JR East E217 Series Question(s)

Philphil

Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on modeling a couple of the JR East lines south out of Tokyo, mainly the modern-day Yokosuka Line with its fleet of E217 series EMU's. 

-What other passenger equipment/freight equipment/lines could be plausible to model and run together with the E217's?

-What does freight service on the Yokosuka line consist of? Just container trains?

-Do the 10+5 car E217 sets in the Shonan livery ever appear or fill in for regular sets, or has this ever happened in the past?

I would say Narita Express sets and Shonan-Shinjuku line 231/233 sets. For the eastern section, Sobu line 209 and 211 series. You could add a 113 series too if you go back a few years. Not much freight, mostly on some of the parallel running tracks.

Hello Philphil!

- Together with E217 from Zushi the E231/233 Shonan-Shinjuku, from Ofuna you have to chek Ofuna's lines, it's many. The Yokosuka line run on the Tokaido mainline with long distance and the JR Freight line also. 

-Freigth train not just container they use tankers, tank containers, Hoki10000 with cement or coal or something, check this video, this station is Shin-Kawasaki the southern section at Yokosuka line, this is just a small station but it use many type and variable train sets:

And this video is passenger trains:

I am modelling this station and i have this E217 sets, with E231 shonan-shinjuku, and I want to the E185 Odoriko and E259.

-E217 Shonan livery do you thinking about this? :

E217.thumb.JPG.ab103e570902ea6ed0ee5588b53c6cdd.JPG

Best regards,

Coromant

• Like 2
On 10/8/2017 at 12:18 PM, katoftw said:

E231/233 Keihin-Sobu line trains also.  They normally run as far as Ofuna.

You mean E233 Keihin-Tohoku line (and possibly also Yokohama line) trains?

Hello everyone, thank you for your input!

-Coromant, thank you for the videos, they were helpful, and I am also thinking about the Shonan E217. So far I have one complete Shonan 15-car set on order, but I would like to find a second, just for the heck of it!

I am at the point where I have enough non-prototypical equipment where I may try to make a station that's only plausible so I'd be able to buy and run whatever it is I feel like. But I'm still deciding...