Question about KATO automatic crossing gate 20-652 PSU

Yavianice

Drunkenclam

Ok, Here you go. Inside the box is the position of all of them

post-3115-0-65624300-1501010719_thumb.jpg

I think its something to do with the position of the train as it leaves the first trigger sensor

post-3115-0-73856500-1501010726_thumb.jpg

post-3115-0-02804800-1501010732_thumb.jpg

Compared to all the other lines.

The train almost is on both sensors at the same time compared to the others, As I don't have a manual. I don't know if this is ok. Or causing interference.

post-3115-0-03336500-1501010736_thumb.jpg

Compared to the other direction which I don't have any issue with. All the trains are clearly over the first sensor on the crossing as they leave the trigger sensor.

post-3115-0-73913600-1501011625_thumb.jpg

In fact in both these pictures. Dispite the fact I had trains stopped on the crossing, as soon as they were clear (both direction) The gates went up.

I had problems with my crossing gates not going up after trains on my T-TRAK modules. What I did to solve the problem was that, since trains run in only one direction on each track was to disconnect the last sensor in the direction of travel. I surmised the problem was a second train tripping the first sensor before the previous had cleared the last and confusing the electronics.

This may not be the same as your problem though, I've never used mine with four tracks.

• Like 1

I think the curve after the top sensor on the 2nd loop could cause a miscount. This is not a problem as long as the train leaves the sensor before entering the crossing. I would try to move the sensor away from the curve by at least a car's length.

Also you did't say if you have tried swapping the cables.

• Like 1
Drunkenclam

Everything has been swapped round at some point. I spent ages on Sunday. Disconnecting this and that. Plugging in and testing.

I'll try moving the sensor. But that will have to wait a bit.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, but cool layout progress!  Do you have a pic of the whole thing?  Its neat how the camera can pick up the infrared (ultraviolet?) emitters and makes them visible in the pictures.

I just had another look at your photos and had a thought when I noticed your layout was next to a window. Does the crossing operate correctly at night? I have had problems with mine in too much natural sunlight, it seems the infrared detectors don't like it.

Drunkenclam

I'm working nights at the moment, So I am unable to check for a few day :( But I'll give it a try

Drunkenclam

Ok moved the sensors by 248mm :D

Lucky for me when I got the crossing I ordered some of the extension cables for it as well.

Sensor track in their new location (temporary held up by framing packers)

post-3115-0-08798900-1501791572_thumb.jpg

Tested and all seems good. Might have to adjust the sensitivity a bit as it seems a little slower to react. But at least now, the crossing resets after the train has cleared, on all tracks and in all directions at any speed. 

Time for the next stage

• Like 1