What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

I'm not much in the market for American trains, but I saw this  little Kato GG1 at my local train store, and couldn't resist it. 

IJrSpnQ.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 4

Nice find Gavino!  I've had my eye on getting one of these beauties for a while, but I keep accidentally spending my money on Japanese trains. :grin

• Haha 1

Decided to start a german collection. Here is the result:

HN 4022 Arnold ICE 3M 

K10751 KATO BR426 Tirol

40200 Piko Talent 2 Moseltalbahn

Fleischmann Interregio cars

and some other Fleischmann Eanos goods cars and CNL blue and white/red cars from LS models/Hobbytrain

16818245-E1FB-4E5A-9996-BD02CCE882A7.jpeg

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 8
21 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Decided to start a german collection. Here is the result:

HN 4022 Arnold ICE 3M 

K10751 KATO BR426 Tirol

40200 Piko Talent 2 Moseltalbahn

Fleischmann Interregio cars

and some other Fleischmann Eanos goods cars and CNL blue and white/red cars from LS models/Hobbytrain

That's a lot of really nice trains there :)

One question about the Talent:
How does it sound when driving? I've been wondering since the one I have is pretty growly/loud, but most I've seen/heard running on YouTube seem to sound about the same.

And another thing: Where did you find the ICE 3? They're really hard to get nowadays, haven't had any luck myself so far.

Edited by Gryphr

That's a lot of really nice trains there [emoji4]

One question about the Talent:

How does it sound when driving? I've been wondering since the one I have is pretty growly/loud, but most I've seen/heard running on YouTube seem to sound about the same.

And another thing: Where did you find the ICE 3? They're really hard to get nowadays, haven't had any luck myself so far.

The Talent 2 runs fine. I have not experienced issues with it and it’s not abnormally loud.

The ICE 3 I found in the back of a model train store in unused (!) condition in an undamaged box, in a tiny model train shop which barely sees any visitors. It was a no brainer to purchase it. It runs very well but with a few caveats:

- while the model is better than the Minitrix model (for example, it has actual windows), it does not have an interior, which is too bad. Though I don’t think I’ll equip it with interior lighting anyway

- the box is incredibly snug for the cars. Uncomfortably so. And the plastic to protect the cars (which look and feel like condoms to be honest) is hard to not look ugly in the box.

- the couplers are the most horrible in the world! (Even worse than the KATO TGV couplers)

I will purchase a CASCO case for the ICE instead to make it easier to unpack. And maybe some steel gloves so I don’t stab myself when removing the couplers.

She is a beauty though!

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Gryphr said:

Where did you find the ICE 3? They're really hard to get nowadays, haven't had any luck myself so far.

on eBAY.de they appear on a regular, yet infrequent, basis. The real question is, how much do you want to spend on it.

• Like 3

Probably the last CN locomotive I will be buying for awhile, until some manufacturer announces another locomotive I really want. ;)  This was the newest (built 1990) locomotive used in my area until CN sold the line in 1993.  We called these Dash8-40CMs in Canada for those south of the border these were known as C40-8M. Not an ALCO/MLW but still a beauty.

IMG_4679.thumb.JPG.8717c2f8a986753d058cb652f74a49a1.JPG

Edited by keiichi77
  • Like 5

My wife became a US Citizenship last week and to commemorate this wonderful occasion I got a very American Train for me.  I was running out of reasons to keep buying trains so I have to start being more creative.  :)

IDEHcd1HS5acS7aAJSzJTw.thumb.jpg.eff5142030852e1ecb03ebf190374571.jpg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Having lived about 4 years in Germany, on the economy, over 2 spans in 86-87, and 91-93, I've always thought that trains meant Germany/Deutsche Bundesbahn (Now Deutsche Bahn).   (Since marrying a Japanese woman and going there every other year to visit and traveling lots of trains, trains now mean Japanese trains also, and perhaps more strongly, since I have not been on a DB train in 25or so years).

But I have always had a soft spot for the DB trains, even now, and this was delivered by UPS from Germany to me today.

HobbyTrain H2835  DB BR 110 (Era IV/V).

large.IMG_1939.jpg.934418a3a9bfd45e0fb86c2845bd3073.jpglarge.IMG_1941.jpg.c6b446ea8274c5fff02fd10d06392cd4.jpg

• Like 8

A new addition from modeltrainstuff.com. Its a long running Bachmann N scale Brill. I have long resisted buying these due to scale and quality issues, but when it was only $19.99  why not?  If all goes awry I can always look at motoring with  Tomytec power chassis. I ran it last night. The jury is still out.  :grin

IMG_5807 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, railsquid said:

Finally got round to looking up what a "Brill" tram is, nothing to do with the "Brill Tramway" (which is close to where some of my relatives tilled the land for aeons) but something from the J. G. Brill Company.

It's actually a Brill semi-convertible trolley on which the sides would roll up into the roof to allow  open air riding.  These wood cars dated from about 1906 and some in Lisbon, Portugal lasted until 1996.  Most of these Bachmann models have cheesy Lionel style window silhouettes but not this one.

14 hours ago, railsquid said:

Finally got round to looking up what a "Brill" tram is, nothing to do with the "Brill Tramway" (which is close to where some of my relatives tilled the land for aeons) but something from the J. G. Brill Company.

And Brill-built cars and equipment went everywhere. There's many preserved trams in Japan that are either Brill-built, on Brill trucks or licensed copies. There's also a fair number of older trams and EMUs still in regular service on Brill trucks. They really were built to last.

On the Sydney tramway, there were also a large number of cars on Brill trucks, plus some Brill-built cars. Kalgoorlie and Perth also had Brill cars. Two are preserved in Perth, and we have one at Loftus. It's intact but in poor condition, waiting its turn in the restoration queue.

large.IMG_9855.JPG.ae05fd126300acef1d2a8

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, bill937ca said:

It's actually a Brill semi-convertible trolley on which the sides would roll up into the roof to allow  open air riding.  These wood cars dated from about 1906 and some in Lisbon, Portugal lasted until 1996.  Most of these Bachmann models have cheesy Lionel style window silhouettes but not this one.

I had a ride in a somewhat similar streetcar this evening, on Canal St. in New Orleans. It was a lot of fun. I liked the old style bell, rickety wooden seats, and flickery lights.

VEyJAZz.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I had a ride in a somewhat similar streetcar this evening, on Canal St. in New Orleans. It was a lot of fun. I liked the old style bell, rickety wooden seats, and flickery lights.

I love my streetcars. You meet the most colorful people on there. Especially at night on the weekends.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Sascha said:

I love my streetcars. You meet the most colorful people on there. Especially at night on the weekends.

Yes, I spent the evening riding the streetcars. A few of the drivers were very cool and told me all about the city as we rode. Lots of people chimed in with their own stories. It was a great experience.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Yes, I spent the evening riding the streetcars. A few of the drivers were very cool and told me all about the city as we rode. Lots of people chimed in with their own stories. It was a great experience.

I'm glad you enjoy NOLA. I hope you caught the Mardi Gras Parade on Saturday, and made it to the WW2 Museum.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:05 AM, Sascha said:

I'm glad you enjoy NOLA. I hope you caught the Mardi Gras Parade on Saturday, and made it to the WW2 Museum.

Yes, NOLA was a lot of fun. The people were so much cooler than the lame-ass mid-westerners I'm used to here. I didn't make it to the WW2 museum. Is it any good? 

Edited by gavino200
On 1/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, gavino200 said:

Yes, NOLA was a lot of fun. The people were so much cooler than the lame-ass mid-westerners I'm used to here. I didn't make it to the WW2 museum. Is it any good? 

The Museum is Louisianas NO1 attracktion.It was Named No. 4 Museum in the United States, No. 11 in the World in 2016 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards, and its NO 1 in Militarily Museums in the US!!So next time you should visit. They have Living History every third Saturday in a month, with re-enactors.

• Like 1