Japanese ho akihabara layout

Zuihochan

Hi everyone. This is my HO layout, currently an end to end double track elevated line through the akihabara district in Tokyo. Just managed to finished the layout in time for this years Christchurch model train show in the South Island of New Zealand. All lights are powered, a small tv screen is located in one of the buildings (a small iPhone!) and a total of 900 people are located on the layout. The scenic part of the layout is only 2 metres long by 50cm with the staging yards measuring in total the same approximate area. During the show, trains like the kihas 110/40/400/52/35 were frequent runners with a shunting ef65 occasionally. The kato E5 hayabusa Shinkansen was the crowd favourite though, unfortunately the ten car set was shortened to three. Hopefully a full loop is implemented before next years show to allow continual running. Also thinking of adding an extra module with an industrial plant or depot which will double the length.

IMG_4739.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

That is really quite amazing! Thank you for sharing! Can feel the hassle and bustle of the famous Akihabara filled with people!

Something really interests me, that LED signboard! Very interesting indeed! And I have never seen a HO scale Hato bus before!

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That is really quite amazing! Thank you for sharing! Can feel the hassle and bustle of the famous Akihabara filled with people!

Something really interests me, that LED signboard! Very interesting indeed! And I have never seen a HO scale Hato bus before!

Thanks.

The LED signboard is a badge from a stationary shop in New Zealand called Typo which runs off a battery charge. You plug the LED badge in your computer and you can program personalized messages. The HO scale bus is produced by a company called Faithful Bus is you`re interested. They also do other types of buses in 1/80 scale.

WOW!!!! This is AMAZING!!!! As a huge anime and video game fan, Akihabara was one of my favorite places I visited in Japan. This is beyond amazing and you did an awesome job recreating it.

I can't wait to see more!!