MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

1 hour ago, Pashina12 said:

So MicroAce has a C11 too? Cool. Though 42k yen for a locomotive and six cars I have no use at all for is a bit much. Hopefully there'll be a solo release of the C11...

MicroAce prices have always been ridiculous and their quality is subpar to Kato and Tomix. I would advise you to stay with Kato for your C11s, to be honest.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I will. I saw HS has the Tramway C11 on sale for like 8800 yen but I managed to hold back, tempted though I was to try to bulk up my fleet of C11s ASAP and the Kato ones do kinda seem to be a scarce commodity... but I think if I just keep reminding myself that I don't need that many *yet*, I'll be okay...

13 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Yeah, I think I will. I saw HS has the Tramway C11 on sale for like 8800 yen but I managed to hold back, tempted though I was to try to bulk up my fleet of C11s ASAP and the Kato ones do kinda seem to be a scarce commodity... but I think if I just keep reminding myself that I don't need that many *yet*, I'll be okay...

Yahoo auctions has quite a few for sale, most around or below MRSP.  New ones are posted all the time too, so don't feel you have to take the current ones offered.

http://buyee.jp/item/search/query/2021/category/2084259596

If you feel like you're already in desperate need of another Kato C11, you can still find them on Yahoo Auctions for prices lower than the new price. I personally always try to first focus on diversity than on quantity when building a collection though. I'm sure it won't take Kato too long to rerelease a popular model such the C11 as well.

Edit: Kiha66 already pointed this out at the same time.

Edited by Densha
  • Haha 1

Diversity, well... for my project, C11s were the only steam locomotives to operate on the line, and as far as I've been able to gather, the only diesels to run on it were DE10-0s. So for diversity I've got KiHas and freight cars... and there are limits to those diversities, too.

5 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Diversity, well... for my project, C11s were the only steam locomotives to operate on the line, and as far as I've been able to gather, the only diesels to run on it were DE10-0s. So for diversity I've got KiHas and freight cars... and there are limits to those diversities, too.

That still means you have plenty types of freight cars and KiHa's you still don't own any of to collect before heading into getting 'doubles'. Just my two cents.

Edited by Densha
3 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Okay I get that this is something special buuuuut... http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/256594205  36000 yen?

Its one of the Kato Kyoto Station store's special custom items, that has a very small production and can only be bought in person from that store.  The prices tend to be crazy inflated due to the low production of these runs, like the C62 recently sold painted for the Kyoto Railroad Museum (now selling for over 2x the original C62 price).

5 minutes ago, Densha said:

That still means you have plenty types of freight cars and KiHa's you still don't own any of to collect before heading into getting 'doubles'. Just my two cents.

True... but there's a "but" here too. This is of course a ways down the line yet till I'm at the point with my layout that it's really a consideration, but to operate the trains that ran on the line in my chosen 1967-1969 period I need three locomotives at the minimum. But you're not wrong, since as I said that consideration is a ways down the line. I guess you're right and I should focus my purchase attentions on KiHas and freight cars now (just took quick stock, including the stuff I've got on order, towards Stage One of my Fleet Plan I've got 4 of 8 boxcars, 5 of 21 ToRas, 0 of 2 ToKis, 0 of 4 TsuMus, 0 of 2 ReMus, 2 of 4 WaFu/Yo, 0 of 2 Ki100s... and only 1 of 15 KiHas and 0 of 2 KiHaYuNis.

Bang...

And they had to do the EXE Alpha... oh well... the price is WAY above the previous EXE...

Like... the basic 6 car gets me the full 10 car consists formerly....

Guess I will stay with the former EXE for now and imagine my Odakyu did NOT come up with a new livery for the EXE....

Edited by JR 500系
9 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

FTS, two of those abbreviated words are expletives, I don't think it will take too much imagination to figure out what they are. 

Surely no more imagination than it took to write.

Das Steinkopf
4 hours ago, velotrain said:

Surely no more imagination than it took to write.

There are some more eloquent terms that I could use to describe it, but too be frank it would be a waste of time.

29 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

There are some more eloquent terms that I could use to describe it, but too be frank it would be a waste of time.

As opposed to trash talk, or saying nothing?

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, velotrain said:

As opposed to trash talk, or saying nothing?

Charles, I am not going to engage in an argument with you, I just made a light hearted dig about the absurd pricing of an item, mind you there is probably plenty of members here who had the same sentiments if they had seen it. There was no swearing or anything that could be deemed immediately offensive in the original post, yes I may have alluded to something but I did not state it directly.

• Like 1

Likewise, Das Steinkopf.

The initials are convenient camouflage, but don't negate trash talk.

If other members had similar sentiments, they undoubtedly realized that bitching here served no purpose.

If an item has a truly absurd price, no one will buy it.  If someone does - then it wasn't absurd after all.

Das Steinkopf

Charles, there seems to be only one person here who has taken an affront to it and having a bitch about it and guess what, it’s not me. Not everyone can aspire to reach the lofty heights of community standards and expectations that some people have set for themselves.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

The MA set C11 will be their old model of C11 207 which is a different scale to the new Kato/Tomix/Tramway versions. It's larger @ 1/140 compared to the new versions which are 1/150.

The set is aimed at collectors, hence the price.

Malcolm

• Like 1

In addition C11 207 has twin headlamps as it was used on a line in Hokkaido where there were heavy snow falls. MA issued a 9600 with the same arrangement, again for Hokkaido, so not suitable for your area.

Be patient, as I am sure there will be further issues of C11 class locos from Kato in 2018.    

Other than the twin headlights (on the C11) and the Taiju headmark.  All other engines/carriages/parts are readily available.

I'm sure Tomix or Kato will come up with a much cheaper solution soon.

Gordon Werner

this is neat because it has the new premium car ... but that's hella expensive.  Will definitely get the 800 series in the new mainline colors tho