What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

8 minutes ago, Suica said:

More East German rolling stock!

Got some Prussian DR coaches to go with the Prussian P8

Fantastic! What brand are they? 

Edited by gavino200

Ebay was having a 15% off sale yesterday, so I went ahead and ordered some Chinese n scale coaches.  Now time to sell off some underused American and Japanese models so I can afford to get Chinese freight cars.

1080758933_s-l400(1).jpg.b9da2a2a3944582f0cc845e7c2b31080.jpg

• Like 3

A284741E-3603-49AB-9291-E9E6CF8B9DC2.thumb.jpeg.9d5a1031504cdd79f3969cf3262e79cc.jpeg

Got both Lufthansa Airport Express Trains (Lima BR403 and Fleischmann BR103 and cars, both in amazing condition) for a good price. Looking good in a CASCO case. (Note I got them seperately and put them in a CASCO case of my own)

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

A284741E-3603-49AB-9291-E9E6CF8B9DC2.thumb.jpeg.9d5a1031504cdd79f3969cf3262e79cc.jpeg

Got both Lufthansa Airport Express Trains (Lima BR403 and Fleischmann BR103 and cars, both in amazing condition) for a good price. Looking good in a CASCO case. (Note I got them seperately and put them in a CASCO case of my own)

Nice.   Always nice to find things in a deal. 

I have an Arnold BR111 in Lufthansa livery I got on a deal. .   I need to find some affordable coaches. 

8 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Wait, why was I not told about these earlier? Want. Is the special promotion still on?

Unfortunately not. It was a 20% off thing.

I think the best price you can find right now is on eBay.

Kühn does make them in different flavours. http://www.kuehn-digital.de/wagen.html

Grün, Rehbraun, Mintgrün, ČSD, ČD and PKP. But as a Berlin person, "Hauptstadtfarbe" was the way to go! 

• Like 1

American Passenger Train with 3 locomotives, mo' power mo' better! 🙂 Yes, Casco cases are very cool!

IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 2
On 8/15/2018 at 1:00 AM, Yavianice said:

Nice trains!
Which Casco case/Urethane sheet did you use, I've been looking for one that can fit Euro trains. According to my calculations even the Shinkansen ones should be too short.

1 hour ago, Gryphr said:

Which Casco case/Urethane sheet did you use, I've been looking for one that can fit Euro trains. According to my calculations even the Shinkansen ones should be too short.

European cars only fit in the CASCO case + Urethane where a Shinkansen E4 is depicted on the front, such as 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10443669

If you want Urethane only, the 8 car "regular" size (up to 25 meters) is the only one that fits European cars, such as:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10416025 (also available in dark gray)

All other sizes do not fit standard European cars of Eurofirma dimension. In the above mentioned CASCO Urethane, double deckers also fit with ease. The only thing that does not fit are slightly extended cars, such as some older restaurant cars or the two middle cars of the BR403 in the picture, which need to be adjusted slightly with a knife. But you don't notice it, if you do it carefully.

I'm migrating all my European cars in cases such as this. As I am an occasional runner, I do not want to be surrounded by crystal cases when running a few trains on my layout, Cases are much easier and prettier.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

DM Toys package with a few small items came a few days ago.

3 different backgrounds from Gaugemaster and some Busch and Fleischmann DB decals.

--

m4czcvU0QSWLMjY1FQfRFg.jpg

The DF4b's arrived!  The box was absolutely wrecked, looked like an elephant had stood on it.  Luckily the models we just fine, slight crack in the plastic cases but the trains themselves have no damage other than a loose coupler.  The DCC decoders they come equipped with are nice, they have momentum built in and come with working taillights too.  Speed step 1 is probably about 15 mph but I don't mind too much, I wasn't able to get to top speed on my small test track.  The wheels have a lot of play but are in gauge, they seem to be designed to intentionally slide to allow the unit to make much sharper curves.  Detailing is very good for a $80 locomotive, separate grab irons and hand rails, the painting is well done although there are a few small sposts I notices which weren't fully covered, although these didn't detract from the locomotive unless you are super close up.  Comes with an NEM (?) socket and matching knuckle and rapido couplers, the knuckles seem fine but I would like to get some more modern operating ones to upgrade it.  Running the loco is smooth and quiet, all 12 wheels pick up power and are geared so I imagine the loco will have no trouble pulling longer trains, even without traction tires.

20180817_104333.thumb.jpg.c13972663ff26bf71cd114a3f42178ac.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

The DF4b's arrived!  The box was absolutely wrecked, looked like an elephant had stood on it.  Luckily the models we just fine, slight crack in the plastic cases but the trains themselves have no damage other than a loose coupler.  The DCC decoders they come equipped with are nice, they have momentum built in and come with working taillights too.  Speed step 1 is probably about 15 mph but I don't mind too much, I wasn't able to get to top speed on my small test track.  The wheels have a lot of play but are in gauge, they seem to be designed to intentionally slide to allow the unit to make much sharper curves.  Detailing is very good for a $80 locomotive, separate grab irons and hand rails, the painting is well done although there are a few small sposts I notices which weren't fully covered, although these didn't detract from the locomotive unless you are super close up.  Comes with an NEM (?) socket and matching knuckle and rapido couplers, the knuckles seem fine but I would like to get some more modern operating ones to upgrade it.  Running the loco is smooth and quiet, all 12 wheels pick up power and are geared so I imagine the loco will have no trouble pulling longer trains, even without traction tires.

Wow! That was quick. Thanks for posting such a detailed account. I can't wait to order mine. 

Did you get some coaches too? Or are they coming later?

19 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Wow! That was quick. Thanks for posting such a detailed account. I can't wait to order mine. 

Did you get some coaches too? Or are they coming later?

It was surprisingly fast, usually stuff I order seems to linger in customs yet this time it it got through very quickly.  I ordered 7 YZ22 hard seat coaches as well but I got those through ebay as extranscom's ebay store had them for a pretty fair price while ebay was having the 15% off sale.  Those ones should be here around the end of the month hopefully.   I answered a few questions about the model on facebook, I'll post my review from there on the China models thread.  As soon as I have the money I hope to get some Minitown freight cars as well, those I'll be buying from taobao as they are much cheaper than ebay or the individual stores.

• Thanks 1

Stumbled in a local toy store over Märklin's long sold out Z gauge VT 08.5 DMU - I just had to pick it up and give it a new, caring home!

VT08_05_Roland_002_upl.thumb.jpg.1425f4e0b48eccf636f620ddaad9efec.jpg

Rather untypically for Märklin Z DMUs/EMUs, the couplers are electrically performing very well, but are mechanically pure crap (normally, it's just the other way round), but there are solutions for that... Otherwise, its a beautiful model.

• Like 5

I received my Rapidotrains UK Pendolino "Alstom", the DC silent version after asking if they have any left. And they did! It's very beautiful. Here is a video of it on my layout:

• Like 1
On 8/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, Yavianice said:

European cars only fit in the CASCO case + Urethane where a Shinkansen E4 is depicted on the front, such as 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10443669

If you want Urethane only, the 8 car "regular" size (up to 25 meters) is the only one that fits European cars, such as:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10416025 (also available in dark gray)

All other sizes do not fit standard European cars of Eurofirma dimension. In the above mentioned CASCO Urethane, double deckers also fit with ease. The only thing that does not fit are slightly extended cars, such as some older restaurant cars or the two middle cars of the BR403 in the picture, which need to be adjusted slightly with a knife. But you don't notice it, if you do it carefully.

I'm migrating all my European cars in cases such as this. As I am an occasional runner, I do not want to be surrounded by crystal cases when running a few trains on my layout, Cases are much easier and prettier.

Thanks! Unfortunately those middle cars are the modern standard 26.4 meter long ones, so pretty much all modern cars need some extra cutting over the 25 meter shinkansan inserts.

2 minutes ago, kvp said:

Thanks! Unfortunately those middle cars are the modern standard 26.4 meter long ones, so pretty much all modern cars need some extra cutting over the 25 meter shinkansan inserts.

No? All modern cars fit perfectly. Fleischmann, Minitrix, LS Models, Roco.... everything. The only exceptions are the Lufthansa Express middle cars and the extended restaurant cars.

3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

No? All modern cars fit perfectly. Fleischmann, Minitrix, LS Models, Roco.... everything. The only exceptions are the Lufthansa Express middle cars and the extended restaurant cars.

Are those 25 meter or 26.4 meter cars? As those restaurant cars were the first long cars that are standard nowdays. How about halberstadter coaches (ddr stadteexpress wagen, 1978) or the UIC-X-wagen or anything built in the last 10-15 years? The length difference is very small and many cross border trains still use the shorter cars but the newer ones are longer. Anything built in ep.6 or 7 would probably have the longer 26.4 meter length. Or even longer for the newest 27.9 meter DBAG cars. (i'm assuming most of your cars are older ep.3, 4 and maybe 5 cars and DB or similar western types and 25 meter long or below)

This is my third Arnold GT6.I know have 3 of the five colors offered.  This is Gotha Germany.  Picked it up on ebay from Michas Bahnhof and it was a new item.  Eight more left!

IMG_6488 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_6491 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
On 8/17/2018 at 5:35 PM, Kiha66 said:

20180817_104333.thumb.jpg.c13972663ff26bf71cd114a3f42178ac.jpg

These are exactly the same as the diesels the Soviets used to pull the rail-garrisoned RT-23 Moldets/SS-24 Scalpel ICBM which is making it hard for me to justify not making a missile train...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nah00 said:

...which is making it hard for me to justify not making a missile train...

That's right. It's too hard. You can't justify it any longer. You must make a missile train...

• Haha 3