Please help with identification

buckingham

I am still trying to devise a decent layout for 2.3m x 0.9m that I am happy with.

I came across this layout in January (according to the image details on my computer).  It may well be off this forum.

I am trying to adapt it for my space and whilst the track can be laid by trial and error, I need some info on the stations

The one on the bottom of the layout seems to be a Kato 23-122 , City Overhead Transit with the expansion set 23-123.

But I am a bit confused about the one at the top of the layout. I am wondering whether it is a rural station 23 - 220 with a matching overhead stairway, or whether it is a suburban station 23-211 or 23-126 with a matching suburban overhead stairway.  I am particularly intrigued by the narrowness of the platforms, which obviously helps with fitting the layout to the width of the base.  I cannot seem to identify these anywhere.

Please could anyone help - and perhaps point me in the direction of the original layout diagram too?

post-3935-0-56030500-1492533241_thumb.jpg

Yep, that's the kato rural station, platform, and overhead stairway sets.  The platforms can be built to have tracks on one or both sides, which accounts for the narrowness.   The sets are pretty fun and easy to build, I very much recommend them.

post-3846-0-58410000-1492545130_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Kvp and kiha .

I have found the site from that link and a list of parts that makes it up.

Also good to see a real life version of the kit.

Kiha - can you tell me the width of those platforms please?

Also do you think that the platforms will work with a suburban station and suburban overhead bridge?

One the platforms wont work together in a mis and match formula.

The old rural station platforms require track spacing of 49.5mm.

All other KAto platforms (eg modern etc) require 66mm track spacing.

• Like 1

Thanks Katoftw.

Just to be clear, are you saying that I could not get a rural platform set and put a suburban station on front and a suburban bridge over? Just that I am veering towards a wholly urban layout

The station base is part of the platforms, so you would have to kitbash it. I would just add an island platform on top even if it means one less storage tracks. Or maybe one suburban platform on the station side and the rural as the island one.

• Like 1

Like kato and KVP said, the platforms don't quite match up, but having the suburban station and platform would only require inserting two S64 straights between the mainline switch and the first yard switch to fix the spacing. 

• Like 1

The station base is part of the platforms, so you would have to kitbash it. I would just add an island platform on top even if it means one less storage tracks. Or maybe one suburban platform on the station side and the rural as the island one.

I wouldn't mind going down the suburban platform one side and the rural the other but it looks like Kato do not sell the narrow rural platform on its own, only as part of a quite expensive kit

I wouldn't mind going down the suburban platform one side and the rural the other but it looks like Kato do not sell the narrow rural platform on its own, only as part of a quite expensive kit

This leaves you with the option to remove the two #6 turnouts and replace them with two #4-s and two S64 pieces, so a standard island platform will fit.