Tōbu Departure Melodies

Kabutoni

What struck me as odd a few years ago when I visited the Tōbu Ryōmō lines, were the departure melodies at the terminal and transfer stations in that region. All are based on popular songs (children's melodies and the top 40 type) and all run until the train has left the platform, instead of the regular practice where the melody is stopped when the doors are actually closing. I think this can be very confusing for people who don't expect this to happen. It surely confused me!

• Like 8

The departure melody sure is different from the usual ones... and strange that it goes on and on even after doors are closed...  Indeed it will be confusing since most people start running into trains when hearing the departure melody, but this one will disappoint you with the view of the train departing as you run down the platform.....

That Mary had a little lamp is really cute! I can also recognize some older J-pop songs by SMAP, and the little red hair girl song...

It's interesting to see the wide variety of Tobu 8000s in 3 car formations... I don't think I've seen them being released by Tomytec? This reminds me to get more 4-car add-on sets just for the middle cars...