but both are in Nagoya port area. Yokkaichi is close but two stations back towards Nagoya is Tomida which is possibly the closest JR station.

Yokkaichi was famous for its asthma (interestingly, the shiny new city museum, when I visited in 2002 or 2004, totally omitted to mention this apart from a vague reference to environmental problems).

• Like 1

I rememeber now, We swapped trains at Yokkaichi on to the Yunoyama Line to take a romantic break away from the children at Yunoyama Onsen,

I tried to get a picture of the Sakura station platform sign with my wife in it, But the perspective (or my camera len) didn't allow it whist still in the train through the open doors :D

Then changed at Yokkaichi again to see my friend who lives in Matsusaka.

DSC05454.thumb.JPG.13f2146f865505ac1b7784addcb804a0.JPG

DSC05456.thumb.JPG.f2ee4e410a9eb18289454b7dc0ca6fa6.JPG

Edited by Drunkenclam
grammer correction
On 29/11/2017 at 1:22 PM, marknewton said:

Great photos - hope you didn't get too wet! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

I managed to keep reasonably dry but I was surprised how poorly the track was draining - may be in need of some remedial maintenance...

wet.JPG

• Like 7

I really enjoy these rainy day shots, too many photographers only take pictures when the sun is shining.    I like the close up of the rain on the hood and the freight car wheel, it really sets the mood.  I wish it was possible to model such conditions. Thanks for sharing! 

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

I really enjoy these rainy day shots, too many photographers only take pictures when the sun is shining.    I like the close up of the rain on the hood and the freight car wheel, it really sets the mood.  I wish it was possible to model such conditions. Thanks for sharing! 

I wish that too. Best I can think of is to model things as if it was raining, stopped half an hour ago, stuff has mostly dried up but there are still plenty of puddles about?

1 minute ago, Pashina12 said:

I wish that too. Best I can think of is to model things as if it was raining, stopped half an hour ago, stuff has mostly dried up but there are still plenty of puddles about?

Yeah, I was thinking trying to do some tests to come up with a method.  Perhaps if the colors can match the wet state, then spraying everything with a gloss coat to give the shine.  

• Like 1

Future floor shine can get you the glossy look. Basically anthin clesr glossy acrylic used by car modelers to give that shiny waxed look.

jeff

• Like 2