A week in Prague

I'll be in Prague next week, so i wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions. Stay duration is about 6 days. 

Generally, this is what i'm looking foward to do:

Trams to ride

-Tatra T3

-Tatra KT8D5 (any non-rebuipt units left?) 

-Tatra T6B5

Metro stock to ride

-Skoda 81-71M (Lines A & B) 

-Siemens M1 (Line C)

Other:

-Funicular

-Karosa Buses

Museums:

Prague Public Transport Museum

Edited by Socimi

I've been in Prague last month (by train) and if you are interested in trams, then you should know that there are at least 3 types of T3s in use, old closed sides, old visible bogies and rebuilt semi low floor ones. The latter type has a beautiful retro paint. There is also a nostalgic tram service using 2 axle motors and trailers. A set of this is used as a static cafe at Wenceslas square. You can find at least 3 more modern types of tatra trams and lots of new skodas.

A nice tram route is one that goes up the castle hill, so you don't have to walk up the stairs from the city side and the entry is level there across the moat. This route curves up around the hill, next to the vineyards.

Don't skip the famous trams going under the buildings at Charles bridge, the most popular tourist trap area in the city.

For the metro, some stations are being remodeled, so trains don't stop there.

It's easiest if you get a pass and grab a free route map when you arrive.

For non public transport you might consider one of the numerous boat rides, we took a larger ship as the small ones looked unstable filled with tourists. There are paddle boats too, just don't go near the falls.

• Like 1

As far as I know, Prague only tested the T6B5 prototypes way back in the 80s and that was it. You'd have to visit the former Soviet Republics to ride those.

All remaining KT8D5 have been modernised to KT8D5R.N2P standard.

Tatra T3 have been out of service since 2011. Only T3M, T3M2.DVC, T3SU, T3SUCS, T3R.P, T3R.PV and T3R.PLF remain. The 18 oldest ones received golden numbers.

Edited by Suica
  • Like 1