Running Tgauge slowly

cteno4

Just got some info that it looks like you can greatly improve slow speed running of tgauge (ie it usually gets jerky and stutters or stops at slower speeds) by using some conductive oil on the wheels. looks like they are going to offer this stuff soon. hope to get try some of this stuff soon and ill report. appears like it may be something like clipper oil, but i expect much more fine grade. when i get all the details ill post the results!

also looks like packaging will change on the tgauge train and track sets soon. expect they are going to make them a lot smaller to help with shipping costs, i think they are finding a larger international market than they expected!

cheers

jeff

Will be interesting to see if pwm will be ok with these little motors. does make them make that horrible fluttering noise!

apparently enoshima found that electrical contact was the real slow speed problem. going to get to play with their stuff friday so ill let you know how that works.

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Using conductive oil on the wheels has some major problems though.. The oil will inevitably cover the tracks, which means dust and dirt will collect on the tracks much faster. You can also forget about grades with oil on the tracks/wheels ;)

some of the conductive 'oils' are not slick once they have dried onto the metal track/wheels. this is always a hotly contested subject on the lists when it comes up as some have had great luck with the stuff with no slippage and others lots of problems. same goes with attracting smutz.

this has been Enoshima doing this research so i expect they have done lots of testing with grades and dirt problems as they seem to be quite keen on figuring things out in this new world of micro mini. ill get the full scoop friday from the distributor and may give it a whirl on one of my units to see how it does.

not sure if grade traction is too much a problem with the magnetic hold of the tgauge stuff as it can climb amazing grades already!

cheers

jeff