Please help! Much appreciated!

Please help me to decide thanks!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tobu 50050 Shin-Chan will you choose?

• BLUE Kazama-kun Design
    • RED NeNe-Chan Design
    • ORANGE Bo-chan Design
    • YELLOW Shin-chan Design
    • GREEN Masao-kun Design

http://www.greenmax.co.jp/image/new_release/new_release_201702_01.jpg

This has been announced for sometime now, and I have been also pondering for sometime...

I now think I really should get a Tobu 50050 series, and what better way to get it than a painted one!

The HUGE problem now is, I only have dough for one set (maybe all 10 cars, that'll see) due to that huge price tag and I really really cannot get around to deciding which livery to get!

Hence I would really appreciate if you could help me to cast your votes. Comments and reasons of course very much welcomed..

Thanks for helping a man in deep dilemma! Cheers!

And a youtube video of all 5 liveries just to make it even more challenging to choose....

Original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2Z1YwwQAo&t=129s by  toubu31402

Edited by JR 500系

I'm biased towards orange as that's my prefered colour by default (matches any other colour) and it's the original 50000 Series (and subseries) colour. 

• Like 1

I'm really not interested.  My focus is older Chuo Rapid trains. Preferably Kato.   :)

Edited by bill937ca

I don't understand - since you're the one who will be buying it, how does it matter what other people like?

Since it's all the same train, just go with the color you like best - in general.

Other than that, I'm with Bill, as none of them appeal to me.

I'm biased towards orange as that's my prefered colour by default (matches any other colour) and it's the original 50000 Series (and subseries) colour. 

Cool ~ That's what I thought too, especially so when I have rode on an orange 50050 myself...

I'm really not interested.  My focus is older Chuo Rapid trains. Preferably Kato.   :)

Just the direct opposite to my interest, but that's ok~  :)  

I don't understand - since you're the one who will be buying it, how does it matter what other people like?

Since it's all the same train, just go with the color you like best - in general.

Other than that, I'm with Bill, as none of them appeal to me.

Thanks for the input, just asking for mast opinions. Sometimes judging from the decisions of the mast might influence the final decision, which is why there are elections and votings and statistics and such ~  :)

The colour are similar to JR East fleet colours. Maybe get a colour you dont have?

That's what I thought too, getting a colour which I don't have... but it seems all 5 colours are more or less covered...   :(

Blue - Keihin-Tohoku Line

Red - Keiyo Line

Orange - Chuo Line

Yellow - Sobu Line

Green - Yamanote Line

Just get them all, just like the E233's and problem solved.  

That would be prefect mate, but the price of one basic 6-car set is almost the price of 2 E233 sets (depending on make and number of cars...)

I just wished I could get them all, but then again, getting them all but not being able to run them all at once is kinda....

Edited by JR 500系

All are very pretty, but I think the blue and orange look the best!  Don't listen to junior though, you totally don't need to get them all to do a beautiful rainbow yard shot.  Try not to think how good they'd all look together, with maybe some yard workers washing them as the railfans outside the gate clamor for a shot!  :P

. . . Damn it Junior, now I want to get more E233's too!

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, just asking for mast opinions. Sometimes judging from the decisions of the mast might influence the final decision, which is why there are elections and votings :)

Exactly - do you ask other people who you should vote for in elections?

I have an idea - why don't five people agree to each buy a different color, and then trade cars so everyone has (at least) one car of every color?

You could register for the color you like best, so that way you have two of those.

No "all of them" option?

Welp, Shin-chan it is then.

That's also a very good option. It's the main character of the series, plus the main colour of the 'I Love Kasukabe' campaign, so by default that actually should be the main choice.

• Like 1

Interesting inputs... keep them coming! it seems the orange is leading now!

If I wanted a rainbow lot of them, I could get this, http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10449246  but that's just the front carriage, no working lights and no motor... I actually like the Tobu 50050 series and Shin-Chan which is way this is going into the to-get list after a long ponder....

Perhaps Yellow Shin-chan is the way to go... hhhmmm.... he is the protagonist of the show anyhow so most would recognize him straight away...

No votes for Green Masao Kun?  :)

Edited by JR 500系

I think I have seen them all in person, but but I may be biased because I only have seen the yellow one from up close at Chuo-rinkan:

post-638-0-12727500-1491919829_thumb.jpg post-638-0-55163900-1491919834_thumb.jpg

Personally I like the orange and yellow ones the best. The blue isn't bad either, but the green and red doesn't really appeal to me.

Although not prototypical, GreenMax should already just release a 5-car set with all colours in one consist. That should also have the perfect length for model railway layouts.

I was sort of the same when I looked at the announcement the first time, not sure at all which color I would want if I were to get one, but did look sidelong at the 5 car different color display and then add motor, trucks and couplers!

Jeff

I actually think these trains are ugly colors. I watch a lot of Tobu videos but I pass on these trains.  The green is not dark enough, the red just doesn't excite me and the others are bland.  

• Like 1

Although not prototypical, GreenMax should already just release a 5-car set with all colours in one consist. That should also have the perfect length for model railway layouts.

There is? Is it a new release? I only saw the one with the 5 front cars in different colours, and they do not have lights or motor and is purely meant for display only... http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10449246

Apologizes I just read carefully and I do agree too they should make a ready to run model with all 5 cars in different livery! Then again, it would diminish the desire to buy all 5 liveries which will means lesser sales for them....

It will be interesting to have a 5-car train of all 5 liveries running on the layout!  :)

Edited by JR 500系
Takahama Trainwatcher

We need a preferential voting system (4 points for best, 3 for second best, etc.).

2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

That orange looks a little off!  😁  Very pretty train!

Thanks! That's the Yellow Shin-Chan design, by the way....  :grin