MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

what speaker does this DD51 had? someting like DCC sound thing perhaps?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10463629

IMO .I think its a word lost in translation if you read the description below it states "mounting the speaker parts on the bonnet".

Sounds more like a detail part or parts added to the hood of loco

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

what speaker does this DD51 had? someting like DCC sound thing perhaps?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10463629

I don't think it's N scale sound.. but who knows, maybe that explains the price point!  haha

I'm thinking it is a loudspeaker system mounted to the top of the cab.  Similar to something like those political/election/propaganda vans.  I'm really not sure what the point of a loudspeaker would be for an engine though.  Maybe some early form of train tours "and if you look out the windows on the left side you'll get a beautiful view of blah blah blah.."  I haven't a clue.. maybe to call out orders in a railyard.. but I feel like you'd want to do that from a tower and not an engine..

marknewton

Makes sense to me, some of our locos here have a similar arrangement. They're useful if your mate is on the ground during a shunt, and you want to give them instructions without faffing around with WB radios.

Cheers,

Mark.

Gordon Werner

I guess I gotta start saving like ¥20,000 in case (hopefully sooner) they announce the Keishin Line trainset in the new Keihan mainline color scheme 

• Like 1

I don't think Micro Ace has ever done an interurban or much shorter than a full train.  Part of the reason why Greenmax and Micro Ace are more expensive than Kato and Tomix.  No short sets.

Maybe its just that what I am interested in always seems to be a full set.  Come to think of it I do have a four car Odakyu 30000 EXE.  But that also is a separate four car set.  I still think you don't see something like a 3 or 4 car E231-500 set like the Kato and Tomix do and separate add on sets from MA.

Ah, short versions of longer trains? They don't do the basic 3/4 car packs like Kato and Tomix do, more typically something like a 6-car bookcase basic set for a 10 car commuter train and a 4-car add-on set.

But with the new greenmax coreless motors which works great, I think it is possible, with some modifications, to fit shorter sets with motors for running individually, like fitting another motor to the 783 midori/ Huis Ten Bosch to make both sets running...

35700 Yen + 8% Tax for the Toei Metro 5300?

W-A-O-H

They should change their name to something like "Micro-LSModels" or "HobbyTrainAce"

-_-UU

• Like 1

I'm kind of glad recent MicroAce releases have not been interesting to me at all and that Tomix and Kato are doing more and more niche models.

I'm kind of glad recent MicroAce releases have not been interesting to me at all and that Tomix and Kato are doing more and more niche models.

Not my case, unfortunately for me... I like 10-000 and 5300, Toei Subway trains usually are way expensive, so I still havent got any of those two, nor the 10-300 or 12-000. But it seems to get worse, except for the 10-300 that Tomix released for _only 24000 yen

-_-UUU

Can it be that the prices go up? Why are they so expensive ? Don't they realize that they are losing costumers ? I don't see myself buying any MicroAce in the near or far future.

I really want that DE-15 but even for preorder it's $76...for it's regular retail price you're just under the cost of two of the new Tomix DE-10s...

The SSE indeed looks very tempting. It's not super cheap, but knowing MicroAce, there should be some time to save up for it.

• Like 2

Yet another postponement from Micro Ace D52s may be released after September 2017 along with the E10s which are nearly a year late. C54s have disappeared from the schedule for the time being. 

See N-G Information for the other items.