Sources for Hong Kong bus models?

velotrain

The videos of Hong Kong tram models usually include moving bus models also.  I don't need them to be operating, but would like some models of Hong Kong busses, preferably double decker.

At least one of the videos said they came from the 80M Bus Model Shop in HK.  However, I can only find models in 1:76 and larger scales there currently, so wondered if anyone knows of sources for N-scale models.

From 80M Bus eshop.  KMB brand, among all the 1/76 double deck buses there are 3 1/150 Hong Kong double deckers.  # RSM-15005  RSM-15006 and RSM-15007  Cannot link directly.     No search function.   http://www.80mbusmodel.com/eshop/default.aspx

KMB turns out to be Kowloon Motor Bus. which I think is a Hong Kong fleet operator.

There is a list of KMB plastic buses here:  http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/Plastic/KMB.htm   They date back to 2007-2009.

• Like 1

Thanks for spotting these Bill - not sure how you managed it. 

Since the 1/150 trams were at the top of their list, I figured that would also be true for the busses.  As you say, no search and a poorly organized site.  Say, at least a decade in the past design-wise ;-)

I notice that other N-scale busses have been available in the past, so it seems to be similar to N-scale trains, in that you often need to scoop them up when first announced.

I'm bothered that they don't reduce the shipping cost when you order multiple items, but then they appear to have a monopoly on the market.

I also noticed something disturbing when I looked at my order history.  There were five alleged orders from September that I didn't actually make.  One showed EMS shipping and it hasn't shown up yet, so I'm hopefully taking that as an indication that these aren't real orders, although I'm not happy that they're showing up there.  I have sent an email to Maggie, the manager, who seems to be truthful - if less than sympathetic.

Kinkeestore appears to be one of those places that thinks offering free shipping allows them to charge ridiculously high prices.  I notice they also do that with some Tomytec items.

• Thanks 1