EMS shipment problems

enoden

I ordered an item from Japan which was shipped EMS within 24 hours of my order. It was scanned as arrived in New York 5 days later. As of this morning, almost ten days after arrival in New York, it is still there. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My local post office offers no help. Any suggestions how to resolve the problem other than to wait it out?

No never had an ems package hung up in customs here in the us for more than a day or two. Something is off. I woul talk to you local office postmaster and try to force the issue as this is express, tracked service. When I had an ems package returned to Japan due to a vacation hold on our mail (I was told they would hold all packages) our postmaster gave me a big lecture that ems packages are express mail and once it arrives at the airport they have to keep it moving ant it's not allowed to sit anywhere for more than a couple of days or all hell breaks loose (or somhe said). Also there is no tariff or customs fees with Japan/us to deal with. I suspect a container of mail is misplaced or it got mixed with the sal as sal can get hung up in processing when it lands as ems always goes first and sal when all the ems is done so if it gets busy it can sit awhile...

Good luck. This is not usual at all.

Jeff

bill937ca

You will have to go back to the shipper in Japan when Golden Week is over.  That is what I had to do in December when an EMS package was delivered to the wrong person.  It was turned back to the post office later that same day, but I had to notify the shipper to start the tracing process. But as my problem happened during the Japanese New Years break there was no immediate assistance and I actually got my package before I received any response from the sender.

Edited by bill937ca

Problem solved.  I contacted the seller and there was a misunderstanding.  I was under the impression that the item had been shipped EMS.  The seller assumed that I preferred SAL shipping so it was sent via the slower method.  I'm sure that it will be at my door soon.  

Edited by enoden
  • Like 1

Great! Sal registered so you had tracking. Then yes it can sit at the incoming airport until there is time and room to jump into usps,mthen it seems to proceed like priority mail but sometimes a tad slower, again it's sort of second class to priority mail.

Enjoy!

Jeff