Lighted Shinkansen causing short?

trainhoarder

Hello

I have bought a lighted 100 series Shinkansen from buyee. However, it has been causing me problems. One of the double deck cars (2817) appears to be shorting the train out and it will not move whilst the car is on the track. Once it is removed, the train works as it should do. Any ideas?

Furthermore, has anyone got spares of those little "fins" on the roof of the driving car? One of mine has lost it's, and it really annoys me.

If you have a multimeter, you can set it to short finding (the beeping mode with the diode) and check if there is a short between the opposing wheels. If there is one, then you might want to disassemble the car and check without the lighting circuit. If that's ok, then the light circuit is bad, if the short is still there, then there is a short in the pickups of the car somewhere or in one of the wheelsets. If the circuit is bad, you can either replace it or look for the problem in the circuit.

I have fixed it now...the springs that connect the light boards to the metal chassis plate had got tangled. The coach, btw, was surprisingly easy to disassemble compared to some other N-scale stuff I've seen. On one of the other coaches however I've had to hold the light board in place with blu- tack as the constant flicker was annoying me...