Crockett NTrak Meet-up

serotta1972

JR 500系
36 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

This is the Caltrain local commuter train from San Francisco to San Jose. These are Athearn Bombardier Bi-Level cars and of course this is a cab car as it operates as a push pull unit.  There's a diesel locomotive at the other end and Kato actually sells them - MP36 Kobo Custom Caltrain.  Sammy, getting bored with Japanese trains - want to branch out to North American trains.  Don't, not as great as what we have with our JP trains and cost 2-3x as much.  A 3 car set of these Bombardier cars is $120 with a discount, it could be as much as $140 and these are just passenger cars. 

Haha thanks for the advise serotta1972, but i'm not branching into outside Japan trains... already have my hands overloaded with Japanese trains... 

Hello San Francisco Bay Area JNS Forum Members,

After visiting Crockett last week, I stopped by the Crockett Museum next to the NTrak Club and was informed that Bob still comes around once in a while.  I contacted him and set up a date to meet with him at the club and run some trains.  If you're nearby, come on through and lets run some trains.  It's been over 5 years since we last went there.  Sam @Kiha66 was still going to school in Vallejo.  Note - don't bring coreless motor equipped models, I toasted one and luckily Greenmax sells the motor chassis.  You can run either DC or DCC.  

Date: September 9, 2023

Time: 10 am - 12 pm

900 Loring Ave., Crockett CA

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 1