Here's an interesting video by ya1964ma.  In the description, he speculates that this is either for JR East's simulators, or for a new Densha De GO game.  Most of the comments latch on to the latter possibility :).  ya1964ma states that this operated between Matsumoto and maybe Otsuki.

That's some serious looking camera equipment, capturing both the driver's and conductor's vantage points.  There are also microphones.

please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch please release it for the Switch thanks

• Like 3

Well, it is nice to have hope.

But if it was a filming session for Densha De Go / Railfan, wouldn't there also be staff filming at the stations and by the side of the tracks?

The most recent Densha De Go that I've played was from the late '90s I think, except for a few very short videos (probably better to say animations, like gifs), the games were entirely the driver's view.  But other footage could be filmed on another day if they need it.

As far as I know, DDG never used original camera footage but 3D rendered sceneries. 

Train Simulator and Railfan however did and they feature full cinematic cameras as well.