What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

Since we already have a Japanese N Gauge and Other Gauges version of this thread, why not show your Worldwide Model purchases as well!

I took delivery of Roco's DR BR 601 "IC Max Liebermann". The N Gauge version is mine, while the HO model belongs to my father. Guess it's sort of my fault that he bought it. :angel12:

post-3895-0-70573100-1494887448_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-75866300-1494887449_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-69148400-1494887450_thumb.jpg

Recently I also picked up an Arnold DR BR 74 at a model train market which was part of the open-day at locomotive depot Berlin-Schöneweide.

Incidentally her big prototype sister was parked right outside the roundhouse.

post-3895-0-29927700-1494887725_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-60269600-1494887724_thumb.jpg

• Like 11
serotta1972

I keep getting outbid every time one of these come up for sale, I finally won one - I was the only bidder. :)

post-2776-0-26236400-1494908602_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-82550200-1494908603_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Wow, that's a beautiful PA/PB set Junior, I've been meaning to get one in SP colors for the daylight.  

Hey Junior, I'll probably never get into US models but I love seeing some pretty locos like that!

Meanwhile I got my hands on an DB ET403 Lufthansa Airport Express.

post-3895-0-55201700-1495214332_thumb.jpg

Doesn't run as bad as I'd expected of an old Lima model but I still wonder how hard it would be to replace the motor with something decent.

• Like 7
serotta1972

Suica, you gotta have at least one iconic North American locomotive or train. :)

I was bidding on a DB ET403 a couple of months ago and went for $85, my max bid was $80.

Especially as Kato ones can be had for very little money.

Two recent-ish British purchases, both from Poppondetta in Akihabara at very reasonable prices due to having that classic affliction of Graham Farish locos, the dreaded split gear:

31898505200_6c43138223_z.jpg

Graham Farish Class 46 (46053) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

33107957323_a14f61e232_z.jpg

farish-47474-rowland-hill by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I've just restored the Class 46 by swapping axles with another one with the same problem, I'll need to order parts for the 47 when I get round to working out what all my other GF split gear victims need...

• Like 3

I've just restored the Class 46 by swapping axles with another one with the same problem, I'll need to order parts for the 47 when I get round to working out what all my other GF split gear victims need...

I think early Bachmann had the same problem. I have fixed a couple of Bachmann 4-8-4 northern locos by following a repair guide online whereby you cut tiny rings off brass tubing and slide over axle and glue with Loctite. Works a treat. Loctite good because it gives you time to get wheels lined up correctly. However I tried to repair an early Bachmann diesel and no room to fit brass ring. I guess Farish has same problem. I have an early Farish powered double bogie which requires new gears. wonder if they are available?

Suica, you gotta have at least one iconic North American locomotive or train. :)

But there are so many cool ones!

I was bidding on a DB ET403 a couple of months ago and went for $85, my max bid was $80.

Depending on which catalog number that was it might've been a good price. There are actually three releases each, which differ largely.

IC Version

#123903G

Lufthansa Airport Express Version

#123902G

You'd really want the latest versions as only those have flush, tinted windows (the prototype has gold-plated windows), red pantographs, separate windshield wipers, tighter couplers and a better motor, which powers both bogies.

There are also Märklin HO models which are nice but pretty expensive.

Three 2-car add-on sets for my kato daylight arrived while I was at a show, hopefully I can run them tomorrow on the club layout and take some pictures.  I need one more set to make the full train, but model train stuff was running low on them.  

lighthouse

Today, after a long search, I finally got my models in TT-gauge (1:120)

DMU BR 628.4 of Deutsche Bahn AG and Electric Locomotive BR 101 + Trainset "Muenchen-Nuernberg-Express" (fastest regional train in germany with a top speed of 200 km/h)

post-2772-0-80429000-1495473719_thumb.jpg

post-2772-0-55043800-1495473758_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

DMU BR 628.4 of Deutsche Bahn AG

"Berlin Lichtenberg" destination sign. I'm feeling right at home. :)

Many years ago a nice train driver let me "drive" one of these. It was still in original mint-green livery but it departed from Lichtenberg as well. That was one of my greatest childhood moments back then. :tongue5:

• Like 4
lighthouse

"Berlin Lichtenberg" destination sign. I'm feeling right at home. :)

Many years ago a nice train driver let me "drive" one of these. It was still in original mint-green livery but it departed from Lichtenberg as well. That was one of my greatest childhood moments back then. :tongue5:

I also own a DMU of the "Suedostbayernbahn" with destination Muehldorf / Inn, which was my home for 5 years :)

• Like 1

I've seen these regularly at Dusseldorf. Beautiful sets. Maybe I should get one in N-scale. They're on offer on Yahoo auctions from time to time... :/

• Like 3

Years ago on visiting a friend in Alzey, I had to take the 628 DMU from Mainz each time. Nice little trains if you're not in hurry.

• Like 1

I have moved this post to the Japanese "what did you order...?" thread where it belongs.

Edited by Khaul
  • Like 1
serotta1972

Walther's Amtrak Metroliners - I wished they made these in N Scale but have to settle for the HO version.

post-2776-0-71742500-1497071098_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-25298700-1497071101_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Probably not... On the slightly less negative side 50% of the locos currently needing attention (shown up-thread) were bought with known pre-split gears at a good price. A gear puller thingy has also arrived. Just need the round tuits...

Davo Dentetsu

If I were a rather crafty Japanese company, I'd come up with an appropriate replacement part for Graham Farish gears that, oh I dunno, don't split gears.  That issue is just beyond a joke and I'm thoroughly amazed GF are still in business.

If I were a rather crafty Japanese company, I'd come up with an appropriate replacement part for Graham Farish gears that, oh I dunno, don't split gears.  That issue is just beyond a joke and I'm thoroughly amazed GF are still in business.

I guess because their main N gauge rival Dapol has even worse quality control lol.

The bar is set quite low in the UK model railway industry but consumers seem ok with it as they fix items them self or send back for replacement or refund.

Davo Dentetsu

I guess because their main N gauge rival Dapol has even worse quality control lol.

The bar is set quite low in the UK model railway industry but consumers seem ok with it as they fix items them self or send back for replacement or refund.

The UK may be okay with it, but us poor sods halfway round the world aren't too keen on having to fix stuff all the time.

• Like 1

I just got several eclectic orders:

From Aust-N-Rail: a bunch of NSW and Victorian Australian freight rolling stock. And I'm expecting the new New South Wales 44 Class ALCO Diesel along with a Class 36 4-6-0 and some additional stock from Gopher Models momentarily.

From Gung-Ho Miniatures: Some new Taiwan N scale structures and scenic details to add to my Taiwan modules. And there's more stuff on the way: buses and structures. Wei is really making Taiwan modeling easy with some very fine quality models!

From "Train Friend" in Moscow, on ebay: a replacement refrigerator car roof to convert the old Piko Easter Bloc cars to Russian prototype. I also previously got a resin kit from him for a Russian postal car to go with the Piko coaches. It can also pass for a Chinese car.

From Model Power: The new, updated 4-4-0 which will become Yosemite Valley number 23.

And there's more on the way from Canada and Japan and Hong Kong.

Paul Ingraham, AsiaNRail

• Like 2
serotta1972

Can't wait to see your new trains at the next event - Los Altos Train Day is around the corner. :)