What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

Had some interesting things follow me home from this weekend's event.

Fleshed out the rest of my NJT Bi-Levels, as well as got a basic function decoder for the proper locomotive.

No cab car yet. Need to find one.

No, I don't know why the first/third picture embedded upsidedown.

0811191608.jpg

0811191606a.jpg

0811191606.jpg

Found this rather interesting, scratch-built, pre-war Baltimore & Ohio mail car. Don't know anything about it, but it's neat. If anyone has information, do tell.

0811191405.jpg

0811191405_HDR.jpg

0811191405a.jpg

I also had a Proto 1000 RDC-1 follow me home, but I do not have pictures of that yet. If I find other stuff I acquired and forgot about when I unpack today, will update.

Was on the fence about this one until I saw one in person at the N Scale Weekend in Altoona, Scaletrains C39-8. Let me just say that Scaletrains blows BLI out of the water for detail and sound quality. Also a pretty strong runner and will start at a lower voltage (6-7 volts) on straight DC. Behind the two BN flats are Winchester & Western covered hoppers I was able to pick up at the show, they sell out pretty fast so I was glad to get them.

c398.thumb.jpg.af3eb8dd04ab2232437adef7a7d0ecb7.jpg

• Like 1

I got press-ganged and unexpectedly became a vendor at the local show after a club member had an unexpected medical emergency.  I thought I was safe but still somehow managed to find time in the closing minutes of the show to pick something up.  The seller just wanted them gone so they were a steal!

20190811_214305_compress78.thumb.jpg.54e112cbd83d839d67e1a0c9a99e1ae4.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I thought I was safe but still somehow managed to find time in the closing minutes of the show to pick something up.

Wow, nice find. I love Zebra stripes. Don't know where you found them because I found absolutely NOTHING to spend $$$ on. Maybe I need new glasses.

2 minutes ago, RogerMc said:

Wow, nice find. I love Zebra stripes. Don't know where you found them because I found absolutely NOTHING to spend $$$ on. Maybe I need new glasses.

Yeah, the show was pretty low on interesting stuff.  I think the seller just pulled these out at the last minute and was trying to dump them on sunday night.

I recall Pomona being the same way last year. If I had been able to make it up there on Sunday, I would have gone and hung out with you. But I didn't have access to a car, arrrgh.

Really good to meet you though. I need to tap into your wealth of knowledge because the bug is biting me hard. I've got dreams of doing a small loop completely in Japanese theme.

The next T-TRAK event scheduled is Depot Day at Travel Town on Oct 13. There's talk of others but nothing firm yet.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, RogerMc said:

I need to tap into your wealth of knowledge because the bug is biting me hard. I've got dreams of doing a small loop completely in Japanese theme

Sorry roger, no known cure except bankruptcy...

jeff

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Sorry roger, no known cure except bankruptcy...

I'm sure you are right about that. But if someone could limit my internet access, it would make a pretty good dent in my spending. The temporary HS closure is helping.

6 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I got press-ganged and unexpectedly became a vendor at the local show after a club member had an unexpected medical emergency.  I thought I was safe but still somehow managed to find time in the closing minutes of the show to pick something up.  The seller just wanted them gone so they were a steal!

20190811_214305_compress78.thumb.jpg.54e112cbd83d839d67e1a0c9a99e1ae4.jpg

Good score. I like the CCT loco and caboose. Back when I was modelling US traction roads the CCT was one of my inspirations. Have you seen the book?

large.59FB08D4-8A0A-426F-98EF-EC1766D7F5

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1

I hadn't seen that book before, I'll have to be on the lookout for it!  This is my first CCT loco but the great thing about shortlines is at one loco I'm already at 1/4 the companies fleet.

• Like 1

It’s published by Signature Press, ISBN 1-930013-06-X. It’s a big book, 396 pages full of excellent photos, maps and diagrams. Well worth having IMO.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RogerMc said:

I'm sure you are right about that. But if someone could limit my internet access, it would make a pretty good dent in my spending. The temporary HS closure is helping.

Given some time you would result to calling Nariichi directly in japan to mainline...

jeff

• Like 1

HS is but one of many suppliers of Japanese trains - the only thing that really slows down my purchases is when I’m low on hobby funds. And since discovering all the different online retailers and of course JNS, my spending has increased quite a bit. 

turns out, CASCO YP-048 also fits european trains without the need of extra cutting. But only single deckers really fit (or slightly lower than doubledeckers, such as the minitrix panorama cars that I got recently).

IMG_6676.thumb.jpg.c0a896895a0d4aa2a4e405e5d9144c48.jpg

• Like 1

So happy to finally receive this!. I really didn't need to buy the add-on set for the ICE4, but after waiting 4 years, why not?

3CJHDwM.jpg

• Like 6
On 8/10/2019 at 12:38 AM, serotta1972 said:

The Kunter Passenger Car sets arrived from Hong Kong.  They are nicely detailed, crisp paint and uses the Tomix style power pick up.  It has body mounted Rapido couplers with kine-matic action with a decent gap between cars. 

Serotta, any chance you could give a little review of these In the Chinese Model Trains thread. I've been tempted to get some of these for a while now. How do the trains run? They look awesome!!

@gavino200 you mean those 2 descriptive sentences aren't enough? 😁 Oh okay, a more thorough review with some close up pics.  I will try to put one together this weekend. 

Edited by serotta1972
  • Haha 1

Adding to my CNR fleet, a Kunter SS9.  It has metal pantographs, not as detailed as the Minitown DF11Z but does have some detail parts that can be added on.  Runs smoothly but a little louder than a Kato.  

IMG_1439.thumb.jpg.bc9d9e37511e407e6e5e5404837d6d79.jpgIMG_1440.thumb.jpg.26f0c310cf04bc7843c7e5931d67ddbd.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Adding to my CNR fleet, a Kunter SS9.  It has metal pantographs, not as detailed as the Minitown DF11Z but does have some detail parts that can be added on.  Runs smoothly but a little louder than a Kato.  

Nice, Serotta. It looks beautiful. I've been tempted to buy this one. It goes with the blue & white Kunther passenger car set, right? I think those run in the Shenzhen/ Guangdong area? I'm hoping they'll eventually release some trains from the Nanjing area, as that's where I'll be going when I visit China.

I do not need any more snow plows...

I bought another snow plow...

It has an angry face...

One Jordan Spreader

0825191205.jpg

0825191205a.jpg

0825191205b.jpg

It is fully poseable and feels quite delicate. Pretty neat model.

I plan on redoing the red into blue and putting "Blue Meanie" on the side...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been playing with British OO industrials:

Mostly as Hattons were selling the Oxford Rail/Golden Valley Hobbies Janus shunter in ASW livery off for £50 (list price is around double that). Why Allied Steel and Wire? They had a plant in Cardiff Docks which I've passed a few times, and it fits my vague idea of doing a layout inspired by the M Shed museum in Bristol with preserved industrial locos giving brake van rides and photo charters.