Live video stream of Tokyo

utrainia

Another live stream has popped up on YouTube, I think this is one of my favourites (though I'll always have a soft spot for the Hakata Station Now stream). It has:

• Yurikamome "monorail" (actually an AGT – automated guideway transit)
  • Tokaido Shinkansen
  • Yamanote Line
  • Keihin Tohoku Line
  • Tokaido Line
  • Ueno Tokyo Line
  • Sky scrapers
  • Good sound!
  • Super crisp picture
  • 4 hour rewinding
  • Lots of traffic

Only took me a few minutes of watching before I caught a Shinkansen, monorail, and regular commuter train all on screen at the same time. Snap just happened again.

PS: Is it time we created a sticky thread with links to all the JR live cams?

Edited by utrainia
  • Like 6

Great find! The only thing i would like to add is that the Yurikamome is not a monorail. It's an AGT, an automated guidway transit. A rail-less rubber tyred system where the cars have conventional rubber pneumatic road wheels and are steered by the U shaped concrete guideway channel. It's a kind of 3rd rail powered electric bus. The actual Tokyo monorail is barely visible at the far end of the picture, just behind the covered pedestrian crossing over the tracks.

Edited by kvp

Tuned in at 3am Japan time today and the place was crawling with workers. The AGT line had a strange maintenance machine working in one spot, and people all up and down the line with torches checking things out, while the Shinkansen line had lots of people with torches inspecting stuff. I've seen this talked about on Japan Railway Journal, but never witnessed it "in person" before.

agt.png.bdb6bb8294060852dd17204b5f5dfa1e.png

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2017-11-21-10-56-18-522.thumb.png.ad2da7818d4f8e2392232d590bc8724d.png

Always go in Tokyo!

• Like 1