What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

On 6/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, Kiha66 said:

Nice!  One of the members of the local club got one and is really is a beautiful model, detailed down to the lit table lamps. How is your sound working, the one the guy here got had some issues with one power car not always providing sound reliably. 

I haven't had any issues.

But their instruction manual states the following 

DC controllers:  if you have an old DC controller please check with us first.  The best advice we can give is check the voltage output of the track supply – if it is less than 15V you should be fine! We haven’t tested the Pendolino with every possible controller out there but we have noticed that some controllers sold as suitable for N output more than 15V at maximum speed so please check!

DCC sound decoders: the DCC sound fitted sets should have stickers on warning you not to run your DCC sound decoder-fitted Pendolinos on controllers outputting more than 15V, if you do you may well blow the sound decoder!

I use my Kato DC controller but never in maximum speed. Your friend might be having issues due to the voltage being above the recommended 15V, this might lead to glitches in the sound or even blow the sound decoder (stated above).

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Finally, the Orient Express arrived. I love it!

This post belongs in the Japanese thread, does it not? Unless you put an BR110 in front of it and lose the japanese cars, because that's the prototypical german locomotive that ran the train between Aachen and the polish border.

53 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

This post belongs in the Japanese thread, does it not? Unless you put an BR110 in front of it and lose the japanese cars, because that's the prototypical german locomotive that ran the train between Aachen and the polish border.

Maybe. This is clearly a train running in Japan. I figured it was a European train on tour in Japan, so I put it here. And the CIWL thread is here, which includes depictions of the Japanese leg of the tour. But I wouldn't be offended if someone feels the need to move my post. I'm just happy to have it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Yavianice said:

The BR 110 could only drive to the inner-German border, from Helmstedt the train was pulled by 2 steam locomotives (see link http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9104-locomotives-for-the-orient-express/?do= findComment & comment = 101651  &  http://www.gerdboehmer-berlinereisenbahnarchiv.de/Bildergalerien/19880907-nioe/19880908.html)

Edited by lighthouse

A couple of InterRegio coaches, a nice find in the basement of Poppondetta in Akihabara, which will make up a nice (albeit short) rake with the Steuerwagen previously acquired from Hattons of Widnes, UK.

43277904681_0574a18dca_z.jpg

fleischmann-ir-wagen by Rail Squid, on Flickr

In case anyone's wondering why it's being hauled by an S-Bahn liveried loco... well there's a prototype for everything, and it will save me wondering what I should do with the Minitrix BR 111 I acquired accidentally as part of a job lot... it's probably not the best model out there, but it's out here so it might as well earn its keep, though if anyone knows where to source DB AG logo stickers it would look slightly more prototypical.

29407981758_5e63dd6fba_z.jpg

Minitrix BR 111 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 4

This is a DB BR 120:

29419236315_a056f3bd3e_z.jpg

P1020844 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

and at the risk of being lynched, I think when it was being designed, they sat down and said "let's take the most boring elements of all the locomotives we've designed so far, and make a locomotive which redefines 'boring'". Because when I lived in Berlin, though I wasn't far gone enough down the train rabbit hole to care much class numbers etc. , I liked looking at various kinds of trains and have been delighted to recognise many in model form, but I'm hard pressed to ever remember seeing this one.

Now, having taken a careful look through this excellent archive of Berlin rail pictures from the 1990s, I see the BR 120s were a fairly common visitor to Berlin once it was properly connected to the rest of Germany, and I must have seen them dozens if not hundreds of times, yet they seem to have left very little impression , I didn't even realise what the loco pictured above (taken in 2014) was until I joined the dots just now.

Anyway DM Toys have one on sale at EUR 80, so it would have been rude not to, even though it has the wrong logo, but thanks to @Suica's suggestion it arrived with a bunch of DB AG "Keks" logos which I might get round to applying some time before 2030.

43501973792_2bcb04d8db_z.jpg

Fleischmann BR 120 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Nice solid little locomotive, looks the part, runs smoothly and quietly, Railsquid is happy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I kind of like the 120 in the TEE red/beige. Have a Marklin HO one which is a smooth if slow runner with an ESU Lokpilot kit (multi protocol decoder and permanent magnet to replace the field coil). It may say something however that I only have the one 120 Vs two blue/beige and one S Bahn 111s.

Talking of which I've seen photos of those S Bahn 111s running with all sorts of stock. Four axle umbauwagen (may have been a special service in connection with an open day, but still), a pair of silberlinge and a pre-war luggage van... Mine has a three car S Bahn set or a six car doppelstock set to play with.

I have that 80 euro BR120.  The "wrong" logo is because it is Orientrot pre-DB AG.   The BR120 was in service late late 80s IIRC. 

4 hours ago, chadbag said:

The "wrong" logo is because it is Orientrot pre-DB AG.   The BR120 was in service late late 80s IIRC. 

Production series from 1987. Post-1994 a lot of stock was running round in its pre-DB AG livery with DB AG logos on, and as the 120s didn't really make it to Berlin until after 1994 I will not sleep soundly until it looks something like this: http://www.gerdboehmer-berlinereisenbahnarchiv.de/Bildergalerien/1997-11/19971106-974007.html

(Random Railsquid fact: I worked in the building behind the locomotive for a couple of years in the late 90s/early 2000s)

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Production series from 1987. Post-1994 a lot of stock was running round in its pre-DB AG livery with DB AG logos on, and as the 120s didn't really make it to Berlin until after 1994 I will not sleep soundly until it looks something like this: http://www.gerdboehmer-berlinereisenbahnarchiv.de/Bildergalerien/1997-11/19971106-974007.html

(Random Railsquid fact: I worked in the building behind the locomotive for a couple of years in the late 90s/early 2000s)

I need to get some of those decals.  I wouldn't mind flipping mine to DB AG logo.  (I also have a red/creme BR103 that needs DB AG logos)...

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

You seem to lead an interesting life Squid. What brought you to live in these cool places? Adventure, languages, money, women? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

You seem to lead an interesting life Squid. What brought you to live in these cool places? Adventure, languages, money, women? 

10-1  "women"

🙂

it always seems to do it

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Primarily adventure and languages. I was only going to spend a year in Berlin in 1991 before going to university, but it was 1991 and an absolutely fascinating time to be there, and I ended up going to university in Berlin and studying Japanese (well it seemed like a good idea at the time 😉 ).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
serotta1972

Attended the Euro West Train Show hosted by European Train Enthusiasts of the Bay Area.  A couple of different chapters had their modules set up and also had seller tables for their members.  Not quite a swap meet but almost, lots of great stuff and really good prices.  I had the intention of just going to check out the exhibits but couldn't help myself as they had some good deals.  Got 2 Marklin Steam locos, a Roco Austrian electric loco and a Powerline Australian Diesel loco.  Look at the size of the drivers on the 17 007 and I'm a sucker for spoked wheels. It was a good day!

IMG_4320.thumb.jpeg.891b090dadfa092df65cdb4af4957e51.jpegIMG_4321.thumb.jpeg.a51ccb663081e0dc33b9693fd74dc686.jpegIMG_4322.thumb.jpeg.44c97faae25af2189baa518bbae5a413.jpegIMG_4324.thumb.jpeg.43253bc7cbbf53358c3c78ccea2cdb3f.jpeg

• Like 6

The BR.78 is one of Marklin's best IMO. I have the earlier Wurttemburg version which I bought "as seen" for £30 years ago. Turned out to have a 6090 digital decoder with load regulation fitted, and after a good clean and some fine tuning it runs superbly. Look up videos of one on Youtube running Niebull-Dagebull plandampf services.

19 hours ago, chadbag said:

I have that 80 euro BR120.

Digging about a bit, I notice these appear to have been split  from a starter set, which would explain why the locomotive box itself doesn't have a product number (the product number associated with the order, 931702, is for the starter set itself). Not that I'm complaining.

31 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Digging about a bit, I notice these appear to have been split  from a starter set, which would explain why the locomotive box itself doesn't have a product number (the product number associated with the order, 931702, is for the starter set itself). Not that I'm complaining.

Set break ups are cool.  😃

• Like 1

Got a parcel from Spain. 😃

... took ages to unwrap the box 😓, can't fault packaging.

....... and inside of it came out the RENFE TGV EUROMED.

01.jpg

Edited by tavora
  • Like 5

Today the Hobby1loco item I purchased last week arrived.  Something a little different

Lemke / KATO ET425 DB Regio Rhein Neckar Frauen Fußball WM 2011

yxr9nI6UR76HAUhrcsLYlA.jpg

• Like 4
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, tavora said:

Got a parcel from Spain. 😃

... took ages to unwrap the box 😓, can't fault packaging.

....... and inside of it came out the RENFE TGV EUROMED.

01.jpg

Hi,

Great set! I just digitalized mine, using PCBs of the Lyria TGV from Kato :)

Im still on the hunt for its AVE 100 series sister....

Regards,

Marco

Hi Marco

The shop from where I got the Euromed  also had one AVE 100 for sale but at the last minute I decided for the Euromed. 🙂

Yesterday I received the add-on for my Eurostar Class 373 (new) which only cost me £36.

03.jpg

Regards

Tavora

Edited by tavora

I was able to snatch some Minitrix DR Schürzenwagen that I've been searching for quite a while.

DjrPLw3X4AAYsTC.thumb.jpg.65ccf13912dff887934a3f6d51093a2d.jpg

They can go together with my BR 01.5 now.

DjrQCTmWwAA4vas.thumb.jpg.77d79cc61861fdafe380cc690c4d1e2d.jpg

• Like 5