Izukyu 2100 Royal Express Commissing

bill937ca

I believe this train only operates to Tokyo Station on weekends. During other times, services from Tokyo (Tokyo and Shinjuku Stations) are handled by JR East trains (Odoriko and Super Odoriko service).

bikkuri bahn

The Royal Express is a cruise train that will run as far as Yokohama. It will be able to reverse at Yokohama Station using a single crossover that allows such operations for trains going down (away from Tokyo) only. You can see that at the end of the video above.

Edited by bikkuri bahn

The Royal Express is a cruise train that will run as far as Yokohama. It will be able to reverse at Yokohama Station using a single crossover that allows such operations for trains going down (away from Tokyo) only. You can see that at the end of the video above.

Isn't the Izukyu 2100 series a resort train (aka. tourist limited express)? As far as i know, resort trains (unlike cruise trains) lack sleeping rooms and are usually resort shuttles, so they are luxury scenic view variants of airport expresses. I don't really understand why would they reverse at Yokohama instead of going to Tokyo station, but it might be a cheaper to use transfer point between tourist buses and airport shuttles. Btw. i really like the design of the train! ( http://www.izukyu.co.jp/ir/newsletter/290526.pdf )

bikkuri bahn

This particular train is a remodeled 2100 series, much more luxurious than a regular resort train including dining cars, and the packages offered are at cruise train prices (starting at 25000 yen for a ride with meal only), albeit with lodgings at hotels/inns at the destination.

https://www.the-royalexpress.jp/

As for terminating at Yokohama, I can't find a definite answer, but likely the pathings aren't there for a leisurely stop to load passengers at Tokyo Station platforms, with all the Ueno-Tokyo Line traffic, which will be increasing with even more Joban Line trains going all the way to Shinagawa with the autumn timetable revision.  Perhaps also the fact that Tokyo Station is far away from Tokyu Dentetsu territory may be a factor.

Edited by bikkuri bahn