Mizushima Rinkai Railway

yakumo381

I am planning a trip to Japan later this year to be based in Okayama so as to photograph freight along the Sanyo Main Line. :)

I have come across on Google Earth a freight terminal near Mitsubishi Jiko-mae on the Mizushima Rinkai Railway that runs into Kurashiki.

Does anyone know if this freight terminal is still in operation and, if so, what it is used for and how often there are freight movements?

If anyone knows of other freight terminals in operation close to stations along the line between Osaka, Okayama and Hiroshima and that are worth a visit, then I would be grateful for your suggestions.

Edited by yakumo381
  • Like 1

Back during my three-hour visit to Okayama I decided to ride the Okayama tram network instead of this line. Looking back at it, the Okayama tram network was rather boring and I think the Mizushima Rinkai Railway should have been much more interesting. I don't know about their freight operations, but looking at the old JNR DMUs they're using it should already be plenty interesting if you're into that.