Kato copper strips

Kiha66

Does anyone know a source to get replacements for the metal strips that transmit power and act as a suspension for the wheels in kato powered cars?  One of them snapped in the power car of my 583 series, and I'd love to be able to get it running again.  Ideally I'd like to replace both, as the other is bent, but I need to at least replace the one to get it working again!  (Picture is from a 485 series car, but they appear to be the same between different models) 

post-3846-0-88345900-1491626085_thumb.jpg

Das Steinkopf

Have a look at the parts listing on the instructions and ask Nariichi if he can source one from Kato for you, he was able to get a replacement lighting board for my EH200 when it decided to fry itself.

I ended up buying a spare power chassis (the new type with strips underneath, not the old one with the embedded motor) from buyee, as it turns out that kato has the same frame on almost all their new motor units, and the plastic floor just extends the frame to match the shell length.  The plastic floor also adjusts where the trucks are, so they end up the spacing.  So if you need to, just get any new chassis, then switch the floor plastic, and truck/driveshafts from the old unit.  Just pay attention to the orientation of parts, some floors fit the metal frame facing the other way!

• Like 1