Shinano Railway Coca Cola 115 Series crowd funding

Shinano Railway has set up a crowd funding project to bring back a 115 Series in Coca-Cola livery, from 30 years ago.

It will be the final part of Shinano Railway's "115 Series Moving Museum" project which was started earlier this year to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the company. 

Apart from their usual corporate colors and Nagano color, Shinano Railway already repainted trains into old Nagano color, Yokosuka color and Shonan color.

Edited by Suica
  • Like 1

I'd probably buy a model of that also.

I wonder if they have reached out to Coke Cola for funding also.  Or they only committed to to a small investment.  Hence the crowd funding attempt.

edit//  After clicking the links.  My questions were answered.

Edited by katoftw

Shinano Railway is probably my favourite third-sector railway. And projects like this just make me like them even more. 

What they're essentially doing is keeping JNR/JR history alive. Something they don't really have to do.

Edited by Suica

I'm actually surprised that Coca-Cola Japan didn't hear about this and just paid for the entire paint job themselves. Coca-Cola Japan is a HUGE operation there and they would be more than happy to pay for such a repaint.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Suica said:

Shinano Railway has set up a crowd funding project to bring back a 115 Series in Coca-Cola livery, from 30 years ago.

It will be the final part of Shinano Railway's "115 Series Moving Museum" project which was started earlier this year to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the company. 

Apart from their usual corporate colors and Nagano color, Shinano Railway already repainted trains into old Nagano color, Yokosuka color and Shonan color.

The Shonan and Old Nagano Color are slated to be release in December by Tomix.  More Tokai type trains for me, even though I already have 115's in these liveries but they aren't Shinano Railway. :)  I already have the older Coca Cola 115 by Tomix so probably won't get it if a new model comes out.