What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

On 1/30/2019 at 6:37 AM, VJM said:

Why did I buy this monstrosity? ???

Are you having technical difficulties with it? It is monstrously large. But it's an impressive monster with it's own kind of beauty. I saw it in New Mexico a few years ago and it was pretty amazing in person. 

It looks great on its Japanese tour btw 🙂

Edited by gavino200
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, gavino200 said:

Are you having technical difficulties with it? It is monstrously large. But it's an impressive monster with it's own kind of beauty. I saw it in New Mexico a few years ago and it was pretty amazing in person. 

It looks great on its Japanese tour btw 🙂

No technical difficulties as such, although the FEF-3 is too big to run on any of my inside lines and derails; but that's the point I guess.  It's huge, and I went to a reasonable amount of trouble to get the entire train with the water tenders and the Spirit 1943 diesel locomotive.

I stumped up for the tender lighting kits as well, but they seem very dim compared to some YouTube videos I've seen.  Not sure if I have done something wrong there. 

1 hour ago, VJM said:

No technical difficulties as such, although the FEF-3 is too big to run on any of my inside lines and derails; but that's the point I guess.  It's huge, and I went to a reasonable amount of trouble to get the entire train with the water tenders and the Spirit 1943 diesel locomotive.

I had that issue on a previous layout. It's a real disappointment when you're excited about a new loco only to find it derails when you bring it home. My issue was with the GS-4 and was also only on one track, but I was still bummed about it. I wish companies would do a better job of clearly listing minimum radii for sensitive locos.

1 hour ago, VJM said:

I stumped up for the tender lighting kits as well, but they seem very dim compared to some YouTube videos I've seen.  Not sure if I have done something wrong there. 

Kato lighting kits can be extremely tricky. It can be difficult to get good contact between the LED and the diffuser, which seems to be key. Sometimes a tiny piece of scotch tape can help. 

Thanks to a friend in Poland, I was able to get another 2nd class coach for the prototypical full 6-car formation of the Berlin-Warszawa-Express.

Dyu9UE9W0AEyCyM.thumb.jpg.c3c32a60345326fbcd055e4a9d64e952.jpg

(Book-) case closed. Time for the next project.

• Like 7

More British private owner wagons from the Peco line.  The Fife Coal and L G W wagons are Peco brand  Scottish wagons exclusive to Harburn Hobbies of Edinburgh, Scotland.  I also picked up a couple of Express Dairy Milk for London wagons from Harburns. The final photo is six of my seven British Big Four era wagons.  I plan on adding a couple of  Collett coaches this spring. I will run these behind my Japanese steamers.

https://www.harburnhobbies.co.uk/acatalog/Peco_N_Gauge_Wagons.html

IMG_6975  1024 x768.jpg

IMG_6971  1024 x768.jpg

IMG_6977   1024 x768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4

Box from Modellbahn-Lippe.com came today.  Just a bunch of decoders (mostly for the EM13 boards, though a couple other ones including a Trix 14pin), some Digikeijs contacts for adding to rolling stock that normally don't pick up track power, and a DM-Toys crane that was on sale.

IMG_0453.thumb.jpg.686bf90ca0c20b603de5a16614ad7c8c.jpg

3 hours ago, chadbag said:

and a DM-Toys crane that was on sale.

Ooh I'm jealous. I love that crane. Would you mind posting some feedback about it in the Construction equipment thread when you get round to putting it together.

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 1

TopTrain Renfe AVE class 112

DzhsmXQX4AIYL7Q.thumb.jpg.e29648e990a52e3077febce544f64882.jpg

The class 112 was previously released under the brand name Startrain. Really, it's the same company though. No idea why they renamed themselves. Compared to the Startrain version it has been slightly improved (black frames around the headlights, LED light) and the livery has been updated.

Also got me a Brawa DR BR 201 and some fitting Halberstädter Mitteleinstiegswagen

DzhvmOeWoAAPOl1.thumb.jpg.1176b8ececf50a72ccac42d81b5dceea.jpg

• Like 3
On 2/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, Suica said:

Thanks to a friend in Poland, I was able to get another 2nd class coach for the prototypical full 6-car formation of the Berlin-Warszawa-Express.

Dyu9UE9W0AEyCyM.thumb.jpg.c3c32a60345326fbcd055e4a9d64e952.jpg

(Book-) case closed. Time for the next project.

When I saw your picture I had to remember my last delivery last week :-)

IMG_20190217_231814.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got the complete CD Eurofirma cars set from Fleischmann (881806/07/08/09)

CD.thumb.png.ffc64e2a0b1e34c1cda3c83690fffa29.png

Funny observations: only 1 car has "In cooperation with DB" logo's, even though Fleischmann pictures it was on all cars. That car is also quite different from all the others. Maybe it was some sort of prototype? One car of the whole set (a 2nd class car) has different bogies, which is not the one with the DB logo car.

Dunno. Anyway a beautiful set.

• Like 2
On 2/16/2019 at 4:47 PM, Suica said:

TopTrain Renfe AVE class 112

DzhsmXQX4AIYL7Q.thumb.jpg.e29648e990a52e3077febce544f64882.jpg

The class 112 was previously released under the brand name Startrain. Really, it's the same company though. No idea why they renamed themselves. Compared to the Startrain version it has been slightly improved (black frames around the headlights, LED light) and the livery has been updated.

Hi Suica,

the previous release was the AVE 102, 112 it's similar but with different car formation, 2 first class - preferente - has been changed with 2 second class - turista

just the 102 with original livery (blu stripes) is a re-run of the original Startrain release (it's curios , both ST60300 and TT 60300 are limited editions, every time they change the company name they released a limited edition again, for box collectors i think...)

Startrain history is a little bit complicated, born like brand for self produced models of SOLDAT s.l. (Kato spanish distruibutor, closed for bankrupcy)

Project, mold and brand transfered to the new company Nowelhobby, closed for similar trouble and re-opened like TopTrain (same owner)

I hope only the new one have spare parts interchangeable whit the old...(cardan shaft for example....)

has been "improved", expecially the price from 250 to 350€, like the new Arnold ICE3   🙂

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice! Is that a casco case? What model case is it? I would love to have bookshelf cases for my German trains. 

The Casco cases that work are YP-047, YP-048, YP-547, YP-548 & YP-957 but I always find it hard to get these online (for a normal price). They're either always sold out or have a limit like 1 per household on HS. I always request them when friends visit Japan, as they're rather easy to find in model shops.

2 hours ago, jappomania said:

Hi Suica,

the previous release was the AVE 102, 112 it's similar but with different car formation, 2 first class - preferente - has been changed with 2 second class - turista

just the 102 with original livery (blu stripes) is a re-run of the original Startrain release (it's curios , both ST60300 and TT 60300 are limited editions, every time they change the company name they released a limited edition again, for box collectors i think...)

Startrain history is a little bit complicated, born like brand for self produced models of SOLDAT s.l. (Kato spanish distruibutor, closed for bankrupcy)

Project, mold and brand transfered to the new company Nowelhobby, closed for similar trouble and re-opened like TopTrain (same owner)

I hope only the new one have spare parts interchangeable whit the old...(cardan shaft for example....)

has been "improved", expecially the price from 250 to 350€, like the new Arnold ICE3   🙂

Thanks for the info!

At least they give you a bag of replacement loco->coach couplers with the set. They are the same (horrible) type used on Kato TGVs.

Well, as for the price. That increased on both, the ICE 3 and AVE 112. I guess all manufacturers do that. However, I think the AVE is a much nicer model. I never had any love for Arnold's ICE 3 (or for any ICE 3 model for that matter. The Minitrix model is just as terrible in different ways) and I don't have much hope that it'll much improve with the new model.

Edited by Suica
  • Thanks 1
On 1/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, VJM said:

l77.jpg

Why did I buy this monstrosity? ???

I didn't get the FEF3 but I got that SD70ACe and since none of my rolling stock is UP ended up buying the excursion train as well. Are you getting the reissue of the George Bush locomotive? Gorgeous paint job on it (and on 'The Spirit" as well).

The George Bush 4141 is a very smart locomotive, but I don't think I'll get it.  I have very little American rolling stock: just this full train and an Athern Big Boy.

The story goes that I bought the loco first, then needed the coaches behind it.  Then after watching some YouTube videos, needed the tender and diesel loco.  The regular UP livery diesels don't really stand out when running with the Excursion set, so I decided to get the Spirit loco.  Initially I wasn't so keen on it, but it's kind of grown on me.

Found this gem in the last corners of a model train shop. Almost complete too! 

Just now need to find one last expansion set to have a complete HVZ-D "long" with 10 waggons and two locos. I'm currently using two other cars to get the same lenght. But I could also run it with only 6 waggons for a "short" version.

IMG_20190223_193233.thumb.jpg.4a19681783adfa11743ee55f61e64d72.jpgIMG_20190223_192728.thumb.jpg.7e7dca1c7f6d500542c7b06cb8567675.jpg

Sadly, the locos short out on the Kato single crossovers, anyone got any experience with Fleischmann locos on Unitrack?

IMG_20190223_182937.thumb.jpg.60b090680f4edf1a299740e6f22f4fa6.jpg

1 hour ago, Waisneed said:

Found this gem in the last corners of a model train shop. Almost complete too! 

Sadly, the locos short out on the Kato single crossovers, anyone got any experience with Fleischmann locos on Unitrack?

IMG_20190223_182937.thumb.jpg.60b090680f4edf1a299740e6f22f4fa6.jpg

It's not that rare, is it? My model train shop has been trying to sell their set for ages at discount prices but nobody buys it.

I do not have any problems with Fleischmann (or any other european loco's) on KATO unitrack, though I do not own a single crossover, only double crossovers and the #4 and #6 switches.

7 hours ago, Yavianice said:

It's not that rare, is it? My model train shop has been trying to sell their set for ages at discount prices but nobody buys it.

I do not have any problems with Fleischmann (or any other european loco's) on KATO unitrack, though I do not own a single crossover, only double crossovers and the #4 and #6 switches.

I was unable to find them online, and desirebility may vary between markets.

Still lookin for the 2 car extension set with a B and AB waggon.

That is the fascinating thing, it only, but everytime, shorts on the single crossovers straight leg. After having I closer look, I suspect the wheels may bi slightly wider than Kato thinks they should be.

14 hours ago, Waisneed said:

That is the fascinating thing, it only, but everytime, shorts on the single crossovers straight leg. After having I closer look, I suspect the wheels may bi slightly wider than Kato thinks they should be.

I checked again, the wheels are actually wider. Too wide.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, Yavianice said:

Hi @Yavianice,

What shop is that?

Might be interested if the price is right.

Regards,

Marco

Finally got some BLI HO California Zephyr coaches, something I've wanted since I was in middle school when the first release came out.  Now I only need 9 more for the full train!  

20190226_162515.thumb.jpg.100d9ae72e27eaeb6038f8d4090a417b.jpg20190226_230915.thumb.jpg.c1a01fafdd28b183749bb61127c48ed4.jpg

• Like 2