MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

I allready put a pre-order on the Byuu Koosutaa Joyfull train. I've been waiting a long time on such panoramic train.

Good job! I'm also planning on getting a Joyful train, but it's no that urgent. I still have some, KIHA that I've repainted in a very very ugly manner, a few years ago that are just waiting for a complete overhaul.

By the way, 'Kazekko' means 'Wind Child' or 'Child of the Winds'. A name for a product, not for a person, my gf just elaborated to me. I already assumed such a thing, but I had to make sure, so I asked her.

I allready put a pre-order on the Byuu Koosutaa Joyfull train. I've been waiting a long time on such panoramic train.

Good job! I'm also planning on getting a Joyful train, but it's no that urgent.

That was not urgent either, I love the train that's all. In fact I allready have more or less two Joyfull Train (JR Shikoku Seto OohaShi and KTR Tango Explorer)

I still have some, KIHA that I've repainted in a very very ugly manner, a few years ago that are just waiting for a complete overhaul.

Can you spare a pic?  :grin

CaptOblivious

Like I said somewhere else, the E653 are out now.

Out of stock you mean! Tenshodo still has it listed, and I'll be placing my order tonight, if they last that long...*sigh*

CaptOblivious

Just placed my order with Tenshodo. Very excited! This is the one I've been waiting forbsince I got into this hobby.

Also, the manchurian steam locs are available in stores:

http://popondetta.com/blog/2009/10/post_124.html

The colour of these 2 Pashina looks better in your links that in these ones:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090132

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090131

The Hobby search pictures shows models with a plastic look.

I believe Westfalen just ordered 1 of these steam engines. I like to know his thoughts on it when he gets it. Also is it decoder friendly.

I'm still waiting for it, it's coming SAL, was shipped on 21st Oct so shouldn't be far away. We are having a T-TRAK meet in Brisbane this weekend and I was looking forward to running it there, so naturally it will turn up on monday.

I still have some, KIHA that I've repainted in a very very ugly manner, a few years ago that are just waiting for a complete overhaul.

Can you spare a pic?  :grin

Sure. I've made some pictures today and placed them in my album on Facebook. Click on the link in my signature to see them.

Also, the manchurian steam locs are available in stores:

http://popondetta.com/blog/2009/10/post_124.html

The colour of these 2 Pashina looks better in your links that in these ones:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090132

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090131

The Hobby search pictures shows models with a plastic look.

I believe Westfalen just ordered 1 of these steam engines. I like to know his thoughts on it when he gets it. Also is it decoder friendly.

I'm still waiting for it, it's coming SAL, was shipped on 21st Oct so shouldn't be far away. We are having a T-TRAK meet in Brisbane this weekend and I was looking forward to running it there, so naturally it will turn up on monday.

I posted this on the 'What are you waiting to be delivered thread' then realised it was here we were talking about it.

Arrived today, the day after the big T-TRAK meet as I suspected it would. After a quick look at the mechanism I think DCC should be fairly easy as the motor is mounted the same as other Kato and Micro-Ace steamers, should be just a matter of cutting the brass wiper strips off the motor brushes so they don't contact the frames and soldering the decoder leads to the brushes, I'm think of putting the decoder in the cab roof above the motor to save taking too much apart, with me that's usually a death sentence for a steam loco. An engine this large and they still put the motor in the cab? The engine and tender couple pretty close though so you can't really see into the cab. The cars couple too far apart for my eyes, even on 11" radius curves so I'll be looking into replacing couplers. As someone posted the cars don't roll well but the engine doesn't even notice they are there, the boiler shell is full of weight and with traction tires should pull anything you put behind it, I'll give it a workout at the next club running day to see what it will do. I'll post some photos when I get a decoder installed. The models look better in the flesh, I'm thinking of getting the blue one as well.

post-218-13569923458328_thumb.jpg

Hot damn! They're on a JR-K roll here! I really like the JR West Setouchi Marine View with its little details, but why the hell did JR East rebuilt a 107 series to look like a Hanshin RR train! O_o" Also, I laughed at the 811 Series imitating a Tohoku-livery express train with its green stripe. :grin

• Like 1

So Microace released today some new sets.

• EF55-1 in brown livery... a very nice loc. It would run well alongside Tobu's "Pig Face". Hum, Jeff ;) :D I wonder, was it used to pull passenger coaches?
  • A Serie 207 in Yokohama line livery,
  • Two version of the Hankyu Serie 9300,
  • A Serie 159 and two Serie 113 in Shonan livery,
  • A Serie 413 in New Koriku livery,
  • A Kiha 261-0... too bad they postponed the -1000 version that was meant to be my Christmass gift from myself to myself. :( But I'm still very tempted to order this set.

Check out HS page for easy to find picture: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/new/104

Claude_Dreyfus

Maybe HS haven't yet updated their availability...all look to be showing as sold out...

Certainly I am interested in EF55-1, which ran on specials up until very recently (the last year or so). I reckon it would look alright on my Suro 81 set  :grin

It happened a lot these last months... every thing new from MA was out of stock upon release at HS. Check out Popondette or wait for HW to list the new items. They allways take their time but they usually carry what HS doesn't have anymore.

Maybe HS haven't yet updated their availability...all look to be showing as sold out...

That is why you need to pre-order to get many items.

Yeah... around 15.000 Yen I think. Too bad you missed the pre-order dead-line at HW. It will have been much cheaper. Maybe you can wait the release and shop it at Popon or HW. They are still far cheaper than HS.

Yeah... around 15.000 Yen I think. Too bad you missed the pre-order dead-line at HW. It will have been much cheaper. Maybe you can wait the release and shop it at Popon or HW. They are still far cheaper than HS.

i have gotten into the habit of looking at the new pre-order items at hw every few days as their pre-orders while usually great deals at 15-30% off list (the 30% off list on the galaxy 999 made all the difference!) they close the pre-orders pretty quickly and sometimes w/o a close date on the item. it usually then disappears from the site until the item is released and then its added back (sometimes with a few in stock, sometimes with a backorder). so if you want the better prices you have to be ready to hunt some! at least i find it fun to do, sort of the hunter/gatherer challenge like finding something you need at home despot!

cheers

jeff