MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Martijn Meerts

I wonder why they're displaying a picture of an axle along with the 215. If the wheels are the only thing that's changed, the new price seems silly...

Luckily, I bought a 10-car set when they re-released that one =)

There was a post on mixi group about this I found. Not sure how accurate it was but basically updated detail on car and obviously better running performance ?

anyway it can get optional lights ... for that price i would be wanting them to be included. I guess they are miling there re-releases for extra $$$ due to knowing alot of people want them.

LOL How much more detail can you put on a train that is mainly comprised of double deck cars and no underbody detail hahaha. For that price, I am expecting a train of Tomix HG quality (since this thing costs even MORE than an equivalent HG model). So definitely SHOULD come with body mount couplers and end car details like toilet tanks and whatever else. And what kind of optional lights..? Other than interior lighting, what more can they possibly have? Anyway if it wasn't so much $$$ I'd totally put in a pre-order but man oh man...

The changes i can see is 2 additional insepction covers on first car side panel, slightly altered under carriage detail and already has the Jr badging and better wheel system for better pickup and smooth quiet running.

angusmclean

Here is one of the latest posters from Microace.  Good selection of trains, but golly gosh, just check out those prices :((((

Angus

1 more week till we get the news of next realease from a blog I read in japanese.

Seems to be saying it will be another big release. 

will update as soon as i see something

CaptOblivious

what's that 185 in the orange and green livery?

There was another thread on this somewhere…part of the whole railroad nostalgia thing: They painted up one of the 185's in shonan livery. I think it looks rather good, myself.

Here is one of the latest posters from Microace.  Good selection of trains, but golly gosh, just check out those prices :((((

Angus

The posters were already given some posts before.  :grin

Fenway Park

Despite the earthquake NG Blog has listed the Micro Ace releases for August 2011.  Among the items listed are two 21m chassis E0001 and E0003 both at 4200 yen. This is response to requests. One is for the 481/483/485 series the other for the Kiha 40 series with the appropriate bogies.

Among the many items listed is a set of steel roll carriers Toki 21500. As the set is priced at 41,500 yen I cannot see many purchasers outside of Japan.

Some of the re-releases show a steep rise in pricing.

Malcolm

^^^ Hmm never thought about this but do you think the earthquake might delay release dates? I doubt for Microace since they're manufacturing facilities are in China but for Tomix and Kato...

Most Tomix is also made in China but all manufacturers distribution networks may be affected for a while if their head offices are in the earthquake zone.

Most Tomix is also made in China

Are you sure about that? They *used* to have many models made in China (during the years when the E3 was first released) but in the past few years or so, I've noticed that every Tomix TRAIN that I've bought were made in Japan, while buildlings and track and accessories were made in China.... Though I bet many components are from China with most of the final assembly done in Japan. But still... Could be good news, could be bad news. Good in that I can delay forking out cash for some my pre-orders :D

Nick_Burman

Among the many items listed is a set of steel roll carriers Toki 21500. As the set is priced at 41,500 yen I cannot see many purchasers outside of Japan.

Malcolm

Thank goodness this is one freight car set that I for once won't need ...

Cheers NB

Most Tomix is also made in China

Are you sure about that? They *used* to have many models made in China (during the years when the E3 was first released) but in the past few years or so, I've noticed that every Tomix TRAIN that I've bought were made in Japan, while buildlings and track and accessories were made in China.... Though I bet many components are from China with most of the final assembly done in Japan. But still... Could be good news, could be bad news. Good in that I can delay forking out cash for some my pre-orders :D

You could be right I haven't bought any Tomix trains recently and was just going by some of their other items, I'll see where my 35 car Wamu set was made if it made it out before the quake hit.

Back to scheduled programming, how many cars in the steel roll carrier set?

Despite the earthquake NG Blog has listed the Micro Ace releases for August 2011.  Among the items listed are two 21m chassis E0001 and E0003 both at 4200 yen. This is response to requests. One is for the 481/483/485 series the other for the Kiha 40 series with the appropriate bogies.

Link?

lordwinslow2

They seem to make some nice stuff.  Do they re-release their old stuff often or do they just update it and call it a new set?  I have seen some stuff on HS but it is sold out, hopefully they release it again.

Winslow

they usually upgrade it with better fly wheel and better tooling then rerelease for double the price  :laugh: or so seems to be the trend lately

Claude_Dreyfus

They seem to make some nice stuff.  Do they re-release their old stuff often or do they just update it and call it a new set?  I have seen some stuff on HS but it is sold out, hopefully they release it again.

Winslow

A few items have started to see the light of day again, however I suspect that the majority of their back catalogue (especially their earlier stuff) will never be re-released as it never seemed to be their policy to do so to any great extent. Keep an eye out though, as some bits and pieces may return.

A few items have started to see the light of day again, however I suspect that the majority of their back catalogue (especially their earlier stuff) will never be re-released as it never seemed to be their policy to do so to any great extent. Keep an eye out though, as some bits and pieces may return.

They seem to be re-releasing stuff that's fairly in demand and OOP. The biggest ones I can think of are the 200 series Shinkansen and renewal (even though it's *not* quite the same set), the 255 "Bosso View" trains, Nankai Rapi:t, and the up and coming HOT7000. All of these commanded a HUGE premium on the used market and then took a big tumble when MA re-released them and then people were ditching them cause the new stuff was much nicer. Kind of sucks from a collector's standpoint, but then again, MA's main goal is make as much $$$ as possible..

I remember especially with the Shinkansen 200-1500 renewal set... These were almost double MSRP on the used market -- if you could find one.

lordwinslow2

They seem to be re-releasing stuff that's fairly in demand and OOP. The biggest ones I can think of are the 200 series Shinkansen and renewal (even though it's *not* quite the same set), the 255 "Bosso View" trains, Nankai Rapi:t, and the up and coming HOT7000. All of these commanded a HUGE premium on the used market and then took a big tumble when MA re-released them and then people were ditching them cause the new stuff was much nicer. Kind of sucks from a collector's standpoint, but then again, MA's main goal is make as much $$$ as possible..

I remember especially with the Shinkansen 200-1500 renewal set... These were almost double MSRP on the used market -- if you could find one.

Hehehe, ok.  Yeah I am looking for a Series 485 setup, they do have a lot of them out but they are all $$$ or sold out.  Putting out my spare change, every day I put in a few coins, lets see what I can collect in 3-4 months...

Winslow