What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

Also got a few HO freight car kits.  Amazing details but quite tricky to get them all on correctly.  Not bad for $10 a car though.

20190225_210953.thumb.jpg.68b4d5d9a9d3363d3cffe9e08fb32611.jpg20190227_190357(0).thumb.jpg.3dff512c6618a7b4a4107d092e164e76.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 3

Another order from Hatton's.

Dapol BR Maroon Collett Second coach W1104

Dapol  BR Maroon Brake Composite W6536

Ratio 229 Coal Depot

IMG_7044 cropped 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 2

Seems some of them were lost in the mail, but I got a set of kato amfleet 1 cars to model Amtrak's reserve Pacific Surfliner.  As this train is made up of older cars and is only used when there are not enough modern bilevel coaches to meet demand, the train is lacking in a lot of modern amenities.  Sometimes to make up for this Amtrak would add in their last remaining  Dome Lounge car to the consist.  I got to ride this rare train as a kid so it brings back a lot of memories remaking it in N scale.  Hopefully the other four cars show up soon!  Now if only kato would make the California bilevel cars as well...

5c2ff884-5ef0-443e-a7c6-2fb7f104ab20.thumb.jpg.cad1b04f7643d57fed8a48d42454b493.jpg

• Like 4

The dome car is an old bachman model, they dont make it any more but you can find them for really cheap on ebay or at shows.  Its great for kitbashing and repainting, and even has metal wheels surprisingly. 

Brings back memories of trying to turn the old Bachmann Amfleets into acceptable models. I even converted one to a food service car by filling in a couple of windows and painting over them. After painting the chrome wheel centres black, taking the pickups out (so the wheels would actually rotate) and shortening the couplers they looked ok.

• Thanks 1
Martijn Meerts

Received my brand new Fleischmann 737811 BR 103 today, first new train I've bought in a long time. I've had several BR 103's over the years, but they all stopped running.

Not only is the BR 103 one of my favourite locomotives, but it was also one of my father's favourite locomotives. We tried for a long time to repair the BR 103's we had, but they never really ran well again. I've been wanting to get a new one for a while, but I wasn't really able to find a brand new one (without sound anyway). Ironically, a new one became available shortly after my father passed away, so I just had to get it. On top of that, its road number is of a locomotive that has regularly visited the train station near where I live, so I've likely seen the actual train many times. There are even pictures of it pulling Dutch passenger coaches.

• Like 6
On 3/13/2019 at 12:59 PM, Martijn Meerts said:

There are even pictures of it pulling Dutch passenger coaches.

I'd actually be interested in those. Got a link?

I got me some more Ep.VI IC (and MüNüX) coaches. I should basically have about enough by now but I still need the  cab car...

D1yAhQOWwAEy-RV.thumb.jpg.36614732b9955b0347b4e2b3615d238c.jpg

• Like 8
Martijn Meerts

Well, ordered 2 sets of 4 coaches each of the 1983 Rheingold to go with the BR 103 I ordered earlier. Of course, that means I'm still missing a coach considering the prototype ran with 9 coaches. But at least it's a start for my new Rheingold collection. I eventually want the 1928, 1962 and 1965 versions as well. Might skip the 1951 version considering that one is more of a random collection of coaches.

I really shouldn't have ordered it considering all the costs I have at the moment with the house and other things going on, but oh well. Also found out that Minitrix is releasing a set of 5 coaches of the 1962 version Rheingold soon, so I might end up getting that one as well.

Edit: Package was already sent.. Ordered 11:41, shipped 12:33 .. That's pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Well, ordered 2 sets of 4 coaches each of the 1983 Rheingold to go with the BR 103 I ordered earlier.

The exclusive sets from Arnold/DM-Toys?

Martijn Meerts
4 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

The exclusive sets from Arnold/DM-Toys?

Yep, those are the ones.. When doing some searching for them, I came across your YouTube video of those coaches.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Yep, those are the ones.. When doing some searching for them, I came across your YouTube video of those coaches.

Hah! 😄 Cool!

Got my Marklin HO out again. Naturally this has led to new arrivals. First this rather tired but fully functional 3055 NS 1200 class:

There's also an SNCF Sybic BB26000 which I don't have a photo of yet.

• Like 1

Apparently the old Marklin one is a bit short, but it looks pretty good and pulls well. It was also silly cheap on ebay, costing about the same as a single new Piko Hobby coach!

I did nothing to the mechanism beyond oiling the foam pads above the armature bearings, straightening the pickup shoe, soldering the decoder in and replacing a missing headlight bulb. The body got a quick wash in warm soapy water and had one of the two missing pantograph springs replaced, I think I have another spare somewhere but yet to find it. The paint has bloomed slightly so I might try a bit of car wax on a cotton bud to polish it.

Martijn Meerts

It looks rather nice and weathered as is really, don't think colour wise it needs any work.. These things were work horses after all.

Something of a find today:

Further restoration will wait until I have the bulbs and the decoder kit. Planning to strip it down, clean sixty years of old oil out of the mechanism and rebuild with an ESU Lokpilot. It won't get a complete repaint but a few dabs of paint on chips may happen.

• Like 2

I have been sorely tempted by the twin pack of a steam rotary snowplow and a BR50 Marklin offered at one point. Unfortunately prices are daft!

The decoder and bulbs for the E44 are on order. I also now know how to take the chassis apart fully so I can give the gearing a good scrub in WD40 and get everything rotating freely.

I have finally acquired a model I've been fishing for since it came out. Tax return came back, model on sale, last one in stock, snatch.

0423191410.jpg

0423191414.jpg

0423191424a.jpg

0423191424c.jpg

0423191424.jpg

0423191424f.jpg

0423191425a.jpg

0423191425.jpg

0423191424d.jpg

0423191424e.jpg

0423191425b.jpg

You guy shave no idea how excited I am at finally having this model.

Yes, I know that it is unlettered/unnumbered. I actually wanted this version so I could put my private road on it. Ain't nobody going to tell me where I can and cannot run a model from a company that doesn't exist! Loopholes!

Anyways, the record for one of my clubs is 220 behind one locomotive. That was an MTH Y6B in Norfolk & Western. My other club's record is 120, but that guy uses a set of five or six Kato ALCo RS2s to pull his train. The goal of this club is now to beat this one guy's 120. My goal is to beat it with less locomotives. I already hold the record for most cars behind one locomotive at 88 using a Kato EF510-500, but I have decided I needed to hunt down that 120.

Needed more power...

A LOT more power...

No, but seriously, this model is GLORIOUS.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I made a grave error:

I started with H0m. But wait! Not RhB, no Bemo in sight!

But I always adored the Tram 2000.

Now I'll just need some track.

IMG_20190424_015712.thumb.jpg.6d851db342a601b98634cd2c1129b3dd.jpg

IMG_20190423_232350.thumb.jpg.427bcc5805a368a1d5740256a5ff674d.jpg

And don't worry, next .jp trains are ordered and on the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was very disappointed in those Navemo models of the Zurich Tram 2000.  ALL the detail is just painted on, tinplate-style, no relief whatsoever on the doors or vents; the whole side is just painted flat plastic.  Only one truck is driven and it sounds horrible, gnashing and growly even after running-in.  No lights.  Floor level inside is just below the seat backs, so it looks like the car is flooded with water.  Stickers for only 6 of the 15 zurich tram lines — others cost extra.  It can‘t even pull one trailer; the trailers are also motorized and cost barely less than the main double unit.  Want a weight?  costs extra.  Want traction tires?  costs extra.  Above all there is no roof detail whatsoever, whereas in reality these trams are loaded with complicated electrical stuff on top.  Look nice standing still from a distance (if you ignore the roof), but otherwise imho a disgrace to a proud modelmaking country.