What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

3 hours ago, Kamome said:

Nice Squid. I would like to get a Western myself.

My first train set was a Lima 00 gauge set with a Class 52 , 2 x Mk 2 carriages and a Mk 1 guards van in BR blue in the mid 1980s. I think the coaches were updated into Network Southeast livery by my father some years later. 

The N gauge green Hymek and Class 22 from Dapol also appeal. Do the Dapol diesels have directional lights?

Yup, though IIRC the Class 73 (one of their older models) doesn't have rear lights.

However they are are prone to failure, on my 22 and my other Western (maroon livery) they only work in one direction... Fixable when I get round to it, but annoying.

Sounds similar to what I’ve heard. I have 2 of their A1 terriers which are really nice but    suffer unless track is impeccably clean. I think due to their lack of weight, but again are fantastic looking. I was also tempted by an A4 pacific before I emigrated but decided against it based on my previous experiences without Dapol.

Found today at the local market for 70€, a very old (late 1960s) Lima N gauge start set, with tracks, a D341 diesel locomotive and two coaches.

I was lucky, N gauge limas are quite rare, especially if they run correctly (like this one does).

1.jpg

(i still have to learn how to focus correctly with my camera)

Edited by Socimi
1 hour ago, Socimi said:

Found today at the local market for 70€, a very old (late 1960s) Lima N gauge start set, with tracks, a D341 diesel locomotive and two coaches.

I was lucky, N gauge limas are quite rare, especially if they run correctly (like this one does).

(i still have to learn how to focus correctly with my camera)

Very nice. Do you you have any problem with the Lima wheels on Kato track? They have very large flanges and can bump against the ties. I have a Lima Orient Express set that has this problem. I still haven't found the perfect set of replacement wheels for them. But I will some day. I haven't given up. I know they must be out there somewhere!!

Going back to the Dapol topic, these are the three Dapol tank engines I have (all second hand):

46162318451_b733101ae8_z.jpg
Dapol 57xx (9741) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

44344963640_c8c1a69548_z.jpg

Dapol 45xx slope tank (5541) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

45437834044_5267c704a9_z.jpg

Dapol 14xx No. 1462 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The top one is a bit jerky, particularly going backwards, and is borderline satisfactory. It could probably do with some fettling, when I get round to it.

The other two are as good as anything from Kato and run just fine. The 0-4-2 tank (lower model) can't cope with more than a couple of coaches, mind you it is a very small model and the prototype wouldn't have run with much more. However I've heard from multiple sources that the quality is extremely variable with that one, evidently I got lucky.

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Going back to the Dapol topic, these are the three Dapol tank engines I have (all second hand):

Dapol 57xx (9741) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

\

Dapol 45xx slope tank (5541) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Dapol 14xx No. 1462 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The top one is a bit jerky, particularly going backwards, and is borderline satisfactory. It could probably do with some fettling, when I get round to it.

The other two are as good as anything from Kato and run just fine. The 0-4-2 tank (lower model) can't cope with more than a couple of coaches, mind you it is a very small model and the prototype wouldn't have run with much more. However I've heard from multiple sources that the quality is extremely variable with that one, evidently I got lucky.

Very nice, Railsquid.

Btw is your Dapol class 33 a slow runner. Mine runs about scale speed so it's not a terrible. But a bit faster is nice for play.

5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Squid gets the word of the day award, I have not heard fettling used in a very long time!

In common use in British modelling circles.

5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice, Railsquid.

Btw is your Dapol class 33 a slow runner. Mine runs about scale speed so it's not a terrible. But a bit faster is nice for play.

It (well they, I have two 😄 ) are not exactly speed demons, but then I wouldn't expect them to be, and they trundle round quite nicely (if a little on the buzzy side, but hey, that's Dapol). If I want speed I have a shelf full of Shinkansen units 😉 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/2/2018 at 7:31 PM, gavino200 said:

Very nice. Do you you have any problem with the Lima wheels on Kato track? They have very large flanges and can bump against the ties. I have a Lima Orient Express set that has this problem. I still haven't found the perfect set of replacement wheels for them. But I will some day. I haven't given up. I know they must be out there somewhere!!

Not as much as i originally expected (from past experience of running similarily-aged 1:87 Lima stock on modern tracks).

My greatest fear was, as it's known in italy a "viaggiare sulle traverse" (running on the sleepers) problem, e.g. when the wheel flanges are so long that the locomotive's wheels cannot touch the rails.

Here instead, it travels nicely on both fixed Unitrack and Kato Flexible track.

The only problem i encountered is that when the loco travels too slowly (hilariously enough, in this case "too slow" means anything below max power) it stalls on the reralier S124C track as it loses grip on the rails.

• Like 1

I'm not lucky. Received my replacement BR101 Rheingold today, with the same issue. Broken buffer. It will be my 6th claim this year for brand new model trains.

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

I'm not lucky. Received my replacement BR101 Rheingold today, with the same issue. Broken buffer. It will be my 6th claim this year for brand new model trains.

They required you to send in your broken model before receiving this one, right?

I got an Arnold S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr DR BR 143 with Minitrix DB X-Wagen

Dt407fNWoAIFt5l.thumb.jpg.5482e4fa2100b81342dfbbd5cd62b690.jpgDt408n9WsAAodug.thumb.jpg.01e9290d164992d2fcc07c73e7a1cb3f.jpg

• Like 5

Did I ever mention that I love the BR 103? :toothy9:

There have been a few additions to the collection.

Arnold DB E03 001 (early version)

Dt-RgLaWsAIkQH4.thumb.jpg.2a8698c8a69f14c5d3e9a87a2c8924dd.jpg

Arnold DB 750 001 (maintenance & research loco, former E03 001)

Dt-RvD2WkAYF3zX.thumb.jpg.27ac366a82c76ccc6fdcdaeff2e867d5.jpg

Minitrix DB 103 203 (without buffer fairing)

Dt-SGEwW4AASg-x.thumb.jpg.e814be49fcf542a8545d6b2e4fcd52ff.jpg

Fleischmann DB 103 197

Dt-S0YDXQAAp_sK.thumb.jpg.e4ae9634a37f83eee5418467ceed8b91.jpg

Fleischmann DB 103 229 (long version)

Dt-TpB6XgAALnSm.thumb.jpg.6b3cbc4618da20889f9304c337b72d71.jpg

• Like 5

Good fleet of 103s.    I like the 103 as well.  Only have 3 Fleischmann ones at the moment (2 beige -- different numbers and one 1 red).   It will slowly grow though.  Funnily, I also like the JR 103 series for some reason.   Totally different sort of train, but both named 103 and both one that I have more than "needed".

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Suica said:

Did I ever mention that I love the BR 103? :toothy9:

There have been a few additions to the collection.

Arnold DB E03 001 (early version)

Arnold DB 750 001 (maintenance & research loco, former E03 001)

Minitrix DB 103 203 (without buffer fairing)

Fleischmann DB 103 197

Fleischmann DB 103 229 (long version)

For clarification, these 5 are in addition to the x number you already have? Just like me with my 115’s though I’ve slowed a bit.

Edited by Densha
Staff Comment: Removed images from quote
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

For clarification, these 5 are in addition to the x number you already have?

Yup, additional. I'm at 15 now. 

• Like 2

So Santa left this for me under the tree last night.  3 Südostbayernbahn double decker carriages and an end cab car from Fleischmann.  (I already have the Fleischmann DB Class 245 TRAXX-DE locomotive for this).  Also a random Fleischmann Bundesbahn era hopper car was in my stocking.  I have a double set of Hopper cars from the same era / livery, different running numbers, so now I have 3.

IMG_0177.jpg

Edited by chadbag
g is not h
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, chadbag said:

So Santa left this for me under the tree last night.  3 Südostbayernbahn double decker carriages and an end cab car from Fleischmann.  (I already have the Fleischmann DB Class 245 TRAXX-DE locomotive for this).  Also a random Fleischmann Bundesbahn era hopper car was in my stocking.  I have a double set of Hopper cars from the same era / livery, different running numbers, so now I have 3.

IMG_0177.jpg

I like it. Does the loco have the same Bavarian flag motif?

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I like it. Does the loco have the same Bavarian flag motif?

Nope. It does have a ❤️ SOB mini logo (I love the south east Bavarian railways). 

There are other locos by Fleischmann that have a Bavarian flag motif, however.

• Thanks 1

Technically it says "l mog die SOB" ("Ich mag die SOB" in hochdeutsch) inside the heart  ( and which is funny of you read it as an English speaker...)

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

• Like 3

Some big arrivals this week.

Arnold DR Halberstädter

Dwj10rQW0AELxyT.thumb.jpg.3f18f2038caf48465df630374e2372e4.jpg

Minitrix & Roco DB ICE colour IC coaches. You can never have enough of those.

Dwj2IZ-WwAUrElZ.thumb.jpg.7305055f280dc7fbecf2a816fb2a3f89.jpg

My first coaches by LS Models.

DwtpaJDWwAAzeOV.thumb.jpg.8d5fe05b4f9318c07f88eb9920545a6e.jpg

CNL Canopus and CNL Sirius with some additional coaches to create different consists.

Dwtw7EaXgAAdBSP.thumb.jpg.e78e5d3837dec810b2b645361bc735ca.jpgDwtwO8qXgAAXXGG.thumb.jpg.e7e1ac58d69c59462da6a3602c5b7137.jpgDwtu60PX0AABIcG.thumb.jpg.2894f86d3e0ea90c108061bad6259e2b.jpg

• Like 7

I shouldn't have done this, but I did anyway:

IMG_20190117_211940.thumb.jpg.739ce666b4068c94b2402b40a46dff55.jpg

The mother train with it's young ^^

Now I just need to get more track and a controller.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Waisneed said:

I shouldn't have done this, but I did anyway:

No, you really shouldn't have...

but it was very courageous of you to do it anyway! 😊

• Haha 1