Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
serotta1972

Crockett NTrak Meet-up

Yes, very enjoyable !  Glad I could make it to this one.  Thanks Junior for posting some good photos.  Everything I took came out blurry with the trains moving.   The best of my lot was this one of my new Kato E233 in Nambu line colors.  This was the first time I have run it on a large layout since purchasing it on my last day in Tokyo last spring.   Having not visited this layout for over 23 years, I did not realize that it was now all DCC.  We were running almost everything with one throttle on address 00.

large.BanTrak28Jan18b.jpg.fa07a151dc79bf6abb60fb2cb73de994.jpg

We were also able to view some 1:1 trains from the window of the layout room.  From left to right Paul, Junior, and our host, Bob.   This was an east bound UP freight with 6 locomotives on the front a nice variety of car types including many different type of roll steel cars.

large.BanTrak28Jan18a.jpg.9c1b0384aedfe5b36071426da7d9969f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a nice and long freight train with a variety of cars and not your typical boring container train.  All it was missing was a caboose. :) Love that window as we get to watch the 1:1 trains, both passenger and freight go by every 20 minutes or so.  

Missed this this weekend! Wouldn't have made it anyways with conflict but good to know you guys had a good time!

Hopefully you can make it out next time, we’re going to plan a meet up once a month.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 5:11 AM, serotta1972 said:

Getting ready to run some trains tomorrow.  Here's what I'm bringing in my new fancy spancy case.IMG_0945.thumb.jpg.5f57ecec2537851ab8cbcc7371d2530a.jpg

Kato Amtrak California Zephyr

Kato Kiha 85

Tomix Kiha 40

Lovin that case junior👍👍👍😀

They are great for shows as it’s a lot easier to move cars on and off the layout than from regular boxes that you need to set down to pull stuff out and juggle. One of our club members used his a lot this way and could holdmthe box in one arm while oading cars on/off with the other arm. Worked well.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

I was wondering, wouldnt the carriages hit one another, especially those on the same level, inside the case?

The lid has a foam insert with ridges that hold the cars in place when the lid is closed.

jeff

Monthly Meet up at the Crockett N-Trak club.  Bring trains to run or just come and hang out and watch trains on the layout and outside.  

Date: February 24, 2018

Time: 10 am - 12 pm

900 Loring Ave., Crockett CA

http://bayarean-trak.org/home_main.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1