Fat-absorbing tea from Coca-Cola Japan

Sacto1985

Thanks to subscribing to the YouTube channel of SUSURU TV (a YouTuber that is eating essentially one bowl of ramen per day and posting it online!), I noticed that he's drinking a Coca-Cola Japan tea product called Karada Sukoyaka-Cha W

Here's a couple of recent CM for this product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YDYUr7ATaA

Has any JNS Forum member in Japan tried this product, which has been around for a couple of years?

bikkuri bahn

It tastes like any other tea (at least to me), but it's more expensive.  Available (along with other types and competitors) at any convenience store/supermarket.

http://j.cocacola.co.jp/qrt/032/karadasukoyakacha.htm

Karada Sukoyakacha Double

Karada Sukoyakacha Double is a blended tea special health food that, thanks to the work of plant-based dietary fiber and indigestible dextrin, both suppresses fat absorption and calms sugar absorption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextrin#Uses

Uses

Yellow dextrins are used as water-soluble glues in remoistable envelope adhesives and paper tubes, in the mining industry as additives in froth flotation, in the foundry industry as green strength additives in sand casting, as printing thickener for batik resist dyeing, and as binders in gouache paint and also in the leather industry.

White dextrins are used as:

a crispness enhancer for food processing, in food batters, coatings, and glazes, (INS number 1400).
a textile finishing and coating agent to increase weight and stiffness of textile fabrics.
a thickening and binding agent in pharmaceuticals and paper coatings.
As pyrotechnic binder and fuel, they are added to fireworks and sparklers, allowing them to solidify as pellets or "stars."
As a stabilizing agent for certain explosive metal azides, particularly Lead(II) azide.
Due to the rebranching, dextrins are less digestible; indigestible dextrin are developed as soluble stand alone fiber supplements and for adding to processed food products.

I've always been amased by Japans shady HEALTH DRINKS culture. You know, all the stuff across the register in conbini.

Drink this to avoid hangover.

Drink that to work for 24 hours straight and die younger.

I gotta admit though that Coca Cola Japan's Real Gold does quite a good job in waking me up and keep me going.

Edited by Suica

I've always been amased by Japans shady HEALTH DRINKS culture. You know, all the stuff across the register in conbini.

Drink this to avoid hangover.

Oh, you mean the "Morning Rescue" drink? I know that Suntory sells a very dark-colored black tea that they claim will "flush" out fats from your digestive system. I've seen vending machines for that Suntory tea out in front of places like Ramen Jiro in Tokyo.

lol

Sacto's post reminded me of tontantin, who has been putting 1 minute reviews of instant ramen on YT for about 11 years now. His videos are numbered, right now the latest is #6054. I don't have the will to count, I'll take his word for it :grin  Of all the Japanese knickknack stuff that's imported to the US, it's always surprised me that more varieties of instant ramen are not. Even this "semi-fresh" types are shelf stable for a while...

• Like 1

Of all the Japanese knickknack stuff that's imported to the US, it's always surprised me that more varieties of instant ramen are not. 

Due to regulation it's not so easy to import food for resale. EU regulations are even stricter, so many original japanese food products sold here which don't have a licensed EU distributor is imported as either private use only or through gray (chinese) channels. Obtaining EU certification is both lengthy and costy and requires lots of paperwork. Imho the same reason is what causes the for use only in Japan only labels on some model railway electronics.

By the way, the fat-reducing tea made by Suntory is called Suntory Kuro Oolong Tea. And this Suntory product has been around for eleven years.