What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

Not really N-scale, but will be once I'm done with it!

IMG_20180522_150934.thumb.jpg.04297cf242fa255592252aa80f7734da.jpg

A Märklin Mini Club BR 89 in Z that I intend to rebuild to an Nm/Nn3 scale model. Probably something very generic and European to fit my other narrow gauge trams.

IMG_20180522_152412.thumb.jpg.ba402b61a3a4622541747bf629899b2a.jpg

As unfortunate as it sounds, I might have to remove and cut off the couplers and buffers in order to make it more feasible for a project, but since it only cost me about 5000 yen I won't feel so bad about it.

• Like 4
serotta1972

Been eyeing this for a while and finally pressed the buy button - it was on sale and I had a moment of weakness, bad combination. 🙂

IMG_3217.thumb.jpeg.74b8061a8b9dbfc58c0033ad2d36a81a.jpegIMG_3218.thumb.jpeg.0ee0e63716dc5ecf1f2fef654b327560.jpeg

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Been eyeing this for a while and finally pressed the buy button - it was on sale and I had a moment of weakness, bad combination. 🙂

That's beautiful. Does it have a decoder socket?

Couldn't resist the wonderful Arnold HNS4184 + HNS4224 DB "Rheingold" in TEE colors. And made a video of my new addition to boot!

• Like 8
On 5/15/2018 at 9:39 AM, Kiha66 said:

I was volunteering with some friends at the Orange Empire Railway Museum on Saturday, and we happened to stop by a small hobby shop on the way back.  I was doing well till I saw this guy for sale for over half of msrp.  Time to order some more decoders I suppose.

20180513_215210.thumb.jpg.f19bd02975420493403aabe564201216.jpg

Is that the Fox Valley model?

5 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Is that the Fox Valley model?

Kato model, but someone put on a bunch of detail parts.  I may end up selling it though as its somewhat outside of my modeling area.

21 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Hey, I’ll trade you - I have an exact HO version. 😀

Hm, that model sounds familiar somehow.... 😄

From the Central Ohio N-Scale Weekend, some absolute steals. All brand-new, a Fox Valley NS Heritage SD70Ace in Virginian colors for $50, an Atlas Seaboard C420 for $40, and an Arnold Burlington Northern SW1 for $60. Should've picked up the Fox Valley NS Heritage in Southern colors with DCC for $75 but someone got it before I came back. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by nah00
  • Like 3

Got a Southern Pacific SD9 "cadillac" today, still got to add DCC so it probably won't see too much service for now, but what a nice model.  US models have been getting much better in recent years.  

20180602_173159.thumb.jpg.4c1cc2a506112c00ff8911503a3dd7b2.jpg

• Like 4

A pair of atlas Western Pacific U23b locos, these two will be good for operations nights at the local club.  They are decoder equipped, but it turns out the decoders date from the mid 90s.  Might have to update them to something slightly more modern.  

20180606_190344.thumb.jpg.33c5c4ae9ff6f8d10a63801910ab4cf3.jpg

• Like 1

The single lighted Orient Express coach arrived today. The main set should arrive in about a month, I think. The photo doesn't fully show how pretty these little window lights are. I'm almost tempted to get another, even though the wagon numbers would be the same.

mKXmpEp.jpg

• Like 3

Is this the KATO one from that new set?  1/150?

Edited by Densha
Removed unnecessary quote

Yeah, N scale. For some reason Kato are releasing a 6 car set, a 7 car set, and also this one by itself. No idea why they didn't just add it to the set. They're also releasing the OE D51, along with an EF-65, and EF-58. I couldn't resist and bought the whole lot.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10283205

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/pre-order-kato-10-562-orient-express-88-6-car-add-on-set

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/pre-order-kato-10-561-orient-express-88-7-car-basic-set

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Yeah, N scale.

Yeah, I was asking if "Japan N-Scale" or regular N-Scale (1/160).

Technically I think this post should have been in the Japanese "What did the post bring..." thread as this represents the train that toured Japan IIRC in 1988 and this car is tag a museum in Japan.  😉

But I won't hold it against you.  It has some funny language on the side that is not Japanese (or English)

On 6/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, Kiha66 said:

Got a Southern Pacific SD9 "cadillac" today, still got to add DCC so it probably won't see too much service for now, but what a nice model.  US models have been getting much better in recent years.  

20180602_173159.thumb.jpg.4c1cc2a506112c00ff8911503a3dd7b2.jpg

Love it. Spent a good half of my childhood/youth on the beach watching engines like this pulling miles of Golden Pig Service TOFC trains on the Coast Line... bloody nose scheme always brings back good memories.

6 hours ago, gavino200 said:

No idea why they didn't just add it to the set.

Because the set (6+7 cars) is the only one that truly ran as a consist in Japan. One of the cars of the original consist (4158) was returned to Japan in 2004 and is now exhibited in a museum in Hakone. They are identical, even though the livery has changed slightly. So you have now one of the cars double. If you really want to have a different car, then I would recommend the shower car VC4013, even though it did not run in the original consist. I have it despite that with the japanese Orient Express set, it still looks cool. Even though it misses the narrow gauge bogies (with distinguishing white latches) and the destination boards.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Thanks 1

I just received the Rapido/Revolution Trains - Virgin Pendolino. Might not be japanese but the product is highly detailed, very smooth and quiet run. In terms of quality this product is at the same level as an Kato/Tomix product. 😀  

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, tavora said:

Might not be japanese

As we have a dedicated thread for non-Japanese models, I moved your post over here.

serotta1972
15 hours ago, tavora said:

I just received the Rapido/Revolution Trains - Virgin Pendolino. Might not be japanese but the product is highly detailed, very smooth and quiet run. In terms of quality this product is at the same level as an Kato/Tomix product. 😀  

01.jpg

02.jpg

I'd like to get one but I just can't swallow the price regardless of it being DCC with sound, at least not for N Scale.  

15 hours ago, tavora said:

Nice!  One of the members of the local club got one and is really is a beautiful model, detailed down to the lit table lamps. How is your sound working, the one the guy here got had some issues with one power car not always providing sound reliably. 

2 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I'd like to get one but I just can't swallow the price regardless of it being DCC with sound, at least not for N Scale.  

Even if you wanted to, you couldn't get one unless you get it aftermarket for even more inflated prices. I tried to get it but failed. It looks so beautiful though