Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nah00

Kato and Tomix Train Sets for sale - UPDATE 9/12/17

nah00   
Posted (edited)

As you saw in my earlier thread, my local hobby shop recently purchased a large lot of Japanese trains. I offered to post them here to help sell them off and they agreed. The prices were not set by me but by the shop, however I have been granted a bit of discretion with them so if you are interested in something do not hesitate to PM me so we can discuss it. 

The name of the shop is Esther's Hobby Shop and likely the best way to contact them would be at their email address: info@esthers.com. The store hours are Tuesday through Friday 11am-5pm, Wednesday and Friday evening 7pm-9pm and Saturday 9am-3:30pm (all eastern standard time). The website for the shop is www.esthershobby.com.

All right, on to what everyone wants:

InventoryList.txt

Apologies for having to do it this way, unfortunately I can't get the formatting right for a spreadsheet here on the forum. I do ask that if you are interested in something please PM me so I can update the list and post that it's sold/reserved here.

Again, while I have some discretion with the prices I can't set them in stone. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me to ask about a price or specific set. If you want to see a specific set in detail I do have pictures of all of them to show. Just trying to help a LHS clear some stock out that nobody knew what to do with.

To give you an idea of the size of the collection I've attached some pictures.

post-3438-0-86743900-1502573184_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-38946000-1502573193_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-51388700-1502573202_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-28891100-1502573230_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-12037900-1502573239_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-86393800-1502573259_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-21199000-1502573270_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-58289300-1502573279_thumb.jpg

post-3438-0-76692100-1502573289_thumb.jpg

InventoryList.txt

Edited by nah00
Update post info
  • Like 3

Awesome! Thank you for the effort, and thanks for relaying the list! Asking prices are higher than I expected, however...

Thanks for compiling the list and for the generous open offer to all here, nah00! Much appreciated!

However, like Yavianice has mentioned, prices are a little on the high side... but nevertheless a good source for older, harder to find, out of production models like the E351 Super Azusa or the 253 series former N'EX!

katoftw   

I think the price is good for new unused old out of production stock.  It that is what you are chasing.

nah00   

If you do see something you like but are on the fence about the price feel free to make an offer. I can't say which way it will go since it isn't my stock but it can't hurt to ask.

Also about shipping, the shop does do international but as I'm sure everyone here knows shipping from the United States to anywhere is absurdly expensive.

kvp   

I noticed that many sets are missing some of the contents. Are these used or showroom demo sets?

nah00   

No, never been ran. They may have been on display in a shop and the decal/sheet and instructions were lost but some of them (like the on Kato Keiyo line set) have the instruction sheet still in plastic but no destination seals. Seeing as this was a standalone set and the other ones only have enough decals for the cars they include I can't speculate as to where they went.

cteno4   

nah,

good on you to do this for them! thats a hunk of my collection there, so sorry nothings is ringing my bells.

tell them no smokin in the hobby shop. Last time a hobby shop in the us had a pile of Japanese trains like this (from the monks that look to have bought out some of the mokei inventory on closing) had a disastrous fire and most of the trains went up in smoke... they had a similar challenge and a jns member help them get them priced and labeled up on their shop site and they sold well until the fire...

nice to see a pile like this up for sale, hope they do well with them and lots of folks happy. number of things that are scarce to find on ebay at decent prices.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

OOhhhhh there is a Kato 883 series Sonic in there though...  :love4:   But it's the older version rather than the all blue one...

• Like 1

nah00   
Posted (edited)

Tomix 92051, 92084, 92604, 92624, 92708, 92702, 92717 (both), 92719, 92714 and Kato 10-387, 10-491 sold, inventory list updated.

Tomix 92733 reserved.

Edited by nah00
status update
  • Thanks 1

ronin   

I wanted to add my reaction.  I received my package of trains yesterday (the first line in nah00's last post) and it was very well packed and the trains were in great looking shape.  I will setup some track this weekend to run them all, but I don't anticipate any issues.  nah00 was very helpful through the whole process and the shop owner was good to work with as well.

Thanks again for all the help!

Eric

• Like 1

nah00   

Tomix 92733, 92652 and Kato 10-316, 10-237 sold. 

nah00   

Kato 10-359, 10-340, 10-341 reserved

Kato 10-410 sold