Timonium??

toc36

1 hour ago, miyakoji said:

Wow, time flies.  I was down there two years ago to meet you, Jeff, and Nariichi.

Oh, 2 years since then....

I miss everyone met at Timonium and the Cheese Steak at Philadelphia....

• Like 2

Sorry toc, we are skipping this one. Working on the new layout and sold the old layout to a member so no layout right now and we didn't have a good mass of members that could do the show with Ttrak. We hope to have the new layout for the feb show if all goes well getting folks to work on it thru the winter.

we will be at rockville lions club nov 11-12 with Ttrak and a big loop of double viaduct with a station over the end of the Ttrak.

hope we can see you again. Also if you want to join us for our monthly sushi lunch on the 8th, this month it will be dinner at zen sushi in Arlington, 7pm. We do dinner when the 8th falls on a weekend.

jeff

I dont know of anyone in the area that has any HO Japanese trains. There was one older heavy cast metal 0 series that was for sale there once, i think 4 cars, but thats all ive ever seen at Timonium. There are a few HO clubs there but never seen anything approaching exotic on them! A few NVA ntrak (northern va) and bantrak (baltimore) members have some Japanese N (and one chap in NVA ntrak has 3 Japanese themed modules http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/modulesofjapan.html)and run things. We use to have a couple of JRM members that were also members of those clubs, but unfortuantely thouse guys moved. There is a Z club in the area that has a small amount of Japanese Z at times, but they rarely do timonium i think, we usually cross path with hem at the rockville lions club near thanksgiving each year.

sorry no Japanese HO, its pretty rare here in the states.

cheers.

jeff

Need for High Speed

There was one older heavy cast metal 0 series that was for sale there once, i think 4 cars, but thats all ive ever seen at Timonium. There are a few HO clubs there but never seen anything approaching exotic on them!

Yes I agree, but I will get an HO Shinkansen at some point and I am planning on joining a club based in Philly so I can run my exotic European high speed trains along with the 1 or 2 Shinkansens I will eventually get at shows they attend, so keep an eye out over the next year or two. their might be a bunch of High speed trains on display. because I like to promote the dark side of Model railroading i.e. high speed modern passenger trains. although expect only to see one or 2 Japanese shinkansens if that they are expensive and no one around wants to spend the money.