Sign in to follow this  
serotta1972

R/C Cars

serotta1972

I've dusted off my R/C cars and was able to sell 2 of out 3 - a Tamiya Pajero and Mini Cooper.  What I have left is a Kyosho Ultima Type R buggy also from the late 90's.  I've been getting inquiries but no sale.  I was asked for a video to make sure it ran but at the moment it wasn't set up with the electronics.  This afternoon, I installed the electronics and gave it a quick run and decided to keep it.  I've actually been on the fence about keeping it but having to actually work on it and running it swayed me to keeping it. :)

post-2776-0-49174100-1498434236_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-89367600-1498434240_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-27904000-1498434244_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

cteno4

LOL! dangerous getting all the features together that end up selling yourself, let alone playing with it yourself!

enjoy, ok to keep one to have fun with!

jeff

• Like 1

Azumanga Davo

Wish I got around to keeping my cars.  TT01s and a cheap and cheerful Quakewave.

Oh well, guess the Scanias will do for now...

serotta1972

Yeah, the Tamiya's went really quick.  The guy who bought them is a Tamiya collector and likes to tinker with older Tamiya's.  Mines were in really good shape and he got a great deal for 2 cars.  He said he had a Mini Cooper but sold it and regretted it, so now he's got another one.  When my train buying slows down, I will be looking into RC Semis. 

tossedman

Noah and I play with toy trucks in the summer. We've got some crawlers and a couple of go fast 4X4 trucks. Lots of fun. There's an RC park 10 minutes away with tracks and a scale crawler course.

• Like 1

cteno4

i must admit i still have my big 4x4 rc truck from grad school... friend bought it for me the first year of grad school and it became a hit toy in the lab when folks got bored! i use to make little nitrocellulose rockets (common lab material thats very flammable) that would shoot about 20 feet and made a 6 barrel launcher for the truck and made gun cotton fuse (hey just cotton string and a few simple chemicals...), light the fuse and drive it into a lab to attack someone. then became the requested fireworks for all lab event parties in the department. even had a nobel laureate (invited speaker by the grad student) drive it all over a table full of our finished dirty dishes after a grad student seminar dinner after he had a few too many glasses of wine. spinning out in melting ice cream had him rolling on the floor like a 10 year old! 

jeff

• Like 1

tossedman

Hope you had a fire extinguisher handy. Booze, flammable material and rockets. Sounds like fun!

cteno4

Ya know in 5 years of figuring out ways of blowing things up, shooting them off or burning stuff up (you should see the flash fire ball a 15' x 1' hunk of nitrocellulose makes when taped up floor to ceiling!) in grad school we never once had to break out a fire extinguisher! Guess I grew up with that little elf on my shoulder that usually whispered in my ear time to stop before things went really south. I had a lot of friends growing up that were a bit wild and got in trouble a lot and I tended to always know when it was time to exit stage left as things escalated and 10 min later some authority was coming in!

Our most wild was blowing up latex gloves to 5' dia with natural gas. They float well! Then a bit of fun cotton string fuse and nitrocellulose primer and you've got a great exploding barrage ballon at 500' up! Bout a 20' big poof fireball! Once had UFO reports after we set a few off late one night over the berkeley campus.

Late nights getting bored waiting for a gel to finish running and too many creative brains spells trouble. Luckily it was the 80s and pre 911, kids these days can't do what we use to do and get away with. When I talk withnthe grad students of my old grad schoo friends now profs, they are dumbfounded by these kinds of antics with all the security and video surveillance!

Jeff

kvp

I don't know if wired cars count but i had a wire operated 1:12 landrover when i was a kid. It was kind of slow, so deemed safe to use indoors and had lots of details, down to the netted down equipment on the roof, a front winch and working lights.

serotta1972

Got my Toyato painted by Kiha 66 and of course in my favorite color orange.  Toyato is not a typo, hehe.

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0953-2.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kiha66

Looks great Jr, let me know if you need anything else painted.

• Like 1

nscalestation
On 6/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, cteno4 said:

Ya know in 5 years of figuring out ways of blowing things up, shooting them off or burning stuff up (you should see the flash fire ball a 15' x 1' hunk of nitrocellulose makes when taped up floor to ceiling!) in grad school we never once had to break out a fire extinguisher! Guess I grew up with that little elf on my shoulder that usually whispered in my ear time to stop before things went really south. I had a lot of friends growing up that were a bit wild and got in trouble a lot and I tended to always know when it was time to exit stage left as things escalated and 10 min later some authority was coming in!

Our most wild was blowing up latex gloves to 5' dia with natural gas. They float well! Then a bit of fun cotton string fuse and nitrocellulose primer and you've got a great exploding barrage ballon at 500' up! Bout a 20' big poof fireball! Once had UFO reports after we set a few off late one night over the berkeley campus.

Late nights getting bored waiting for a gel to finish running and too many creative brains spells trouble. Luckily it was the 80s and pre 911, kids these days can't do what we use to do and get away with. When I talk withnthe grad students of my old grad schoo friends now profs, they are dumbfounded by these kinds of antics with all the security and video surveillance!

Jeff

Similar experiences.  One time with sending up rockets from Los Angeles river bed got LA Sheriff's helo flying around.  Growing up in an urban area even back then you could get into trouble if it made to much noise, or flew too high.

• Like 1