JR East Ōu Main Line, Shinjo to Akita in Winter (20 February 2017)

Sacto1985

YouTube member Y1226M filmed this four-part zenmen tenbou video of a trip on the Ōu Main Line from Shinjo to Akita on 20 February 2017 from a JR East 701 Series EMU:

Shinjo to Innai:

Innai to Yamagita:

Yamagita to Ōmagari:

Ōmagari:to Akita:

I'm actually a little surprised this train can still run even with a thick layer of snow on the ground.

• Like 4

I'm actually a little surprised this train can still run even with a thick layer of snow on the ground.

Doesn't look all that thick, you can even see where the rails are. I saw some much more impressive snow running videos recently where it wasn't even obvious where the line was going, I'll see if I can dig them out (hah).

Doesn't look all that thick, you can even see where the rails are. I saw some much more impressive snow running videos recently where it wasn't even obvious where the line was going, I'll see if I can dig them out (hah).

Actually pretty much like the first video from about 28:00 :D

Actually, I looked up Y1226M's YouTube uploads and the travel recorded on 20 February 2017 is much longer than what I originally posted. Here are the additional videos:

Tendo to Sakuranbo Higashine:

Sakuraanbo Higashine to Shinjo:

(NOTE: the above videos are taken from a 701-5500 Series EMU, since the train is running on the Yamagata Shinkansen line.)

Akita to Hachirogata:

• Like 1

Like this?

You don't even see the dips in the snow where the track is. It looks like it's just some snowy road.

• Like 1

For comparison: YouTube member OleOleSaggy posted about 18 months ago a zenmen tenbou video of a trip on this line from Akita to Yamagata in better weather conditions: