Kato Turn outs / power and LEDs

Kiwimagic

Hi All

Two questions

How many Kato turn outs can one power controller operate. I have 11 connected but can only seem to get 9 to work. How can I get the other two to work ??

Can Kato turn outs be fitted with LEDs to show the direction of the turn out on a control panel..

cheers

kiwimagic.

Kiwimagic,

Hmmm are you throwing the points one at a time? If you are just throwing one at a time then the two that are not working are probably either stuck, broken, or may bit be making good contact somewhere along the electrical feeds to the point controller or from there to the point. Or the point controllers for those two may be bad (they are not super robust, we had them go out now and then when we used them on our club layout a lot).

I assume you are using the little blue kato point controllers. If so have you tried plugging the non functioning points into controllers you know work? If you do and the points work then it's the controller broken or it's got getting power. If the point does not work in a "functional" controller then the point is broken or its not getting power fromits lead.

There are various ways to ring up other point controller systems using simple toggle switches and leds for indicators that use a very simple capacitor discharge. Less than a buck per point for the parts and the components can be wired up very easily with a screw terminal block.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/1031-bcd-switch-control-circuit/?

Pm me if you want me to email you the PDF instructions.

Cheers

Jeff